Notices

Old 30 Apr 12, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
longbo
Getting to know the DIBB

Hi Still being actively read by me.

Have enjoyed all the piccies, enjoyed all the background to the holidays.

Can't wait for more.
longbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Wow! what a great report, and what fab photos!
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 12, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Cheers guys.

Well we are approaching 100 days now - can't believe how close it all is.

So - what do we need to do.

NECESSITIES
(1) ESTA's - will do them next month when I will hopefully have our friends details I need as I might as well do them all together.
(2) Villa Balance - due 8 weeks before we go.
(3) Car Hire Balance - automatically taken from me 8 weeks before rental start date (for both cars, so one will come out about a week and a half before the other).
(4) Travel Money - we already have $600 cash but will need to get more cash and a lump in travellers cheques before we go (Im keeping an eye on the exchange rates). Already have a clear credit card.
(5) New Suitcase(s) as one of ours got damaged last time.
(6) Still need to sort out the financials with our friends for the costs we will be sharing - no rush as I can sort this with them nearer the time as we haven't actually discussed everything that side yet.

ADDITIONAL STUFF
(1) New Camera For Me. Have been looking at a few and quite like the look of Nikon Coolpix P510 as gets great reviews - was looking at the FujiFilm Finepix HS30 but am swaying towards the Nikon. I will still be taking my HD Camcorder with us but getting a good camera that also does HD video at a good quality means I can just take this most of the time and leave the Camcorder for shenanigans around the villa.
(2) New Camera for Emily. I will be keeping an eye on a good waterproof digital camera for Emily to use that does good shots outside of the pool. Had a good suggestion on this topic so will investigate all options.

Cant really think of anything else at this point. The big financials are already sorted with the flights, park tickets and the deposits for the cars and villa - just the balances to be paid.

One thing I really need to do is lose some weight and get fitter - those who have been to Florida in August will know it can be draining. Being restricted at the gym for a few months before getting my back op done and then being laid up unable to exercise for ages meant I put weight on despite being good with my diet and got the shock of my life last week when I weighed myself at the gym and was heavier than even I expected at worst. I wanted to be under 12st before we go and as of last week I was 13st 7lbs - so need to lose a stone and a half. Im not confident I will get there but am having a good go at it - been the gym lots over the last few weeks and every day this week and even swam a mile on 3 of the visits (over 4 in total) and loads of cardio in the gym, as well as being better with what I eat. Not got the right energy levels yet to start a really low carb diet because I know from experience it really takes it out of you for the first few weeks as your body adjusts even when you start the diet with loads of energy - if I wasn't working out I would do it now but need to keep the gym work up.

Next update we should be in double digits
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 12, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
ESTA's Done

Think most things are sorted out now - got the villa and car hire(s) balances to come out at 8 weeks to go (we are at 11 weeks on Monday) and the travel money to sort. Oh - still need to treat myself to a new camera but that may have to be downgraded from what I want because we have decided we want to move house and currently any money we have has to go into getting this house in shape (so new kitchen, bathroom etc.).

Its all fun and games ain't it.

Oh - and I am still a fat so and so. Got weighed earlier this week and I have only lost 3lbs in 4 weeks which is very disappointing, but I am getting fitter at least and keeping up the monster sessions at the gym.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 12, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
There will be no further updates to this - might do another when we are closer to going.
Old 7 Jul 12, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
denthefrog
Excited about Disney

Thumbs up

An epic tale - thank you - great reading and photos
denthefrog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 12, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Thank you. Have actually started Part 2 as we are getting quite close now - click the link in my sig for further updates
Old 22 May 13, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Thanks for some gret pics and reporting
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 22, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Reading along (happy 10th anniversary to the trip report!) My DH can't eat bananas either.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List