Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 15 Jun 18, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Hogwarts
Excited about Disney

Stumped! Where to stay

struggling to know what to do now, the plan was 5 nights POR , 2 night HRH then 7 nights villa, it was basically the first week to get free dining at Disney and to take advantage of DH not having to drive, was going to have nice meals and enjoy a drink in the parks making it much more relaxed than the normal chaos of trying to rush everything ,but after the dibbers said room at POR would be too small for 5 of us not sure what to do, we can't afford anymore than the £1094 at POR any ideas ? There's me DH,DS 14 but very tall, DD 17 and her boyfriend 18 , who were very close to and shares premier inns etc with us all the time as we go away a lot with there sports, there's 2 double beds and a rollaway, prob put boyfriend on rollaway and me and DH could have a kid each in with us, would this work, thanks guys
Hogwarts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
-kat-
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hogwarts View Post
struggling to know what to do now, the plan was 5 nights POR , 2 night HRH then 7 nights villa, it was basically the first week to get free dining at Disney and to take advantage of DH not having to drive, was going to have nice meals and enjoy a drink in the parks making it much more relaxed than the normal chaos of trying to rush everything ,but after the dibbers said room at POR would be too small for 5 of us not sure what to do, we can't afford anymore than the £1094 at POR any ideas ? There's me DH,DS 14 but very tall, DD 17 and her boyfriend 18 , who were very close to and shares premier inns etc with us all the time as we go away a lot with there sports, there's 2 double beds and a rollaway, prob put boyfriend on rollaway and me and DH could have a kid each in with us, would this work, thanks guys
Hey there, it sounds like you have your heart set on staying onsite for various reasons so I guess there really is no other option tbh as it’s gonna cost more than that to have 2 rooms with the free dining (maybe someone else will know if a solution though?). Forums like these are fabulous for getting help and opinions, however everyone sees things differently so what suits one definitely doesn’t suit the other. I think you should go with what your gut is telling you...if you guys can make it work for 5 nights then go for it! If it’s a disaster then lesson learned and if not then great but either way it’s all magical memories made 😀.
I can imagine it’s gonna be tight on space but how much time will you all spend in the room tbh?! And maybe 2 of you could shower etc at night just to help with that side of things?
It’s not for everyone but you know your family best so I say do what you know works best for you guys 😀

Edited at 08:06 AM.
-kat- is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If you think it’s workable then book it. What works for one family doesn’t work for another.
I read countless times on here it’s just somewhere to sleep so if you have a good plan and routine then Why not ? Disney sell it to 5 adults.
Two value rooms with ddp upgrade would be a lot more expensive I agree. X
You could always take a blow up bed and dump it there for an extra £20 instead of the Murphy ( which isn’t much shorter to my kids bunk bed tbh) . I asked for a photo of an adult on the Murphy bed a few weeks back as I thought a lot of dibbers will be staying here but no one replied with a photo
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 08:09 AM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’ve commented on your other thread about this and while I wouldn’t do it, I also said that it may suit others. You didn’t say in that thread that you’d already shared hotel rooms as a group so I’m not sure what advice you want. If you think you’ll all be fine in one room then go for it. No one else can really tell you if you will be or not. The room has enough beds but not much storage space so you may end up living out a suitcase a little.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

If you’re used to sharing then I think you’d be ok for 5 nights. Plus with the room refurb I presume Riverside would be getting the same high beds like FQ have now so there will be space for suitcases underneath.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Will the boyfriend fit on the murphy bed (it's not a rollaway, but a bed pulled down from a cabinet that the TV is above) at it's only 5'3" long? My duaghter is 5'6" tall and is happy on it, but she tends to sleep curled up. Laying flat, she's definitely too long for it.

Another option is to take an airbed/inflatable mattress and put that on the floor in the space between the door and first bed (it is big enough for one to go there). You could stand it up and lean it against a wall during the day, and then just lay it down at night so it won't be in the way.

If you're used to sharing a room with 5 of you/your daughter's boyfriend and think you'll be okay for 5 nights, then there are ways around the bed issue. You don't spend that much time in the room, so it's just managing the sleeping and bathroom arrangements which it sounds like you've got experience of anyway. Go for it if you have your heart set as you'll make it work. Worst case scenario, you'll decide it's a bit of a squeeze when you get there, but it's only 5 nights before you move on, so not the end of the world

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
If you think it’s workable then book it. What works for one family doesn’t work for another.
I read countless times on here it’s just somewhere to sleep so if you have a good plan and routine then Why not ? Disney sell it to 5 adults.
Two value rooms with ddp upgrade would be a lot more expensive I agree. X
You could always take a blow up bed and dump it there for an extra £20 instead of the Murphy ( which isn’t much shorter to my kids bunk bed tbh) . I asked for a photo of an adult on the Murphy bed a few weeks back as I thought a lot of dibbers will be staying here but no one replied with a photo
I posted a photo on a different thread. Not an adult on the murphy bed at POR, but a 13 year old boy who is 5'3", so still gives a good idea of size: https://DIBB.in/10325541

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Op the average premier inn family room is 229 square feet , I belIeve por are bigger than this so if you’ve managed in a PI you should be fine
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Here's my DGS in a Murphy bed.He is 11 years old and about 5' tall

Edited at 10:31 AM.
Love*my*hols is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

how about trying to get a villa or deluxe room going down the DV points route. Boardwalk villas maybe an option with DV.
PORS will be a very tight squeeze. If you are use to it, then maybe, but remember Orlando heat and humidity tends to effect people differently. 5 adults in a small room could increase the change of tension. There really isnt much room.

portorleans/gallery-POR-AB-Rooms.php

I suggest you study this page and decide. Remember the 360 camera is fish eyed so makes the room look a little larger. If you rotate the camera directly between the beds facing the telephone, you will get the perfect shot on the size (or lack of it)
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List