Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 22, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

If anyone wants a last minute May holiday. Tui flights London Gatwick to Melbourne airport Friday 27th May-Tuesday 2nd June £770 for 2 adults and 2 children. Would love to be able to snap up this bargain but I'm working. Hope someone gets a lovely last minute trip.

Edited at 07:31 PM.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
From Manchester

17th July to 31st July direct with Aer Lingus £745 including seat and baggage - Adult price quoted

5th August to 19th August direct with Aer Lingus £808 including seat and baggage Adult price quoted
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jojj
Disney Mad Scrapbooker!

Finally booked my August flights today, thanks to a post I saw on here yesterday with Ryan Air and Fly Norse

Via Oslo - booked 2 separate flights

Came to £2081.34 in total for 3 adults and 2 children!

Aug 14 - 30th Aug Stansted - Oslo return ryan air £330.86
Aug 15 - 19 oslo - orlando £1750.81

Paid extra an £188 for a hotel in Oslo on the 14th for the 5 of us
(Price includes paying for 2 x 23 kg suitcases )
( no meals or seat selections to save money so will take snacks and have a large breakfast before we go )

Works out about £417 pp! plus oslo flight times are great and will arrive in MCO at about 3.30pm, and a mini trip to Norway

then in addition a hotel in Oslo over night on Sunday the 14th will be £188 for the 5 of us!

Saved over £1000 as indirect flights flight for our dates have been roughly £580 - £600 pp , with no luggage!

Hope this helps

WDW -97, 05, 06, 2009/2010, 2011
DLC - 1998
DLP -17 Times
jojj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

So we got a spot of lucky yesterday plus what I can only describe as excellent customer service from Virgin Atlantic.

We bit the bullet and booked indirect flights with Virgin around a month ago £667pp inc luggage and seats, via Minneapolis going out and Detroit on return. The layover and flight times were good. I wasn’t happy at spending £3500 for 5 of us but accepted it.

Well yesterday Delta (our Virgin flights were with Delta) changed their flight schedule and altered our connecting flight time from MPS to MCO without telling us. We would miss this flight as it departed before our flight landed.

Called Virgin and they apologised and moved us to direct Virgin flights both ways free of charge. I was stunned. Have not seen any direct flights under £800pp our whole time searching. There flights would have cost us £8500.

Happy is an understatement! Well done and thank you Virgin.👏🎉
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
So we got a spot of lucky yesterday plus what I can only describe as excellent customer service from Virgin Atlantic.

We bit the bullet and booked indirect flights with Virgin around a month ago £667pp inc luggage and seats, via Minneapolis going out and Detroit on return. The layover and flight times were good. I wasn’t happy at spending £3500 for 5 of us but accepted it.

Well yesterday Delta (our Virgin flights were with Delta) changed their flight schedule and altered our connecting flight time from MPS to MCO without telling us. We would miss this flight as it departed before our flight landed.

Called Virgin and they apologised and moved us to direct Virgin flights both ways free of charge. I was stunned. Have not seen any direct flights under £800pp our whole time searching. There flights would have cost us £8500.

Happy is an understatement! Well done and thank you Virgin.👏🎉
I would hardly look to thank them. They were up against a wall. If you had refused, then they would have had to refund you. I appreciate that you may not have a credit note, but many thousands do!

It is Virgin that are putting out crazy flight prices on the Orlando route in order to devalue the thousands upon thousands of credit notes that they issued to customers who took them in good faith when they could have absolutely insisted on a refund (or gone down the S75 Credit card consumer protection route). Holidaymakers now want to use them on what is pretty much exclusively a tourist route and who are acutely aware of the expiry dates.
Airlines such as BA are simply pricing a few hundred below Virgin on the Florida routes in order to take advantage of the situation and those who are not tied to Virgin.
Example..
Virgin £1300 minus the credit note of £600 (average pre covid cost of ticket), equals £700 pp to fly to Orlando.
BA £900 pp.
If you had a credit note with an expiry date, you would still fly Virgin and they would have affectively reduced your credit note to worthless.

At Easter this year, I flew into Toronto and home from Miami at around £500 inc hold luggage.
I am flying to the West Coast and back, direct in Oct. My tickets are at pre covid levels as are tickets to most N American destinations. Into SFO and out of San Diego at half term was £500.
Next Easter Hols, I am flying direct into Vancouver and home direct from San Diego. Coach was £430 (hand baggage only). This is just part of a vacation as, after 3 nights in Vancouver, we are flying to Honolulu for 10.. and then having 2 nights in Seattle on the way back. The Vancouver-Hon and Hon- Seattle are coming in at £378.
Virgin seem competitive on most mixed US routes they fly.. but not to Florida!

I am certainly very pleased for you, but I certainly would not be thanking Virgin for flying you at what is merely an average, pre covid price.

Clearly the aircraft is not yet full.. due to the prices that they are asking.

Another poster came up with a great idea a few days back for those in the credit note quandary.. spend them on park tickets and then use cash to fly with whoever offers the best deal.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:59 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I would hardly look to thank them. They were up against a wall. If you had refused, then they would have had to refund you. I appreciate that you may not have a credit note, but many thousands do!

It is Virgin that are putting out crazy flight prices on the Orlando route in order to devalue the thousands upon thousands of credit notes that they issued to customers who took them in good faith when they could have absolutely insisted on a refund (or gone down the S75 Credit card consumer protection route). Holidaymakers now want to use them on what is pretty much exclusively a tourist route and who are acutely aware of the expiry dates.
Airlines such as BA are simply pricing a few hundred below Virgin on the Florida routes in order to take advantage of the situation and those who are not tied to Virgin.
Example..
Virgin £1300 minus the credit note of £600 (average pre covid cost of ticket), equals £700 pp to fly to Orlando.
BA £900 pp.
If you had a credit note with an expiry date, you would still fly Virgin and they would have affectively reduced your credit note to worthless.

At Easter this year, I flew into Toronto and home from Miami at around £500 inc hold luggage.
I am flying to the West Coast and back, direct in Oct. My tickets are at pre covid levels as are tickets to most N American destinations. Into SFO and out of San Diego at half term was £500.
Next Easter Hols, I am flying direct into Vancouver and home direct from San Diego. Coach was £495.
Virgin seem competitive on most mixed US routes they fly.. but not to Florida!

I am certainly very pleased for you, but I certainly would not be thanking Virgin for flying you at what is merely an average, pre covid price.

Clearly the aircraft is not yet full.. due to the prices that they are asking.

Another poster came up with a great idea a few days back for those in the credit note quandary.. spend them on park tickets and then use cash to fly with whoever offers the best deal.
I hadn’t thought about it that way, probably as I don’t have a credit note. I agree though. I think the prices are ridiculous but overall happy with £670pp direct.

Will definitely look at some of the routes you’ve suggested next year though.
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
I hadn’t thought about it that way, probably as I don’t have a credit note. I agree though. I think the prices are ridiculous but overall happy with £670pp direct.

Will definitely look at some of the routes you’ve suggested next year though.
I would be very happy indeed with £670pp direct in these present times!

My post was about Virgin in a wider context. You got you great price by their (or Deltas) default.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Sunday 17th July direct with TUI for 14 nights flying from Manchester.

£408pp flight only (bags + seats extra)

Edited at 06:27 PM.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 22, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
TUI also have June and early July flights priced from £178
Old 3 Jul 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
just booked for august with first choice - £698 for 1 week flying from doncaster staying in Rosen Inn LBV :-D
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List