Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Do you think the release flight price will come down?

Hi
Booked our holiday through Disney directly and been waiting for return our return flight to be released, we are going for 3 weeks . The fight just got released on Saturday and its way more than I was expecting suddenly jumped right up to £725 each person. (AER LINGUS) Though booking the same flights through the BA website would be £620 each (not sure why that could be). Anyway I was expecting them to be around £400 worst case £500 as Ive been looking closely at the prices. Should I wait a few days? Im worried that it will go up even more.
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Also waiting. We're going in April '19 and Aer Lingus has one up to £885pp, was at £546pp for a week prior to my dates (still in Easter hols). Im praying they will shift down soon, id be gutted to pay nearly £900pp indirect x
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Our Easter holidays are 1st-13th April, we are leaving 23rd March a week before (dont think anyone is on holiday then) so expected much lower price, when I go on to book it looks like a block of 40 seats on the return flight were booked the minute it was released so not sure if that hiked the price up. I might give them a call, but think they will just say "prices fluctuate" ...
Old 21 May 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PBDISNEYBABE View Post
Our Easter holidays are 1st-13th April, we are leaving 23rd March a week before (dont think anyone is on holiday then) so expected much lower price, when I go on to book it looks like a block of 40 seats on the return flight were booked the minute it was released so not sure if that hiked the price up. I might give them a call, but think they will just say "prices fluctuate" ...
That is a funny time for Easter holidays, aren't they usually at Easter.

I don't think you see flights for £400 very often, but I would have thought £500-600 would be quite doable in March. I'd maybe hold off, keep checking and buy when you see an acceptable price. Prices do fluctuate and there are sales from time to time.
Old 21 May 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
That is a funny time for Easter holidays, aren't they usually at Easter.
Simple answer is no ... not any more !
Schools are moving towards a spring break to avoid unequally balanced terms as Easter moves each year. The schools still close for the bank holidays if Easter falls in term time though.

I'd hold off for a bit

Edited at 12:33 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

"That is a funny time for Easter holidays, aren't they usually at Easter."
Yes our council and many others in Scotland decided a few years ago that it would be the 1st 2 weeks of April regardless of when Easter fell. This is one reason we decided to go this time, also so did everyone else it would seem :/

The same flights are £550 on Skyscanner going through BYOjet , netflights.com - can these be trusted? never heard of it, its still £620 on the BA site and has not jumped in a matter of hours on Aer Lingus site to £800. This is exact same indirect flights times ect. Im starting to panic now, why such a difference?
Old 21 May 18, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes our council and many others in Scotland decided a few years ago that it would be the 1st 2 weeks of April regardless of when Easter fell. This is one reason we decided to go this time, also so did everyone else it would seem :/

The same flights are £550 on Skyscanner going through BYOjet , netflights.com - can these be trusted? never heard of it, its still £620 on the BA site and has not jumped in a matter of hours on Aer Lingus site to £800. This is exact same indirect flights times ect. Im starting to panic now, why such a difference?
Are you flying from Glasgow? There are plenty of options around £600 mark on expedia. It would be about £500 BA if you were only going for two weeks too, I expect the Easter pricing is coming into it for the return.
Old 21 May 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes Its £616 on expedia for the same flights the other options are £580 but change airports Gatwick to Heathrow in London which is something I wont consider doing so its deffo the flight via Dublin we need. Im not flexible with the dates any more as hotels have been booked on release from Disney.

Think Im just gonna book via the BA site and at least get some airmiles
Old 21 May 18, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Still waiting for our return dates to be released... (20th April) I’ve seen so many different prices. Hoping for around £550 mark indirect. Not fussed on route as long as in budget. They may come back down in few weeks 🤞🏼
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Donnalou36
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d say hang fire. They should come back down. Netflights is a reputable company to book with. HTH.
Donnalou36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List