Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 31 May 22, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
FictionChris
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Any tips for travelling back with Light Sabres?

Looking to pick up some goodies from Galaxys Edge, Probably Sabre hilts and the blades, wondering how others got their blades back home?

Fit them in case that was checked in or too through as hand luggage?

Think a 31" would just about fit in my current case but looking for advice.
FictionChris is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
maddo11
slightly serious Dibber

maddo11's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
yeah, dont open it on the flight and show anyone want their go

joking aside, we got ours on as hand luggage
maddo11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BebeYorkshire
Apprentice Imagineer

OH just carried his on as hand luggage. One of the flight crew put it in the galley kitchen bit and gave it him back as we left the plane.
BebeYorkshire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
spitspot
Excited about Disney

My husband just brought 3 back. Only 1 blade but carried all through as hand luggage no issues
spitspot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 22, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Louck
Apprentice Imagineer

We brought three hilts and two blades back.
Our Savii Saber we kept the hilt and blade attached. We had it inside the premium lightsaber bag and just carried it on our BA flight as our personal baggage.

The other two hilts were in cabin bags (they have to be due to batteries) and the smaller blade was inside the free savii lightsaber bag which was partially folded and inside our large hold suitcase.

We did get stopped in Heathrow going through security for our connecting flight and I had to take it out, turn it on, give it a wave and let security management have a shot! Apparently it was the first one he’d seen. Once he had a go he let us go on our way and no one commented on the London to Glasgow flight.

On both flights DS had the window seat and had the saber propped up between the seat and cabin wall so not in the way.
Louck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 22, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
firedance
Excited about Disney

Could you use one of the swim noodle things to put the sabre inside to protect it, definitely put in as hand luggage and NOT in the suitcase.
firedance is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hangfire
Getting Excited

I flew back with BA and I removed the blade but kept it in the carry case, it did fit in the over head storage ok and I popped the hilt/handle in my hand luggage. No issues with carrying on-board as hand luggage. Though if I'd had kept it fully assembled it would have been too long for the overhead compartments.
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mollybogle
Apprentice Imagineer

I flew back with virgin. Carried it in the carry case through security then I put the hilt in my hand luggage and put the blade in carry case in the overhead locker
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
TUI actually asked at checkin we had a light sabre, and when we asked why said they had to go in the hold. That was on the Dreamliner, MLB to MAN, Sunday 19/6.