Notices

Old 13 Mar 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by stacy87 View Post
Thank you so much! 😊
I did not realise I was there during Rundisney - does that have a big impact on crowd levels? I’m not a runner in the slightest, but I love seeing all the photos from their various runs! 😊
It does get busy - nice to see all the runners in the parks after with all their bling though.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 22, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

**UPDATE**

A short update from me today, as I'm now just 12 days out from my trip! The anxiety over the pre-flight test is starting to overtake the excitement at this stage. I get headaches most days now because of this. I fully understand why some people choose not to go, as this is really stressful, and shouldn't be the way you feel before a trip to Disney - or any trip for that matter. But, it is the way of the world at the moment!

My auntie (who visited us last Monday) tested positive for Covid last Wednesday, and so I have been taking lateral flow tests every single day since then to try and curb my anxiety around that now! I've also been testing my granparents every day (they live with us, and spent the most time with my auntie last week). Thankfully we have all continued to test negative so far, so I am still hopeful that I will be negative for my pre-flight test. The only occasion I need to go out before my trip is the hairdressers this Saturday. Other than that, I am effectively in my own pre-trip lockdown! I'll just keep having a stern talking to my immune system - "come on, we can do this! Just a little bit longer!"

I am mostly packed now, just some things to pack away nearer the time which I can't pack yet - stuff that I need to use until I go, and just a couple of small bits and bobs to purchase too, but I am really organised in that sense anyway
Coronado Springs - May 2024
All Star Movies - Jan 2025
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 22, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I know what you mean, my sister just tested +ve for Covid, doesn't live near me. Also a colleague had Covid about 3 weeks ago after I'd spent 2 days in meetings with him. So far so -ve. I'm not testing everyday - there is no point unless you have symptoms. Unfortunately I'm feeling run down so have to keep reminding myself I don't have symptoms that make sense for Covid. I have hairdressing appt this weekend and nails next weekend - thinking I may wear a mask for those. It is stressful and it doesn't actually help the US to test as it's endemic in the US now.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I know what you mean, my sister just tested +ve for Covid, doesn't live near me. Also a colleague had Covid about 3 weeks ago after I'd spent 2 days in meetings with him. So far so -ve. I'm not testing everyday - there is no point unless you have symptoms. Unfortunately I'm feeling run down so have to keep reminding myself I don't have symptoms that make sense for Covid. I have hairdressing appt this weekend and nails next weekend - thinking I may wear a mask for those. It is stressful and it doesn't actually help the US to test as it's endemic in the US now.
Yes I’ve also felt a little bit run down, but not sick. Also trying to remind myself that it’s not symptoms (it’s likely due to the stress of it all! ). I know that testing every day won’t make any difference as to whether or not I’ll catch it, but for me it just helps ease a little bit of anxiety if I see negative results each day.

Here in Scotland, we’ve still to wear masks for a couple more weeks, so will be wearing mine at the hairdressers this weekend. It’s lovely to get your hair/nails done before a holiday though! 😊
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 22, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

The hair is a little by accident- was supposed to be done in February but the hairdresser had a bad back then when rescheduled I had a cracked windshield so it’s about a month overdue 🙂. Love getting my nails done before a holiday - especially if I can have Disney nails 😍. We don’t have free tests anymore in England - I’m being a little stingy with the ones I have left - not sure if you still get free tests in Scotland?
Old 16 Mar 22, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

The hair is a little by accident- was supposed to be done in February but the hairdresser had a bad back then when rescheduled I had a cracked windshield so it’s about a month overdue 🙂. Love getting my nails done before a holiday - especially if I can have Disney nails 😍. We don’t have free tests anymore in England - I’m being a little stingy with the ones I have left - not sure if you still get free tests in Scotland?
At the moment, yes we still get free tests here in Scotland. I’m not sure how long that will last!

My nails aren’t long enough to have them done for the holiday, but I’d love to get some Disney themed nails for going! That sounds so lovely! 😊
Old 16 Mar 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

My nails from last time - they aren’t long either as they kept snapping, won’t be really long this time either
Old 16 Mar 22, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

My nails from last time - they aren’t long either as they kept snapping, won’t be really long this time either
Ah they are fab! Love those! ❤️
Old 21 Mar 22, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

**UPDATE**

6 days until I test - come on immune system, we can do this! Don’t fail on me now after 2 years!

Just a few things in my to do list for this week, including fill up the petrol tank (not looking forward to that bill!), checking car tyres and topping up the screen wash, finish packing the few little bits left, and of course uploading all my docs on Sunday once my test is done 😊

The excitement is building! I wake every morning and can feel the excitement in my stomach! it’s lovely to be so excited about something again 😊
Old 21 Mar 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I just did a test yesterday - making sure I hadn't picked Covid up being at the hairdressers in Leeds. Still -ve luckily. I'll be glad when this testing goes.