Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 May 22, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Cookie_monster
Getting to know the DIBB

What do you use for the phone number? As it only allows a US or Canada number
Cookie_monster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz Boy
Trying for More Ears

I put in my number but it looks like its not correct. Im probably going to cancel and reorder.
I think you can do five days in advance.
Buzz Boy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

I was a bit peeved with my last Instacart order. It arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge where we were staying and bell services just sent it straight up to the room so my wife collected it (totally fine). I was actually in contact with the driver via the app so I knew he was heading straight up.

My wife tipped the friendly Instacart delivery guy, as you would. Next morning reception at AKL were phoning essentially wanting the $6 charge for bell services taking receipt of the order.

I thought that was a bit rich tbh. I've paid the charge previously when bell services have stored our groceries for us and retrieved them. But to charge for simply waving it up to our room I think is a bit money grabbing.

Anyhow, never had any problems with Instacart themselves. Would recommend. Just be aware that there is the hotel charge.
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
I was a bit peeved with my last Instacart order. It arrived at Animal Kingdom Lodge where we were staying and bell services just sent it straight up to the room so my wife collected it (totally fine). I was actually in contact with the driver via the app so I knew he was heading straight up.

My wife tipped the friendly Instacart delivery guy, as you would. Next morning reception at AKL were phoning essentially wanting the $6 charge for bell services taking receipt of the order.

I thought that was a bit rich tbh. I've paid the charge previously when bell services have stored our groceries for us and retrieved them. But to charge for simply waving it up to our room I think is a bit money grabbing.

Anyhow, never had any problems with Instacart themselves. Would recommend. Just be aware that there is the hotel charge.
Yes this is the newish Disney charge. Questionable I would say as a DVC owner, as I’m already paying the wages of bell services via dues. Anyway, strangely enough at Xmas we never got charged it.
Great they took it straight to room, I’d love that but I bet they didn’t refrigerate anything? If they did that is impressive and worth the $6!
Old 27 May 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
wilko691
Earning My Ears

Instacart App

Hi all,

We travel on Sunday and have done our Instacart shop first time ever. I can’t seem to download the app from the App Store, do I need to do this when I get to the US?

Need this to track my delivery as can’t add mobile number.
wilko691 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wilko691 View Post
Hi all,

We travel on Sunday and have done our Instacart shop first time ever. I can’t seem to download the app from the App Store, do I need to do this when I get to the US?

Need this to track my delivery as can’t add mobile number.
It’s a US app, just do it on the website.

However I do have the ‘Publix by Instacart’ on mine. Not sure if still available.

Adding credit cards can be a challenge and PayPal may be the only option but seems you have sorted that one.

Log on and I think you can track it, at least see when it’s delivered.

I’ve never had an issue with it.

At Xmas we got the basket all ready ahead of time and after we had passed the covid tests, later that evening we simply pressed the order button- perfect! They have loads of slots.

If anyone needs a $10 off code feel free to PM me.

Edited at 11:45 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 22, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How far in advance can you do an order

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 22, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
How far in advance can you do an order
You can sort out baskets well in advance. There’s no point in ordering at the moment IMO until you have passed the Covid test. Pre covid, I’d order a few days before, now I would do it after passing the tests. I’ve never seen any problems getting slots the next day, even same day.
Old 28 May 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We may be booking an airport transfer that includes a 20 minute grocery stop at Publix.

If we did an Instacart order to pick up from there, would that work?

Thinking of getting drinks and snacks for the room and a couple of subs for our dinner.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 23, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sandslash
Proud to wear my Ears

Has anyone added UK credit card payment info recently? Can't get it to work even omitted the zip
sandslash is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List