Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 22, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KezL
Trying for More Ears

Current advice to pack 1st day essentials in hand luggage - what to pack?

Hi all, I’ve been hearing lately due to the chaos at airports it’s worth packing some day 1 essentials in hand luggage to ensure if cases don’t make it to the intended location you have those basic essentials to hand. Other than swimwear, underwear, minimal toiletries (toothbrush / paste etc) what would you view as necessary to have immediately available to get your holiday started without that dreaded “I don’t have my luggage” feeling?! I’m thinking: make up, deodorant, toothbrushes/paste, swimwear for all, underwear, one change of clothes. Anything I’m missing? Sounds very negative but trying to plan for that dreaded scenario!
KezL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Medication, phone chargers, flip flops!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
KezL
Trying for More Ears

Thankfully all small and light but so needed!
KezL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
notorious
Earning More Ears

We were without our luggage for 4 days recently. I’d add travel adapters as well for the phone chargers along with any other needed charging cables, adapters etc.
notorious is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

This is a useful thread. I suggested hand luggage to DH and he pretty much laughed in my face. We’re going for four weeks but in a villa for the majority of it so I reckon it would be doable.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

About 15 years ago I was going to USA via Amsterdam and had a tight connection. I made the flight but my bag didnt and was delivered to my hotel the next day. Since then I have always packed for just in case in my hand luggage.
  • Full change of clothes
  • Travel documents
  • Medications
  • Toothpaste and toothbrush
  • Deodorant
  • Facewash
  • Facewipes
  • Moisturizer
  • Sunscreen
  • Perfume
  • Sun glasses
  • Mini first aid kit
  • Hairbrush
  • Electronics / chargers / adaptors etc
  • Extra facemasks, hand sanitizer, anti bac wipes
  • Snacks
  • Refillable water bottle
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
petit-pois
VIP Dibber

Great thread! I think I’d add something to sleep in and sanitary products
petit-pois is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I always take 2 days worth of clothes an essentials in my hand luggage case. I take the travel sized toiletries, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, face wipes, deodorant, and my medication, I usually do this because we fly into Miami and spend the first night at an airport down the coast and I don’t like to ruffle through my main cases. Also a phone charger/portable battery.

I also take clean undies, socks, pair of shorts/dress for me, vest top or t shirt, flip flops and an item of swimwear each. I also put a clean change of clothes in our hand luggage bags, this year with all the issues I’m going to take an extra set of clothes just incase.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Much like NewtoOrlando but I put in a couple of laundry pods so I can at least wash what we have
I don’t pack sleep wear I’d rather have an extra outfit and sleep in the tee shirt I traveled. In if need be but we rarely go out after travelling long haul the evening we arrive it’s usually a swim a pool side shower something to eat and bed
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

Are those miniature toiletries you see the right size for hand luggage ?
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List