Notices

Old 20 Jun 22, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Oh Abby I’m cracking up at Max 😂
As long as he’s got the Uber Eats app then I’m sure he’ll be fine 🤣
Sam is pretty good in the kitchen but that’s about it as far as it goes on the domestic front!
I’m going to be making a list as long as my arm for the pair of them for when they’re on their own for the last week. Thankfully Hope is Miss Sensible but I’m hoping they just keep themselves and the dog alive and the house is still standing and I’ll be happy!

Your ADR options sound fabulous, it’s always good to have a plan and like you say, can always tweak it nearer to the time. I’m very jealous of your Boardwalk stay, one of my favourite areas of Disney! I’m hoping we find the time to visit as I NEED one of the Ample Hill ice creams 🤣

Do you think I should make some reservations at the offsite restaurants? You’ve got me thinking now about it being really busy?!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh Abby I’m cracking up at Max 😂
As long as he’s got the Uber Eats app then I’m sure he’ll be fine 🤣
Sam is pretty good in the kitchen but that’s about it as far as it goes on the domestic front!
I’m going to be making a list as long as my arm for the pair of them for when they’re on their own for the last week. Thankfully Hope is Miss Sensible but I’m hoping they just keep themselves and the dog alive and the house is still standing and I’ll be happy!

Your ADR options sound fabulous, it’s always good to have a plan and like you say, can always tweak it nearer to the time. I’m very jealous of your Boardwalk stay, one of my favourite areas of Disney! I’m hoping we find the time to visit as I NEED one of the Ample Hill ice creams 🤣

Do you think I should make some reservations at the offsite restaurants? You’ve got me thinking now about it being really busy?!
We bought some tinned meatballs and tinned macaroni cheese for him to try this week as lunches. It turned out he quite liked them, it seems quick and easy wins out over taste and these didn't need to be defrosted and only a few minutes in the microwave. He asked if he could put the tin straight in the microwave to heat it up ... But he was joking as he does know metal can't go in there

Erm I've got to break it to you that Ample Hills has closed down sorry about that I agree with you their ice cream was fab, but I'm afraid you won't be eating it at the Boardwalk this summer. Maybe try one of the brioche toasted ice cream sandwiches from France in Epcot, L'Artisans de Glace. They look delicious.

I've only made a couple of reservations at Citywalk. To be honest for us being just 3 of us in not fussed...But if you are all going to want to eat out together then maybe it is a good idea as there are a lot of you and obviously less chance of getting a walk up that can squeeze in so many people.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 07:38 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Catching up on the latest plans I think I read the word rest day so I’m feeling a bit concerned your not taking this holiday seriously

the photos of Max, so cute-it feels strange you will be a party of 3 perhaps you can get him to send photos of his meals to add to the report. Having a giggle at his culinary training I really need to start with Eve she would die of starvation if she had to fend for herself
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Catching up on the latest plans I think I read the word rest day so I’m feeling a bit concerned your not taking this holiday seriously

the photos of Max, so cute-it feels strange you will be a party of 3 perhaps you can get him to send photos of his meals to add to the report. Having a giggle at his culinary training I really need to start with Eve she would die of starvation if she had to fend for herself
Ha ha, yes 😄 I can see why you would think there has been some alien style body swap going on. Kate is not into early starts at all, whereas Dave is up at 6am even at the weekends. So I'm trying to find a balance between them both. At least we will have the balcony as he recalls early mornings at OKW and sitting on the balcony looking over the river while the rest of us are snoring away.

Poor Max has now suffered heartache as his girlfriend has broken up with him. They have been seeing each other since Christmas and I think he was looking forward to the idea of playing house while we were on holiday. I'm sad for him as he really did seem to care for her a great deal.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Just been catching up on the latest updates Abby. As you know, we stay offsite so I'm no expert at all on Disney on-site restaurants. However, it looks like a great list you've put together, with different styles and cuisines for variety. I'll be reading along as always, in the hope that one day I get to plan an on-site stay.

Aw, little Max! Don't they grow up quickly? I can't believe he's left school now. I hope he has a great summer and manages to feed himself successfully while you're away!

Not long to go now, less than a month for you - how exciting. Have you packed yet?

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Just been catching up on the latest updates Abby. As you know, we stay offsite so I'm no expert at all on Disney on-site restaurants. However, it looks like a great list you've put together, with different styles and cuisines for variety. I'll be reading along as always, in the hope that one day I get to plan an on-site stay.

