Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Nov 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lost-Princess
Trying for More Ears

Japan flights

Hi everyone!

We are planning a 2022 Japan trip. Here is my itinerary:

Day 1 - Fly (to Osaka)
Day 2 Arrive - Osaka hotel
Day 3 Osaka
Day 4 Universal
Day 5 Universal
Day 6 Hiroshima
Day 7 Hiroshima
Day 8 Kyoto
Day 9 Kyoto
Day 10 Kyoto
Day 11 Tokyo
Day 12 Disney
Day 13 Disney
Day 14 Disney
Day 15 Disney
Day 16 Fly (from Tokyo)
Day 17 - Arrive home

We are planning to go August-September 2022. There are flights on skyscanner now for £600pp. They are with Emirates, from/to Gatwick, with a 2hr25 layover in Dubai on the way out, and a 4hr layover in Dubai on the return.

For Florida I would usually wait until 9 months before the trip to book flights so it generally feels a bit early to do this but I wondered it this seemed right in terms of price and if anyone has any experience with Emirates/ layovers in Dubai?

Thanks in advance!
Lost-Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We have flown with Emirates with a stopover. I thought Emirates were great - best airline I have flown with. Our stopover had a hotel overnight stay included but Dubai airport is large with plenty to see.

As we are not allowed into Japan yet I would double check their cancellation policy though.

We were in Japan in 2019 and loved it.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lost-Princess
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
We have flown with Emirates with a stopover. I thought Emirates were great - best airline I have flown with. Our stopover had a hotel overnight stay included but Dubai airport is large with plenty to see.

As we are not allowed into Japan yet I would double check their cancellation policy though.

We were in Japan in 2019 and loved it.
Thank you! That's really great to hear. Yes, I'm definitely wary of booking anything that's not refundable / exchangeable right now! I'm sure it's going to be an exhausting trip looking over the plans but it's definitely going to be one to remember
Lost-Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lost-Princess View Post
Thank you! That's really great to hear. Yes, I'm definitely wary of booking anything that's not refundable / exchangeable right now! I'm sure it's going to be an exhausting trip looking over the plans but it's definitely going to be one to remember
I forgot to add we flew with Emirates to Singapore and Hong Kong not Japan.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Never used the airline but hear very good things them.

That time of year weather wise:

July and August are very hot and humid, but also lively with lots of festivals. Mid to late September can be nice (if hot), with fewer tourists than summer or fall. October and November have very pleasant autumn weather, but also crowds rivaling spring (especially for the fall foliage in November).

Would love to hear your plans for the nine Disney / Universal days :-))
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lost-Princess
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Never used the airline but hear very good things them.

That time of year weather wise:

July and August are very hot and humid, but also lively with lots of festivals. Mid to late September can be nice (if hot), with fewer tourists than summer or fall. October and November have very pleasant autumn weather, but also crowds rivaling spring (especially for the fall foliage in November).

Would love to hear your plans for the nine Disney / Universal days :-))
Thank you! We are bound to university holidays so can't change the dates.

I wasnt planning on really making a plan for the park days to be honest! I'd like to be able to go with the flow. It's 2 universal days and 4 disney days we have planned which I think gives us some time to be flexible.
Old 22 Nov 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

It as meant to say NONE not nine, theme park days lol - my bad!

Thought about hotels for theme parks yet?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Emirates is a fantastic airline. Even in economy, I've gotten better service than I have in business on British carriers. It's in my top two - the other being Singapore Airlines, if you were curious. Specifically for ex-London flights, I might even put them in first place since I can depart from Gatwick which is a significant advantage for me.

Dubai layover was fine, although mine was quite short. Basically just reclear security and then back on the plane.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

make sure your flights are refundable. There is still no hint of when the borders will open for tourists.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List