Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 18 Feb 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Homemade Chicken Shawarma

I am currently marinating some chicken to make my own shawarma tonight. I’ve looked at a few recipes online and a couple of them suggest cooking the chicken in a loaf tin as opposed to just on a tray in the oven. Would this just to be to retain the moisture in the chicken and not dry it out? I would love to know if anyone had any recommendations please. 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

HI - i have made in the past, but like you mention I cooked the chicken flat on a tray on a VERY high heat
I haven't tried in a loaf tin, but then I use a lot of spices in the chicken and I don't think they would cook nicely, the spices would still have a 'raw' taste, if you know what I mean ?
I cook in a large tray, and then shred in that same tray and put back in the oven to crispen it out again
Old 18 Feb 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
I am currently marinating some chicken to make my own shawarma tonight. I’ve looked at a few recipes online and a couple of them suggest cooking the chicken in a loaf tin as opposed to just on a tray in the oven. Would this just to be to retain the moisture in the chicken and not dry it out? I would love to know if anyone had any recommendations please. 😁
Actually was stuck for ideas for dinner tonight - think I might do the same
Old 18 Feb 22, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by creamcake View Post
HI - i have made in the past, but like you mention I cooked the chicken flat on a tray on a VERY high heat
I haven't tried in a loaf tin, but then I use a lot of spices in the chicken and I don't think they would cook nicely, the spices would still have a 'raw' taste, if you know what I mean ?
I cook in a large tray, and then shred in that same tray and put back in the oven to crispen it out again
Thank you, you explained it perfectly! 😁 That makes total sense about cooking the spices, I will use a flat tray. I hope your dinner is lovely too!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

skewer your meat (thigh is better than breast, as its much harder to overcook it) and cook it under the grill, you get a much better crust.

metal skewers FTW...

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I use my nutrachef rotisserie when I make but until I got that the grill
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by wanye View Post
skewer your meat (thigh is better than breast, as its much harder to overcook it) and cook it under the grill, you get a much better crust.

metal skewers FTW...

Thank you, your kebabs look delicious!
Old 18 Feb 22, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I use my nutrachef rotisserie when I make but until I got that the grill
Thanks Helen. I hope you are still enjoying the sunshine xx
Old 18 Feb 22, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It’s beautiful today
I really need to get off the chair by the pool and finish pressure washing the deck furniture
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List