Aw, little Max! Don't they grow up quickly? I can't believe he's left school now. I hope he has a great summer and manages to feed himself successfully while you're away!

Not long to go now, less than a month for you - how exciting. Have you packed yet?
I bet the restaurants I've booked end up getting changed when we are on the trip, but that's part of the fun anyway!

I can't believe Max has left school either, there's no way I'm old enough for that

I have most definitely not packed, I keep looking at all my clothes and trying to narrow down the options. Whereas Kate has the opposite problem as she's struggling to find things she likes in the shops. We went again this weekend and all she got was underwear she really needs to get her holiday game together.

Old 28 Jun 22, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Poor Max. Romances are a tricky thing at that age.

Sounds like your plans are going well. You’ll be streamline packing in no time, I’m feeling very jealous of that skill at this moment.

Maybe this is a Florida shopping year for Kate and she’ll find some nice things over there.
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Poor Max. Romances are a tricky thing at that age.

Sounds like your plans are going well. You’ll be streamline packing in no time, I’m feeling very jealous of that skill at this moment.

Maybe this is a Florida shopping year for Kate and she’ll find some nice things over there.
They really are a minefield, very difficult to navigate. Still, he's still young and I kind of hope he has fun and doesn't tie himself down.

I sort of think the Florida shopping is what Kate is angling for, but then she's not a big shopper at home.

These two tiny piles of some shorts and t shirts are all she wants to take she says her other clothes aren't really her style anymore and when we go shopping there's nothing she likes. So, it's about 4 pairs of denim shorts, a playsuits and about 6 t shirts! Argh we're barely going to need carry on at this rate, let alone hold luggage!

You're getting super close to your trip. Just a couple more days of school for you now, I hope you have a wonderful time. I can't wait to read all about it.

Old 30 Jun 22, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Mini Update

I keep meaning to come on and post our daily plans, but then real life gets in the way.

It's less than a month until we fly and tomorrow I'll be able to say "we go to Florida this month" 😃 I cannot believe it has finally come around after so many canceled trips.

It does seem as if one member of the household has woken up, smelt the coffee and realised its not long until we go away...Dave! He has started to buy bits and bobs for the holiday.

Now these bits and bobs come under the category of 'never ever would I buy it if I wasn't going to Florida' 🤣

For example today we had an amazon delivery of these...

Nope I'd never heard of them either. He said that he discovered them while browsing.

They look like extra strong mints, but I would not recommend eating them.

They are tiny little cooling towels that you can carry around in your park bag. When you're feeling hot and sticky or if you've had an ice cream and got it over your hands then all you do is wet one of them and voila!

A handy wet wipe flannel 😉

Of all the completely useless things he could find and purchase! He tells me they were a bargain as the whole bag cost £9 and there's 100 in the bag. We'll technically there's only 99 now as we had to test one earlier so I could show you guys!

Right I promise to do some daily plans at the weekend. Eek 3 weeks of school to go and then we are off!

I cannot wait.

Old 30 Jun 22, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Mini Update

I keep meaning to come on and post our daily plans, but then real life gets in the way.

It's less than a month until we fly and tomorrow I'll be able to say "we go to Florida this month" 😃 I cannot believe it has finally come around after so many canceled trips.

It does seem as if one member of the household has woken up, smelt the coffee and realised its not long until we go away...Dave! He has started to buy bits and bobs for the holiday.

Now these bits and bobs come under the category of 'never ever would I buy it if I wasn't going to Florida' 🤣

For example today we had an amazon delivery of these...

Nope I'd never heard of them either. He said that he discovered them while browsing.

They look like extra strong mints, but I would not recommend eating them.

They are tiny little cooling towels that you can carry around in your park bag. When you're feeling hot and sticky or if you've had an ice cream and got it over your hands then all you do is wet one of them and voila!

A handy wet wipe flannel 😉

Of all the completely useless things he could find and purchase! He tells me they were a bargain as the whole bag cost £9 and there's 100 in the bag. We'll technically there's only 99 now as we had to test one earlier so I could show you guys!

Right I promise to do some daily plans at the weekend. Eek 3 weeks of school to go and then we are off!

I cannot wait.
Love it - trust a man to find something so random, but it's hinting at enthusiasm for the hols so got to be good! 😄 👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List