Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Mar 22, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
DocHQ supervised LFT

DocHQ supervised LFT

For those of you who have used this company could anyone advise how it works please ?
Can the supervised/video test be done on an android phone or IPad as we do not have a camera on our ancient PC and do not own a laptop ?

Will we need to download any sort of App? Or do they send a link we can just click on?

We really are the worst technophobes ever and just dreading something going wrong or not being able to connect on the morning of the test !

The closer it gets the more I am stressing ... oh for a return to the good old days of actually enjoying the build up to a holiday 😖

Thanks for any advice.
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18

Edited at 09:48 AM.
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
A copy and paste of what I wrote on another thread...

We did our DocHQ tests just after 7am about 10 days ago before our trip.

You get emailed a link, but it's not Zoom, it's done on their own site in a browser window.

The DocHQ person comes online - ours was a few minutes early, but we'd opened up the link and were waiting - and then you open the tests, and take them.

They then put you on hold for 10-15 minutes to allow the tests to process and then come back. You hold up the tests to the camera and, assuming they are negative, they'll email you the certs which arrived immediately for us. I gave them a quick once over and then that was that.

The whole thing was a lot less formal than you'd imagine. You can't really get three people on screen at once around a laptop camera, and the DocHQ person wasn't bothered about observing every single step of the process for each of us. Frankly, there were numerous ways to "cheat" the system if you were so inclined. You only know this afterwards, obviously, but I say it more as a way to say the experience isn't as formal and as rigid as you might believe.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
So, yes, you get emailed a link which opens in a browser - no special software required.

We used my MacBook Pro, but I can't see why an iPhone / iPad won't work just as well.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
capecoralfl
Apprentice Imagineer

Did ours this morning, used the DocHQ email link and we did it ours on my iPad, very easy.
The only stumbling block now is that even with a full Good to go VeriFly result and green ticks, the BA site wont allow me to check in today for tomorrow’s flight, but it seems to be a common issue today per Twitter!
capecoralfl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by capecoralfl View Post
Did ours this morning, used the DocHQ email link and we did it ours on my iPad, very easy.
The only stumbling block now is that even with a full Good to go VeriFly result and green ticks, the BA site wont allow me to check in today for tomorrow’s flight, but it seems to be a common issue today per Twitter!
I don't know if it's the same thing, but Mrs B was selected for random security checks which meant we couldn't print her boarding pass in advance and she was subject for extra checks all the way through the airport, including swabbing at the gate.

From over-hearing the staff conducting the tests, 21 people on our BA flight were randomly selected for this - I'm not sure if this is a typical number or not.

Part One
Part Two
Old 2 Mar 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
A copy and paste of what I wrote on another thread...

We did our DocHQ tests just after 7am about 10 days ago before our trip.

You get emailed a link, but it's not Zoom, it's done on their own site in a browser window.

The DocHQ person comes online - ours was a few minutes early, but we'd opened up the link and were waiting - and then you open the tests, and take them.

They then put you on hold for 10-15 minutes to allow the tests to process and then come back. You hold up the tests to the camera and, assuming they are negative, they'll email you the certs which arrived immediately for us. I gave them a quick once over and then that was that.

The whole thing was a lot less formal than you'd imagine. You can't really get three people on screen at once around a laptop camera, and the DocHQ person wasn't bothered about observing every single step of the process for each of us. Frankly, there were numerous ways to "cheat" the system if you were so inclined. You only know this afterwards, obviously, but I say it more as a way to say the experience isn't as formal and as rigid as you might believe.
So, yes, you get emailed a link which opens in a browser - no special software required.

We used my MacBook Pro, but I can't see why an iPhone / iPad won't work just as well.
Thank you so much Bozza for copying and pasting your very helpful explanation.
I did do a search but I must have missed this if it was a post buried in another Thread !
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Originally Posted by goodevans View Post
Thank you so much Bozza for copying and pasting your very helpful explanation.
I did do a search but I must have missed this if it was a post buried in another Thread !
No worries at all!

It's a very anxious moment that your whole holiday is hanging on.

We tested the night before to give us confidence about the likely result the following morning. Frankly, I was amazed that my son was negative as it had been ripping through his school year, but somehow he managed to avoid it!

Crossing my fingers for you!

Part One
Part Two
Old 2 Mar 22, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by capecoralfl View Post
Thank you very much for yourhelpful response Capecoralfl and confirming it works on an IPad.
Hope you get your check in problems resolved and have a wonderful holiday 👍

Old 2 Mar 22, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
No worries at all!

It's a very anxious moment that your whole holiday is hanging on.

We tested the night before to give us confidence about the likely result the following morning. Frankly, I was amazed that my son was negative as it had been ripping through his school year, but somehow he managed to avoid it!

Crossing my fingers for you!
Very kind thank you.
Think we will follow your example and test the night before thus hopefully avoiding any nasty surprises !
Unfortunate that your DW was one of the 21 selected for random security checks 😖! Be just my luck too !

I hope you had a wonderful holiday x

Old 2 Mar 22, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I was watched every step of the way, wouldn't have been possible to "cheat' as they recorded the number of the test strip or scanned it. They observed me taking the test, mixing it, putting it on the strip and then came back and asked to see the result.