Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 28 May 22, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Manchester help

Hi everyone

My daughter is 21 next week and we are staying in Manchester, her fav city for 3 nights.

Can anyone recommend some nice cocktail bars and restaurants.

We are staying at the Midland hotel.

We are going to be near the new suffragette statue and will visit that as she is mad about the suffragettes x shame that the Pankhurst museum will be closed.

WDW Visited in 1992, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
Disneymaddaddy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post

I have heard Turtle Bay is good, it’s on Oxford St before you get to the Palace Theatre so only a short walk from the Midland Hotel (there is another branch in the Northern Quarter).

The Alchemist isn’t too far either, that’s up towards Piccadilly Gardens but I think there is other branches in the city centre.

I haven’t been for a few years but my favourite restaurant was the Botanist which is on Deansgate (near the big Waterstones). It’s quite a chilled place, little bit quirky and the food was good.

There is a thread in the UK trips and days out section that has some other recommendations and there is a YouTube channel called TOP JAW that visted Manchester and has some good recommendations.

Edited at 08:05 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

Thank you off to check all this out!

WDW Visited in 1992, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
Disneymaddaddy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disneymaddaddy View Post
Thank you off to check all this out!
No problem, I love the city too but have never really stayed there (I live less than an hour away), I’m rectifying that in July as having a couple of nights there when I go to see Sister Act and Derren Brown. I’m looking forward to seeing what other places people recommend!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Look out for Princess Nicki's trip reports from Manchester, this girl knows her cocktails

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1224455
Old 28 May 22, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

20stories/

Meant to be good for cocktails
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ncmurray
Imagineer

My daughter goes to Australasia, 20 Stories, and the Ivy. She says the Asia section of the Ivy is particularly good.

Edited to say, if you are going next week, you should really book asap... most places are booked up weeks in advance

Edited at 08:16 PM.
ncmurray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ncmurray View Post
My daughter goes to Australasia, 20 Stories, and the Ivy. She says the Asia section of the Ivy is particularly good.

Edited to say, if you are going next week, you should really book asap... most places are booked up weeks in advance
Agree with all these suggestions (and lots of the others). However, also came on to reiterate giving Turtle Bay a miss
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 22, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

20 Stories, The Alchemist, Alberts Schloss, Rosso, Science and Industry (hidden behind a secret door in Cane & Grain), The Smithfield Social…all are great for cocktails.
Personally would give Turtle Bay a wide berth.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

We are off to Manchester too this week! Little girls trip with my sister.

We have booked a table at Dishoom for Lunch (they don't take dinner bookings), and planning on going to Society which is a kind of food court.
I'm also planning to visit Hello Oriental when my sister goes home as she doesn't do Asian food.
If we have time we will go to Escape to Freight Island for drinks and entertainment.

We have also booked a VR session at Virtual Hideout which sounds really fun!

(Agree on the wide berth for Turtle Bay as above. We used to enjoy a visit years ago but its gone waaaay down hill. And its a chain you could go to pretty much anywhere)

Edited at 12:21 PM.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List