Notices

Old 24 Mar 22, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

ADR Update

Part 2 of our booking window opened today - making it 53 days until we go! So we could book our second weeks worth of reservations.

The tip I’d used last Thursday (desktop, go via ‘your plans’) worked perfectly and all was going well. Until…

I couldnt get my first priority Topolinos for the character breakfast.

So, I quickly changed to Beaches & Cream and got that no problem for the day I wanted.

We won’t be getting the kitchen sink - maybe when the kids are older and can seriously help us out. But can’t wait for the mickeys pants version or whatever they call it these days

This was a change from the Yachtsman. But that’s fine, the kids will love it. Plusssss…

We booked Wine Bar George. Wine and meats and cheeses - oh gimmmmeeeeee. The kids love most things of this nature too (cheese that is, not wine) so think they’ll enjoy it.

I swapped this in for my birthday meal as it felt a bit more of a splurge. Then moved Homecomin’ to the week after. No problems swapping them around.

Then after much faffing with plans and dates, I went for Topolinos on our check out day (I really didn’t have much choice!) so the plan is maybe hit HS, sky liner to Topolinos. Sky liner back to Beach club to collect out bags then start our off site adventure!

This is our only planned character dining, which seems woefully inadequate, but with Crystal Palace not having the characters back; the fact we are doing Yak n Yeti on our main AK day so no room for Tusker House; and, they’ve not brought back Garden Grille breakfast, then it seems the right thing. The others can wait till next time…
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I've been so rubbish at keeping up to date with any trip reports so I'm very happy to be reading all about your AMAZING plans! How exciting that this will be the kids' first trip, you will all have a ball

Your food choices sound amazing! I need to get my backside in gear and start looking at restaurants for our trip this summer. My niece really wanted the Lilo & Stitch breakfast at Ohana's but I don't think they've brought it back yet , I'm hoping they do by the summer!

I can't wait to read all about your holiday

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
janewah
Getting Excited

So exciting! We are on the 3rd re-schedule, we get back a few days before you leave so hopefully by the time you are doing your trippie I’ll be over the Disney blues enough to enjoy it! Your plans look great, and you’re making me think I should really research Genie+…

WDW: I-Drive - Aug 2008, Animal Kingdom Lodge - Sept 2013, Nov 2014 (engaged! ), Pop Century - Sept 2016, Sept 2018, Sept 2019, April 2022, April 2023, September 2024
NYC & California Honeymoon, Disneyland - Oct 2017
janewah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 22, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Update that isn’t an update

Sorry for the radio silence! It doesn’t feel much has happened since ADR day / adding Genie+ on (apart from worrying about Genie+ and reading a bazillion blogs so it probably makes less sense to me now than it did at the start)!

Iceland

We did have a nice little 3 night trip to Iceland - a much belated 40th present for Richard from 2020. We had a fab time! If anyone has any questions just let me know!

The first without the kids but they had a fab little holiday with my parents at Ribby Hall in Lytham.

Eat your heart out Wilderness Lodge

Not done…
We still haven’t sorted our tests, food shopping lists/ pre orders, taxi to the airport, packing! Lots to do & 4 weeks to go!

Wishing you all a wonderful Easter!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Plan of Action

With only 24 days to go we’ve pretty much landed our plan!

Since Guardians is due to open on 27 May I’ve swapped a couple of days to Epcot in the hope of getting whatever is needed for Richard and I.

16 May: VA Flight @ 11.10am, transfer with Skippy Transportation, check in at CCV

17 May: Magic Kingdom, car hire pick up and grocery shop in the afternoon (Richard) and pool time (me and kids)

18 May: Animal Kingdom

19 May: Waterpark (probably TL as BB still seems to be closed unfortunately)

You’ll note we have no food plans on these days - just going to go with the flow around the kids, probably lots of quick service.

