Notices

Old 4 Apr 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

The Daily Plan

Here’s how our trip is looking:

Sat 21st May
We land at 3.30pm and I’m planning on squeezing in a quick trip to Magic Kingdom because the holiday doesn’t start until I see that castle

I’ll try and book some Genie+ rides on the plane but we really just want to soak up the atmosphere rather than achieve much today.

Sun 22nd May
Getting up early to rope drop Hollywood Studios.
I thought we’d start with the toughest park for our first full day. We’ll be aiming for an ILL for ROTR and genie+ Slinky

Heath says he wants to try ToT so we might rope drop that, depending on how successful our phone bashing is at 7am!

We’ve got Oga’s booked for 11.25am. I want to try the totchos at Woody’s lunchbox and the Jack Jack Num Num cookie.

I’m also looking forward to watching the Indiana Jones stunt show as we missed that last time.

Mon 23rd Epcot
It’s time to rope drop Epcot.
Heath adored Ratatouille at DLP so we’ll cough up for that

And Genie+ Test Track

We’ve got lunch booked at Via Napoli.

It’s extra hours for deluxe guests on this night but as we’ll be in rope drop mode, I don’t think we’ll last long enough to do it.

Tues 24th May
We’ll rope drop AK. We’ll be getting ILLs for FoP and genie+ for safari.
I’m keeping everything crossed that Everest has reopened by now, because I love it!

We’ll be heading to Disney Springs for dinner at The Boathouse and a spot of shopping.

Wed 25th May
We’re finally rope dropping Magic Kingdom! This is Mark and Heath’s least favourite park - outrageous.
It’s also late hours at MK tonight…I definitely want to attend, might have a pool break during the day so we’ve got some stamina.

Thurs 26th May
We have an 11.20 Topolino’s Terrace booking - so the plan is to monorail to Epcot, maybe do a few rides…then get the Skyliner (which we haven’t used yet) to the restaurant, before then heading to Hollywood Studios. Hopefully we’ll have a nice stack of Genie+ rides to keep us going.

Fri 27th May
It’s the opening day for the Guardians of the Galaxy ride! We’ll be trying to get on - I’m actually looking forward to the bedlam

We currently have a Homecomin booking for 2pm - I will probably cancel this. There doesn’t seem to be any other availability for our whole holiday! But now I’ve seen they charge $30 for fried chicken and doughnuts, I might not be too sad at missing out.

Sat 28th May
It’s Champions League final day and we’re heading to City Works at Disney Springs for lunch and to hopefully watch the game - Mark and Heath are big football fans.

I’ve booked Animal Kingdom for today - not sure if we’ll go early or late. Think it depends on how we’re feeling on the day.

Sun 29th May
We have a park reservation for Hollywood Studios. I’m thinking we might have a water park morning and stack genie+ for later that evening.

Mon 30th May
Another Epcot day - giving us another chance to get on the Guardians ride!

We’ve got lunch booked at the Space 220 lounge.

Tues 31st May
And Epcot again! I booked this when we didn’t know the exact opening date for GotG. I’ll hang on to it until we’ve be on the ride and will probably then move things about. I love Epcot, but not that much!

Wed 1st June
Currently a Hollywood Studios day with extra evening hours at Magic Kingdom

Thurs 2nd June
Our last full day planning on spending it at Animal Kingdom.

Fri 3rd June
I’d like to squeeze in an early Magic Kingdom trip before heading to the airport.
Our flight is around 5pm so will have to head off after lunch.

And that’s it! It’ll be interesting to see how much it changes once we’re out there. Two weeks doesn’t feel long enough but I know I was exhausted by the end of our last trip! Just can’t wait to be there.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 22, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Gosh how exciting. I was hoping this would open up nicely in time for all the summer trips.

I can't believe how tiny your countdown is looking now. Under 7 weeks is crazy.
Plenty of time for them to test it properly before you get there!

I can’t believe it’s so close either…I feel like these holidays take forever and then suddenly race up on us!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 22, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Just caught up! Such amazing plans. We are there at the same time

You’ve tempted me to perhaps to change a few more days to Epcot days. Although I have to keep reminding myself that Guardians will be of no interest to my kids but I kept on getting swept up in it!

Not long to go now. When do you think you’ll book tests?

I love your festival list, really need to find the time to do similar! Xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 22, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Just caught up! Such amazing plans. We are there at the same time

You’ve tempted me to perhaps to change a few more days to Epcot days. Although I have to keep reminding myself that Guardians will be of no interest to my kids but I kept on getting swept up in it!

Not long to go now. When do you think you’ll book tests?

I love your festival list, really need to find the time to do similar! Xx
Haha, I have absolutely been swept up in the new ride madness! I also thought I’ll probably be able to change our reservations to other parks if we’ve had enough of Epcot so we’ll see how it goes.

With tests, I’m really hoping the US will scrap them but suspect I’m being too optimistic. I know they’re reviewing things on 18th April but people seem to think they’ll just drop masks then, and keep the tests. I think I’ll wait and see what they say at the review and will book straight after that if the tests aren’t dropped then. What are you planning on doing?

I love making lists! It’s all part of the fun isn’t it? I can’t believe how close we’re getting - we’ll be off in no time!
Old 1 May 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

How early is too early to start packing? I think 20 days is the perfect time

Here are our Disney clothes for the trip

Seeing them all laid out has made me very happy!

Also excited to see that the new Magic+ bands should be out by the time we go - hoping for a pretty 50th anniversary one or a castle one. It’s getting so close!
Old 1 May 22, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
How early is too early to start packing? I think 20 days is the perfect time

Here are our Disney clothes for the trip

Seeing them all laid out has made me very happy!

Also excited to see that the new Magic+ bands should be out by the time we go - hoping for a pretty 50th anniversary one or a castle one. It’s getting so close!
That’s a lovely sight!

You can pack whenever you want. I’ve not put our cases away from Feb and every so often I just slide things in.
Old 1 May 22, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
That’s a lovely sight!

You can pack whenever you want. I’ve not put our cases away from Feb and every so often I just slide things in.
Love it - ready to holiday at a minute’s notice! Suppose you have got two to prepare for
Old 7 May 22, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Just two weeks to go!

To celebrate, we treated ourselves to the new Lego Star Wars game on the PS5

Hopefully in two weeks and one day, we’ll be riding Rise of the Resistance for the first time. We’ve got Oga’s Cantina booked for our first full day too - can’t wait!
Old 15 May 22, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Less than a week to go for you. I'm keeping everything crossed for negative test results and that you have a wonderful trip.

I hope the next week isn't too stressful Tara x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 22, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Less than a week to go for you. I'm keeping everything crossed for negative test results and that you have a wonderful trip.

I hope the next week isn't too stressful Tara x
Thank you Abby…I am so stressed! Currently getting over what I hope is just a cold. We have all had covid within 90 days so could get recovery letters if we need to but hopefully all will be fine on Friday.

Can’t believe it’s so close now! Hope all your planning is going well and fingers crossed all this testing stuff will be a distant memory by the time of your trip x