Notices

Old 15 Jun 21, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

So our flights are now released and we were originally on a 1pm flight but Virgin have changed the schedules so we are now on a 11:20 flight meaning we get into MCO at 16:15 which works out so much better. Won't be rushing to get to the hotel and then eat and sleep.

We can probably sneak in the trip to Planet Hollywood at Disney Springs to collect our magic bands and maybe eat there on our first night? Was also hoping for a Walmart trip too!

329 days to go
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

All sounds great. What a bonus getting the earlier flight. Xx
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

]So out of curiosity I contacted Virgin to see if they could give me my booking reference number as TA said it would be 6 months before.

Well they only gave it me!

We are on the 9.20 flight! I'm so happy, makes things so much easier on the other side! Hubby however is not impressed with such an early get up!

Seats are chosen and we have the back three rows of 2. I prefer the back as a nervous flyer and figured we could recline without upsetting anybody.

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We love the earlier flight it means when you arrive you have time to settle in and even enjoy a little trip somewhere before bed! Great planning look forward to reading more!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Just booked the airport lounge and parking. We were going to get a return taxi but I found a great link through money saving expert (moneysavingexpert/redir/026d738a) that made parking £90 for the drop and go so we've booked that twice to be able to take both cars. I feel better having the cars at the airport anyway after previously having our house broken into and hubbys car was stolen.

All we have left to pay off now is the balance on the holiday (£3945) and the balance on discovery cove tickets (£730), both of these are due Feb/March time next year. We've also got spends to save, hoping we will have around £3500 to convert to dollars.

The final thing I've still not booked is Travel Insurance. I've found a really good policy for around £390 for all 6 of us (including pre existing conditions for 2 people) but if we book when the US is on the amber list, and they were to go green then amber again, we wouldn't be covered. With that in mind, I am going to wait until they go on the green list to book the travel insurance, because I am certain they will before next May!

Old 26 Jun 21, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrstenberge
Excited about Disney

Great planning so far Charlotte, I love a spreadsheet, must make a start on mine this week! Looking forward to following along with you, we fly out the week before you.
Mrstenberge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Travel Insurance is now sorted! 10 months tomorrow

Old 26 Jul 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
pixiedust1973
Proud to wear my Ears

We are on your flight from Manchester on the 10th, we have just recently changed from this September to May, never been May before so really looking forward to it.
pixiedust1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pixiedust1973 View Post
We are on your flight from Manchester on the 10th, we have just recently changed from this September to May, never been May before so really looking forward to it.
How exciting, but sorry you had to move your holiday. Hopefully we'll see plenty of people fly before us in good time. We were moved to the 9:20 one, is that the one you are on? We are in rows 48, 49 and 50 right at the back.

Old 26 Jul 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
pixiedust1973
Proud to wear my Ears

Yes we are the 9.20 flight too, rows 38-40, myself and husband, two grown up daughters (21,23) and there boyfriends.
Was disappointing having to move the holiday but fingers crossed things will settle down before May
pixiedust1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List