Notices

Old 24 Jun 22, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Oh Emma, we just find that as we normally go in the summer and it is usually a million degrees and the parks are super busy, we like to know that at some point during the day we are going to sit down in the air-conditioning and hopefully have a lovely meal.

I have found it a bit more stressful than usual as I know that we will do our genie + planning early in the morning (stacking rides if I can manage to figure it out!) but then avoiding our reservation times is going to be the tricky bit. 😬 the nice thing is that we will finally be on holidays and I’m not going to let myself get stressed about the little things. Bring on the chicken tenders 💝😘😆
You are most definitely correct Michelle, just being there is going to be the highlight 🤗
And remember I also l love a chicken tender photo 😋
😘xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

All your meal choices look amazing Michelle!
That Ooey Gooey Toffee cake has my name on it, it’s massive though 🥴
I’m so excited you can meet me for drinks in DS, bring on the cocktails 😆

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Having a catch up, looks like all things are going to plan…..wonder if the worms will last
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
All your meal choices look amazing Michelle!
That Ooey Gooey Toffee cake has my name on it, it’s massive though 🥴
I’m so excited you can meet me for drinks in DS, bring on the cocktails 😆
Thanks Alicia! That ooey gooey toffee cake is served family style, so should be enough for 4 people. 😋 however if I remember correctly Adam would have happily tried to finish it on his own. 😂
It will be brilliant to catch up at DS! I can’t wait. 🍾🥂🎉🍸🥳🤩🥨🧉🍹💖
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Having a catch up, looks like all things are going to plan…..wonder if the worms will last
Yes, we are getting there slowly but surely, I have forgotten where I hid the jelly snakes 😂 I’ll probably find them when we get back from our trip. 🙄🤣 xx
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Yes, we are getting there slowly but surely, I have forgotten where I hid the jelly snakes 😂 I’ll probably find them when we get back from our trip. 🙄🤣 xx
Maybe check Coopers room 😉 xx
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Maybe check Coopers room 😉 xx
Emma, good idea! If Cooper took them I would only find the wrapper! 🤣 Adam would hide all evidence 😉💖
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
I think Adam and I need a new hobby until we go, we just can’t seem to stop tweaking our trip! We had a conversation about the ADR’s I made and he was genuinely surprised that I hadn’t booked Chef Art’s Homecomin’ - I thought he would be happy with Polite Pig (apparently not!). So I have had a quick re-jig and got a reservation for Homecomin’. He said he has a hankering for the Old Fashioned cocktail and the thigh high cheddar biscuits.

We are going to try and pop to Polite Pig whilst we are staying at the Waldorf as we don’t have anything planned for whilst we are there except Bull and Bear.

I have also moved our Sanaa reservation and have cancelled our Tusker House reservation ( I would really like Yak and Yeti but I just can’t seem to snag a booking) and we are just going to wing it! 😆

I have also picked up a few more bits for our trip. A very clever poster (sorry I can’t remember who) suggested the disposable slippers for the hotel rooms, so I have purchased some for the three of us.

We have some Apple Air Tags that the boys used on their last trip, which were fab but we lost one (which we then found) because Adam hid it very carefully in a pair of socks and then forgot where he put it. 😂 Turns out they do special cases that can clip to the inside of you case. This might save us some time when we unpack the suitcases when we get home this time. 😉

We also have three nights at Naples at the beginning of our trip so I have purchased a sun shade for Adam (has has previously had a melanoma cut out and we are super cautious about how much time he has in the sun) we tried it out in the back garden and it is fab! Super easy to pop up and slightly trickier to put away but it is light and will mean that we can all have time at the beach without worrying as much. It is also lightweight and fits easily into our luggage.

Cooper and I are off to London at the end of this week to catch up with my dearest GF’s and we are really looking forward to it! Xx

Edited at 09:15 PM.
Old 7 Jul 22, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
With 4 weeks to go and only 1 day of school left for Cooper, it is starting to feel like we really are going on holidays! However this is the part where I start to panic that something will go wrong. We caught up with our friends in London at the end of last week and it was great but tiring- imagine 6 women (aged between 50 and 6) and Cooper, at some points it was like herding cats. 🤣 Thankfully we are going back to Australia for Summer next year so we will have plenty of time to catch up with them properly.

I managed to take a tumble (imagine a total faceplant) when I was out walking Milo on Sunday, thankfully I was wearing leggings as I grazed both my knees and the palms of my hands. It wasn’t my most graceful moment!

Then on Tuesday morning I heard Cooper land at the bottom of the stairs. He had managed to miss the last 6 steps and landed on his back on the last step. He was ok but I thought he had properly injured himself.

My heart just can’t take any more mishaps, so I may go for the bubble wrap option.

I am still finalising plans and have tried to speak with Cooper about it, he is totally not interested but hopefully once we are there he might find some enthusiasm!

I am still a bit concerned about early morning planning with genie + as we will be visiting Disney at the very end of our trip and Cooper is a total sloth currently. At least all the hotels we are staying in have bars, I have been assured by Wiggysmum (Emma) and Rescuer that it’s ok to let the teens have some sleep in time and we can go have a cocktail! I checked with Cooper and he said he is totally fine with that, which is great for all of us!

Edited at 07:24 PM.
Old 7 Jul 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Yes, I'm planning on doing this too! Thank goodness there are cocktails a plenty! Cooper sounds like he's just about ready for a long summers nap...I mean...busy Florida vacation! Honestly, you'd think our kids would have some get up and go, but they really don't seem to. I'm barely getting 5 hours sleep a night at the mo, so busy and I still have 2 more weeks of school, but I can't wait for Florida. Kate is averaging 14 hours sleep at the weekend. How? I don't get it.

Seriously, I bet you have a blast. Fingers crossed you all stay injury free. I hope you're not too sore after your tumble, and Cooper too.

We never did manage to organise a wine and planning session, did we? That's a shame, real life seemed to get in the way. You're inside a month now on your countdown, not long to go. Have fun doing your last minute prep.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List