Notices

Old 22 May 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
Very Serious Dibber

The Brummies are back - August 2022

Thanks for taking a look at our 2022 pre-trippie!

We are back after the covid enforced absence over the last couple of years and we are looking forward to our trip in August.

I’ll start with the cast…

The nipper - Joseph
Joseph is now 6 years old and this will be his third visit having previously been in 2017 & 2019. He loves the bigger rides and on our last visit he was just about tall enough for things like Test Track & Soarin’. He has been eating his vegetables to try and make sure he’s tall enough for more stuff this time around and he has just hit 48” which should get him on the majority of rides at Disney.

He’s a proper little character and loves football, Mario Kart and Disney!

The older nipper - Jemma
Jemma is now 19 and she is still Disney mad! She’s at university these days so we don’t see as much of her as we used to but there was no way that she was going to pass up a trip to see Mickey. She is really looking forward to giving her liver a 2 week detox from uni life! 🤣

The Wife - Emma
I’m not going to tell you Emma’s age because my life would not be worth living. She loves Eeyore, watching Disney vlogs and losing at various games against Joseph. She’s worked hard this year training for a new job alongside work so she is looking forward to a break.

The planner - Mike
I’m Mike and I am chief planner, researcher and booker. Birmingham city fan and my favourite films are Moana & Wreck it Ralph! This year is baffling me more than previous trips with all the changes with Genie + etc but hopefully we will understand it by the time we go.

The Pooch - Bob
Sorry Bob, once again you can’t come!

The plan

Time will tell but at the moment we are working on the basis that this will be our last trip for a while, partly due to all the recent changes. We think that now Joseph is 6 and tall enough for most of the rides it would be a good time to go back.

We are flying from Gatwick direct to MCO with BA on 15th August and doing a 2 week split stay this time. On previous trips we’ve stayed at POFQ which we really loved but as it wasn’t included in any of the dining credit offers we’ve opted for our first week at All Star Movies in a preferred room.

We will then move on to a villa for our second week at Sunset Lakes and then during that second week we are also going to do a one night stay at Royal Pacific Resort to take advantage of the fastpasses at Universal and IOA.

We have 14 day Disney tickets, US & IOA tickets and Discovery Cove dolphin swim tickets and last week I also got talked in to booking MNSSHP which we’ve never done before.

As the free DDP has vanished we’ve had to be a lot more selective on our table service choices. We’ve decided to pick one sit down meal each that we really want to try and then Chef Mickeys for our traditional first morning breakfast.

Our choices are:
All of us - Chef Mickeys breakfast
Joseph - Space 220
Jemma - Liberty Tree Tavern
Emma - Via Napoli
Mike - 50s Prime Time Cafe

One of the things that we still haven’t decided is whether or not to book a car for our second week. The inflated prices at the moment have been putting us off but I’m not sure that we are going to save a great deal by using Uber or Lyft all week.

If anyone else has done it I’d be curious to hear how you got on.

More to come soon…

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE

Edited at 10:24 PM.
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
Very Serious Dibber

Not really trip related, but I just realised that we have now been on the dibb for 10 years since our first trip as a family in 2012. Don’t know how we would’ve coped back then without all the tips and advice from other dibbers! It really is the best for quick advice.

In other news, I gave in to time pressure and called Disney this evening to add genie plus to our stay before the deadline. I got scared incase they hike the price and as it’s probably our last trip for a while I wanted to make sure that we can do everything that we want to. It’s done now so I can stop worrying about the what ifs. Only 81 days to go!

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
FAcup14
Getting Excited

Hey! I caught your post in the "Check my flight" thread. We're on the same flight! BA2039 Aug 15th.