Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 19 Dec 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Turkey

I haven’t pre-ordered my turkey for Christmas and am now trying to work out where best to buy one!

There are only 3 meat eaters in the house as DD is vegetarian.

DH and DS like dark meat so we usually get a full bird with separate stuffing but I fancy something different this year! I’ve seen a crown with separate thighs but don’t know if I’m better off buying my usual?

Criteria is good quality, at least free range if not organic but don’t want to pay the earth for one!

Please share what you have bought/plan to buy and why 😁
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

we have a goose - frozen from lidl. Have had it the last 3 years and really like it. I don't like Turkey that much - if it was up to me i'd have stuffing and pigs in blankets
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We get a large, full bird from a local farm. Usually just for the 3 of us but it makes so many meals so nothing gets wasted

Edited at 03:38 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

We’ve got ours from M&S, it was pricey (£50) for a large turkey crown but both Lidl and Tesco only had fresh ones with a Dec 26th date which put me off a bit. They had lots of whole turkeys too. I do think you can taste the quality from M&S.
I always cook fresh meat, I just don’t trust having to defrost a frozen bird for circa 48 hours I know I’m a bit strange lol 😂
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Dec 21, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Not a lover of Christmas chicken (Aka Turkey). Not fussed on it on Xmas day, even less so on Boxing Day.

Much prefer a big Chicken together with Pork or Gammon on Xmas Day., then left overs on Boxing Day.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Dec 21, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I must admit when my sister and family told me they were off to Canada for Christmas this year I just nipped to Waitrose and bought two medium frozen turkeys. I will cook one Christmas Eve just to have cold Christmas Day and Boxing Day and the other one will be cooked for Christmas lunch. There are only 4 adults and two small children and we aren’t fussy so that will suffice. I’ve got some gammon too but I’m the only one that eats it.
It’s much more low key if the entire gang aren’t together.
Old 21 Dec 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

Got a frozen one from Aldi last Thursday. They had loads of choice. Only DH eating it in our family ( plus brother and dad on Christmas day ) but DH will eat it all day, every day , he loves it
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDante
Trainee Dibber

Don't plan to buy one. Hopefully, that means one less turkey gets bred into existence and killed just for our taste pleasure next year.
DisneyDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDante View Post
Don't plan to buy one. Hopefully, that means one less turkey gets bred into existence and killed just for our taste pleasure next year.
It's a Christmas thread about having a turkey dinner,do you always feel the need to post about the fact that you don't do meat in every thread.😳🦃
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

There were loads of fresh turkeys in M and S on Monday. I was surprised to be honest. I believe (hope) my daughter in law has ordered ours from some farmy type place.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List