Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 14 Jun 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Thomas cook cancellation fuming!

Firstly let me say I was not originally mad with today's cancellation of the 10.25am flight to JFK from Manchester, these things are out of people's control and we didn't scream or throw tantrums. My daughter is off to Camp America today and when we eventually heard that the flight was definitely not happening she was booked onto tomorrows flight and told to book a hotel so happy. I came home. 15 minutes later she phoned to say that TC were shipping 120 passengers down to Heathrow where they had a plane on standby...ok...no big deal, phone me when you get there.Just had a phone call to say that out of all the C A people transferred, Kate has been missed off and there is no seat for her, even though her name was in the middle of the group of kids jetting out. Just had that horrendous call with her in hysterics, on her own with no-one around to help. She has spoken to the check in people who said they can't hold the plane and she has been on hold to TC for 40 mins trying to get through. Even the representative at Virgin and other carriers are trying for her but no body seems to be able to contact TC to sort it out. So I now have a very scared teen on her own several hundred miles away from home and I'm sitting here really stressing for her. iI have said I'll drive through the night to get to her but she wants me to wait to see if anything can be sorted... HELP!
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

Try social media and give them grief !
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

That's awful, I'd be going mad if it was my daughter, can she check into a hotel at the airport and get the flight from there tomorrow ? Though some hotels have a minimum age check in, TC will have to help ! Hope you get something sorted.
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Maybe things happen for a reason - if she is this distraught at missing a flight and being alone in Heathrow (which is in the UK) how would she have handled the responsibility of looking after all those much younger kids in the USA and the homesickness and loneliness that would hit at some point during that long summer
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
emwratten
Imagineer

Definitely get on Twitter and start bombarding them...
emwratten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

hope you get it all sorted poor girl xx
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Gosh this is awful, I really hope someone is there to help her now.
Link to this Post
disneymummy
VIP Dibber

disneymummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Tweet them, keep us updated.

Please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

I Drive 1990, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2000, 2004
POFQ 2007, 2012, 2015 & 2020
Old Key West 2014.
Yacht Club August 2017 & 2022
Walt Disney Dolphin 2024

New York 2000, Las Vegas 2003
disneymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely, Florida visitor, we have been at the airport since 6am this morning and she has had a resolution to the problem, then cancelled, then shipped down to London, then abandoned and now is just feeling very, very angry at the competencies of big companies. I think most adults would be at the end of their thether by all the cock ups today...a little harsh. She is very able to sort things out but when you can't get through to a 24hr phone customer service to confirm she can book a hotel and that she will actually be on a flight tomorrow, you can understand why she had a bit of a meltdown!
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. So sorry to hear this, terrible customer service by Thomas Cook.
I hope your Daughter gets sorted. As a parent I would be ripping somebody a new ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈. Doesn't surprise me as soon as I saw it was TC.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread