Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 21 Jun 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sussex Bantam View Post
Hijacking the thread a little - does anyone know of an escape room which might be good for kids. My wife and I have done several in the UK but would love to introduce our girls to them (11 and 9).

Has anyone played anything which might be suitable ?
We did Arizona Shoot Out , it was four adults 60's , 40's and two children ages 13 and 10 , we had to have hints throughout and although we didn't get out we were so close .the 10 year old solved one clue that the rest of us didn't spot , they loved it and we are definitely going to do more next holiday .
Me and my husband spotted an escape room in Paignton over the weekend but knew we wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting out without the help from the others , especially the 10 year old 😂
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hijacking the thread a little - does anyone know of an escape room which might be good for kids. My wife and I have done several in the UK but would love to introduce our girls to them (11 and 9).

My daughters just love the escape rooms in the UK. We came across one last year on the 192, Dare 2 Escape. We did "The Dig" and managed it, literally seconds to spare. It was great fun, well organised with just enough hints to keep it moving forward. I'd thoroughly recommend it.
Just asked one of the kids who said it's opposite TGI Fridays, but can't remember which mile marker it's near.
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosey74
Helping Minnie

Hi there, last year we played ‘The Dig’ at Dare 2 Escape on the 192 which was suitable for children. It was based on an archaeological dig in Egypt, I think. It was the first room we’d managed to escape from with the children 😊

Goosey74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Goosey74
Helping Minnie

Oops didn’t see the post before mine. Sorry for repeating!😊
Goosey74 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by DurhamGirl View Post
Hi

Done a couple in the U.K. I’ve seen a couple of offers on Groupon for Escape Rooms on International Drive. Anyone done one and which would you recommend? 4 Adults (50s and 20s)

Thanks
Yvonne
Oh - in interested in doing one on international drive..need to Google that
Old 24 Jun 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goosey74 View Post
Hi there, last year we played ‘The Dig’ at Dare 2 Escape on the 192 which was suitable for children. It was based on an archaeological dig in Egypt, I think. It was the first room we’d managed to escape from with the children 😊

Ha, looks like you beat us, we literally had two seconds left...
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sussex Bantam
Trading Disney Pins

Excellent - thanks all.
Sussex Bantam is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nquart
Very Serious Dibber

nquart's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goosey74 View Post

Hi, do you think a 6 year old would enjoy this one? She likes scavenger hunt type things and solving clues/puzzles but not sure if she's a bit too young.

Thanks
nquart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyPrincess
Proud to wear my Ears

We did one in the UK and we actually found that the clues were quite tricky.
We did manage to escape but i'm not sure if it would be a bit too difficult for litter ones.
Maybe the one we went to was a bit more difficult or maybe we are just not as clever as we like to think we are.
GoofyPrincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey74
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by nquart View Post
Hi, do you think a 6 year old would enjoy this one? She likes scavenger hunt type things and solving clues/puzzles but not sure if she's a bit too young.

Thanks
So sorry, only just seen your question! Yes I think a 6 year old would find it fun. 😊 p.s I see we have similar countdowns woop woop!