Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 22, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by MissBianca View Post
It was 6 years ago, I've checked my photos and looks like we stayed at Pismo for a late lunch the following day before travelling to LA but still arrived early evening. So if you left earlier you should still make the tour.
That’s great, thanks!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We have been to both. We drove from San Fran to Pismo - was a mistake as missed a couple of lovely places to stop on way down (complete novices). At Pismo we stayed in the Seaventure Beach Resort right on the beach and we loved our couple of nights in Pismo - this sunset will stay with me forever (details in trip report) - we drove to Las Vegas from Pismo.

The next year we visited Solvang on a day trip drive from Santa Barbara (drove up to there from LA - then across to Palm Springs - again details in trip report linked in signature.

Depends what you like really - beach then it's Pismo - a lovely unusual town with great cafes, some nice shops and some nice wine tasting places - Solvang - we loved both.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

If looking at a stop in the Pismo Beach area, don’t forget the incredibly kitsch and pink, Madonna Inn.. or Apple Tree Farm, both just behind Pismo in San Luis Obispo.

I can say with absolute certainty that you will never, ever forget a night in the Madonna Inn!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

I can’t comment on Solvang, but we drove down to Pismo from Monterey on our trip and it was one of the best nights of the trip.
We stayed at The Seaventure which was great. We sat on the pier watching the surfers as the sunset. I have the photo framed on my wall, it was a stunning night.
Old 23 Jun 22, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed in Pismo Beach and loved it. Did a stop off in Solvang and said if we go back, we’d do an overnight there. Both beautiful
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I can’t comment on Solvang, but we drove down to Pismo from Monterey on our trip and it was one of the best nights of the trip.
We stayed at The Seaventure which was great. We sat on the pier watching the surfers as the sunset. I have the photo framed on my wall, it was a stunning night.
We leave LA and are staying two nights at the sea venture in Pismo before making our way to Monterey. We are hoping to do a detour via Solvang on the way.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi approx 3.5 hours drive. The thing is there is so much to see that you will easily expand that to 6 hours. We actually did Santa Barbara to Monterey.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Whilst I didn't think much to Pismo Beach itself the hotel we used was great, we were at Inn on The Pier
Old 25 Jun 22, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed at a hotel near San Luis Obispo. Visited Pismo Beach which was hidden by fog! But fog had been an issue the whole drive down the coast from Monterey.
Old 2 Jul 22, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed in a seafront hotel at Cambria over night on the way from Monterey to Los Angeles.

We saw the most incredible sunset over the sea that I have ever seen.

I would recommend considering Cambria.
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List