Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 May 22, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

This is just an update for anyone that is still trying to do this. I had so many problems last year that I ended up converting the money back to pounds. This year I decided to try again but have not tried to purchase for anything higher than $100.

Although larger amounts have worked for me and others in the past, increasing the amount can sometimes trigger the system into sending the email checks through which then ends up with the money being held until it is refunded.

By only purchasing $100 gift cards at a time I have so far paid off $1500 of my dues in the last month. The wait from purchase until receipt of the card number has been anything from 40 minutes to 4 days. I even managed to purchase 4 in a day a few days ago.

I'm not sure if people would have more success if they started with a higher figure and continued at that value, but I do know that gradually increasing a payment amount to see how much they can get away with is a technique that some fraudsters use.

Hope this helps.
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 22, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Where else can I use an edisney gift card? I know I can use it for dues, but could I use it to pay my resort balance for example?
Old 11 Oct 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
Where else can I use an edisney gift card? I know I can use it for dues, but could I use it to pay my resort balance for example?
Yes, you can use it to pay your resort balance and practically all things Disney including the tip for table service meals, in fact the Disney Gift Card (Plastic and eGift) can be used for purchases at participating locations such as:

Walt Disney World® Resort
Disneyland Resort
shopDisney.com
Disney Cruise Line
Disney store locations in the US
Aulani, Disney Resort & Spa
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Adventures by Disney
Disney on Broadway.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
I’ve been having terrible trouble buying e-gift cards on Disney with PayPal, it’s just not working.. I’m using the accurate mail address for a Disney resort but still no joy…
Any other ideas?
Old 13 Oct 22, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodlez
Very Serious Dibber

At what stage are you having problems? Are you getting an error message or are you just not receiving the cards?
Noodlez is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
patpluto
VIP Dibber

For a while my Disney gift cards were going through ok but now they’ve stopped authorising them again 😩 it’s so hit and miss
patpluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 22, 04:46 AM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
It looks like it’s gone through and then the order gets cancelled, Disney are saying it’s linked to the bank-Paypal……
Don’t know what to do now
Old 14 Oct 22, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
It looks like it’s gone through and then the order gets cancelled, Disney are saying it’s linked to the bank-Paypal……
Don’t know what to do now
Sorry that you're having problems, after reading your post we tried buying a $25 egift card at 9.40 this morning and received the gift card at 21.40, so still working for us.

We used the OKW address and our home phone number but only click on the Guest Checkout rather than the Sign In & Checkout. So if not already done so try both options.

Apart from making sure you've set your Paypal US Dollar account as Primary check out this PP help guide. paypal/uk/smarthelp/...chAutoComplete
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 22, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We seem to be managing it , so far anyway. We’ve rented 2 lots of points and the money has gone into PayPal which is set to $ default currency. We’ve bought a $25 gift card, then a $100 and we’ve just received a $500, although that has taken a couple of days to arrive. I think we’ll try a $250 next. Might take a while to pay all our dues but if it saves us exchange fees twice I can live with that😉
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 22, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Its very hit and miss, just remember if it does get flagged, it takes a full month for the paypal hold to come off so you wont have access to those funds during that time.

I think its best to stick to lower amounts.