20 May (my birthday!): Magic Kingdom, dinner at Disney Springs ADR Wine Bar George. I’ve been told to keep the afternoon free though too

21 May: Hollywood Studios

22 May: Disney Springs mooch in the morning, dinner at ADR Ohana then Magic Kingdom for fireworks

23 May: Breakfast at ADR Whispering Canyon , check out of CCV / into BCV, extra evening hours at Epcot and dinner at ADR Via Napoli

24 May: pool morning, Animal Kingdom evening (Yak n Yeti using Landrys)

25 May: Epcot, evening at Magic Kingdom for extra evening hours

26 May: pool morning, evening at Disney Springs with dinner at ADR Homecomin’

27 May: Hollywood Studios, dinner at ADR Beaches & Cream

28 May: morning at Disney Springs, evening in Hollywood Studios

We absolutely love wandering round a quiet(er) Disney Springs in the morning and grabbing a QS.

29 May: Waterpark, evening in a Epcot

30 May: Hollywood Studios, brunch at Topolinos Terrace, check out BCV/ check into Vista Cay

31 May: Seaworld, Richard golfing in the evening at Top Golf

1 June: Aquatica

2 June: Shopping day (outlets/Mall at Millenia), dinner at Teak

3 June: Busch Gardens

4 June: Celebration in the morning, evening at Seaworld

5 June (Penny’s 3rd Birthday): Peppa Pig World (not booked yet!)

6 June: Disney Springs in the morning and flight at 6.10pm.

Dining List
Not listed in the above but hope to visit!

- blaze pizza
- earl of sandwich (hello holiday sandwich!)
- chicken guy
- polite pig
- Bahama breeze
- I hop
- Cracker Barrel
- Market St Cafe (celebration)
- Longhorns

Edited at 07:20 AM.
Old 22 Apr 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Just checked and the only day we are possibly in the same park on the same day is the evening of 20th May at Magic Kingdom, we are going for the fireworks. Maybe we can see you guys then? 😁

Edited at 03:56 PM.
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 22, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Just checked and the only day we are possibly in the same park on the same day is the evening of 20th May at Magic Kingdom, we are going for the fireworks. Maybe we can see you guys then? 😁
Oh no what a shame as imagine we’ll leave MK early avo.Think your beaches and cream ressie may be an evening we’ve got no plans too (thinking I was thinking a pool evening if the weather holds)?
Old 28 Apr 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Loving all the updates! (And apologies it’s taken me so long to get around to reading them all… as we chat so regularly I forget to check in on here!)

Oh wow that itinerary is truly amazing… and I can’t wait to see what Richard has planned for the afternoon of your birthday!

So so blooming excited for you all!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Single Digits!

Finallllllly reached single digits! Hardly feels real given all the changes over the past two years but the excited butterflies have started 💗

We have now:
- booked our tests for next Sunday with DocHQ, it was about £32 for the 4 of us plus £8 in tests from Boots
- booked our taxi (asked for an 8 seater for all our luggage)
- started packing! Most of it is done bar Richards
- hair sorted including quite a big chop for me, should help in the Florida heat💇🏻

A friend who is out there at the moment has messaged to say it’s VERY hot at the moment, reaching 34-35 some days. A bit nervous for that as Richard & Charlie don’t particularly love the heat 🤦🏻😂 but we’ll do early mornings and then evenings later in the trip to try and avoid the midday sun where possible. Have also loaded up on cooling towels & fans so wish us luck 😄

Also seen that the Disney opening hours are changing quite rapidly and extending. Everywhere apart from MK is now a 7.30-8.30am official opening & they’ve extended MK hours to 11pm some evenings. Unfortunately that means extra evening hours are totally out for us now (another on site perk of no use to young families) as it’s 11pm-1am.

I went to change around a couple of park days as a result and also very little availability apart from AK most days.

Still left to do:
- our pick up shop from Publix for day 1
- print off our vaccinations certificate
- finish packing
- last minute beauty treatments
- online check in
Old 28 May 22, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Sorry I’m late to the party, you’re already there! Hope you have an amazing holiday introducing your kids to the magic 😍

Have loved reading this as I’ve read all of your other trip reports 😊 Hope you’re going to do a trip report when you’re back! x

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List