Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 22, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
OP’s update above advises they’ve made various calls to embassies etc who’ve stated that only an error on Q1 can be rectified.
No. This was quoted without official documentation on the Dibb. Ive searched and I cannot find any substantial back up tbh - but not saying it doesnt exist. I just cannot find it and no one has provided a link to it - despite my request.

As a qualified lawyer of 30 years I’m used to looking for evidence and challenges etc. Anyway OP is going down the Visa route now so all good - hope its succesful
Old 25 Jun 22, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by SAFC_FTM View Post
Apologies for late replies but been non stop of the phones to embassies, consulates and many other places trying to find answers.

Dublin is an option, only issue with that is Ryanair won't allow flight back using only a driver's license. We have managed to find some suitable Aer Lingus flights though and they confirmed drivers license would be ok.
Then came the next issue my dad informed me he only had paper copy of driving license so he's now applied to DVLA for new license and it should be here in 2 weeks.

Regarding other comments about changing answers on ESTA questions, it was stated that only Q1 can be changed under error. All others require to go down the B2 visa route.

Currently trying to fill out the DS160 visa form but having difficulty with the Travel Companions section.
It's not exactly clear as to whether the travel companions you add to your application is basically everyone you are travelling with or any companions who would also need a visa?
There's 12 of us in total so I'm worried if we list all 12 will this trigger a group application?
I've tried calling London, Belfast, Dublin embassies and Edinburgh consulate but it's impossible to speak to anyone.
Only advice is automated message to send an email to Belfast embassy.
We've done this but still awaiting reply

So to sum up we are definitely further forward and there is some light at the end of the tunnel and a decent chance he can make the trip if we get everything line up in time
Hi
In regards to the travel companion, we are travel as a party of 10. My partner is the one who needs visa. I’ve listed all 9 other ppl. During interview they did ask who are these ppl whom he’s travelling with. Which they are all my family. The interviewer seems happy enough with at answer.
With avail appts, do stalk the website few times a day. I start looking back in nov n no appt til July. Then eventually got appt in Feb.
Hope u get things sorted ! Best of luck.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Gawd! What a nightmare! As if “life” isn’t difficult enough.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Well we've been trying since Friday to get a Dublin appointment but none are showing up.
Tried logging on several times during the day and always no options.
Wait time on the website checker has gone from 16 days up to 30 and now to 35.

I called the appointments line this afternoon and they basically said there's none available and they don't know when any will be released, just need to randomly keep checking.

I thought thing were going to well!
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Some positive news today, managed to get an appointment booked in Dublin for 16th August.
If all goes to plan that should leave enough processing time to get it sorted for our September 30th trip.

Only slight hiccup is the collection of passport, looks like the express courier option is not available to be sent to addresses outside of Ireland.
Will need to see if its possible to use a 3rd party courier, failing that he will need another return flight to Dublin just to collect.
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Glad to hear a positive update! It's moving in the right direction - fingers crossed all goes to plan!
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Some positive news today, managed to get an appointment booked in Dublin for 16th August.
If all goes to plan that should leave enough processing time to get it sorted for our September 30th trip.

Only slight hiccup is the collection of passport, looks like the express courier option is not available to be sent to addresses outside of Ireland.
Will need to see if its possible to use a 3rd party courier, failing that he will need another return flight to Dublin just to collect.
Do you know anyone who lives in the Republic of Ireland? When my friend got her Canadian visa she had it posted to a friend's address in Dublin and then they sent it to her home address in Scotland.

From what I remember they wouldn't post it outside the ROI.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Unfortunately we don't know anyone in ROI, we only have family in Northern Ireland.

I'll get him to ask what the options are during his interview. There is an options to add the name of a 3rd party to pick-up at the designated DPD location so he can asked what the criteria is regarding that.
Wouldn't be the end of the world if he has to do another Dublin trip as fares are only £25 return.
Old 7 Jul 22, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

I think you mentioned you have family in Northern Ireland? The post system in the ROI treats NI the same as ROI so that might be an option if you want to get it sent to an address on this side of the water.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Please can you provide your source to confirm that only Q 1 can be changed as Id be interested to read the official guidance on that.

Yes its good advice to apply early but not to launch on the previous Dibber et all dib style when he was under immense stress anyway and it was already done
It's well documented on many forums and FB groups that multiple people have had success on this. Having said that just because it was once allowed doesn't mean it still is. The question about mental health is poorly worded and I would have though they would have reqorded it by now.

I know a fair bit about Immigration law and the only advise I will give on here is apply early ( reducing risk of losing holiday or money) and that the questions are not designed to trick you read them carefully and answer honestly. It really isn't that hard to get an esta for the vast majority.

But a valid esta with wrong info will be invalid at checkin.

Edited at 05:43 PM.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List