Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Mar 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I’m excited for you Anne, as you know I missed my planned Iona experience due to being a Covid close contact, so I still have my FCC waiting to be spent and the Iona prices next month are very tempting.

Boarding is pretty much the same as you experienced with Princess last year. The only difference being P&O are more likely to check your boarding time, and they may turn you away if your are too early and they are busy.

P&O are still running a restricted drinks menu, I found it disappointing on Britannia, Iona looks more interesting but the Cocktails I fancied weren’t part of the package,so I would have stuck to pay as you go.

The My Holiday intranet worked really well for us on board, I liked it, but some were still having issues. You can actually access it from the terminal before you board. I liked booking a table for breakfast before we left the room, rather than queuing at the door.

Have you created an online account for P&O? I seem to remember going to the make a payment page bought up our stateroom number before we were notified of it.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We have been on Britannia. We are in the buffet a few evenings and enjoyed it.
We also at at Epicurean for afternoon tea and dinner.
I loved afternoon tea but dinner was a bit too fancy for my taste.

We ate at the glass house one afternoon and really enjoyed that.
And an absolute highlight was the cookery course onboard. I did the adult / child one with my daughter and we made pasta and cakes.

Edited at 07:38 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Yes, eventually, the last was very pleasant just not great with the IT side of things.

We’ve sailed with Royal, Celebrity and Disney. Think this is our 12th cruise.

Dd and I are taking my mum for her 70th, it’s her first cruise, my sister is also joining us, her first too. I really want them to have a good time so want to try to get everything planned for them so they can just enjoy it.

I just wish I could see more on the booking like I would with the other lines.

There are Facebook groups for all sailings I think, ours doesn’t have many on it currently but I’m hoping that nearer the time there’ll be more people to chat to so we know what to expect.
12 cruise and A good variety of cruise lines 😀
I’m sure your Mum & sister will love it. I wasn’t sure if it was for but yepppp it is ! I agree tho I’d like a bit more info on entertainment for one thing as in who and what, obviously it’s subject to change maybe that’s why they don’t?

Don’t have Facebook so no good for me to find out anything..

Have a great family cruise😀
Old 12 Mar 22, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
I’m excited for you Anne, as you know I missed my planned Iona experience due to being a Covid close contact, so I still have my FCC waiting to be spent and the Iona prices next month are very tempting.

Boarding is pretty much the same as you experienced with Princess last year. The only difference being P&O are more likely to check your boarding time, and they may turn you away if your are too early and they are busy.

P&O are still running a restricted drinks menu, I found it disappointing on Britannia, Iona looks more interesting but the Cocktails I fancied weren’t part of the package,so I would have stuck to pay as you go.

The My Holiday intranet worked really well for us on board, I liked it, but some were still having issues. You can actually access it from the terminal before you board. I liked booking a table for breakfast before we left the room, rather than queuing at the door.

Have you created an online account for P&O? I seem to remember going to the make a payment page bought up our stateroom number before we were notified of it.
Hi Amanda , we are really looking forward to it😀
There are definitely some good prices around! We were looking at an inside first of all, then a seaview (don’t laugh) you know how decisive I am🤣 but a balcony came up same price as inside so that made our minds up for sure!
Good to hear embarkation is more or less the same as Princess.
As for drinks package we were thinking of getting non alcoholic one as I do like a Costa and just pay as you go for any cocktail etc
Will make a note to try and access My Holiday from the terminal! Also your tip to book a table before leaving the room is a good idea!
Not sure 🤔 about the account…?sorry… we had to put our card number in this morning with the online check in and there was a payment charge of £1 is that what you mean? Would you mind explaining if its not please?
Old 12 Mar 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I really would not bother with the drinks package l. We thought it was very poor. Hardly any cocktails and limited wine choices were included. The bar prices were more like town centre pub prices and we found it cheaper to just pay as you go We bought the non alcoholic package but wouldn’t get it again. I took a bottle gin and champagne on board to drink in the cabin. We asked the cabin steward for a bucket, glasses and ice and she brought them every night.

We bought the package in the morning of the first full day so only paid for 6 nights If you are boarding late afternoon it’s not worth it on first day. It was sold at same price as pre cruise.

We had meals in Epicurean and Sindhu. The food was lovely and service good but we bought both on a half price deal. I wouldn’t have paid full, the food in the MDR was good enough not to need to pay extra. There was an offer on but you couldn’t book until onboard. I managed to log on the planner whilst in the terminal and both restaurants were half price.

The Quayside was one of our favourites for lunch, the fish and chips were excellent and just like a proper chippy ! Olive Garden was also excellent but you have to book early. We could only ever get lunch time. Some of the menu is chargeable but most is included.

I would agree that the buffet was rubbish. I think we only ate there the once for breakfast , walked around but nothing ever appealed.
I have seen these April Iona bargains but can’t persuade the husband 😞 He says I can book if I cancel Princess in September but I’m really looking forward to that one and the Princess Plus.
We were considering the non alcoholic package and just paying as you go for anything else too. But your impression was even that’s not value for money?
Will be taking champagne with us too 🍾 Great tip on getting a drinks package on the first full day, definitely not worth it for first day as we aren’t boarding till late afternoon
Is Epicurean & Sindhu always half price on first day? Something to consider if I can get logged on in the terminal!
Will check the buffet but if it’s not great will book mdr’s for breakfast!
Definitely some bargains to snap up if you can for April👍
Noooo don’t cancel Princess cruise! We did two last year on Sky & Regal and loved them, so much we have a family one on Sky booked for the Summer?
Old 12 Mar 22, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

pocruises/balance

Anne, if you booked direct you can log in on the pay balance page. Last year this showed my stateroom before the personaliser was updated.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 22, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
We have been on Britannia. We are in the buffet a few evenings and enjoyed it.
We also at at Epicurean for afternoon tea and dinner.
I loved afternoon tea but dinner was a bit too fancy for my taste.

We ate at the glass house one afternoon and really enjoyed that.
And an absolute highlight was the cookery course onboard. I did the adult / child one with my daughter and we made pasta and cakes.
Great pics there Bev ! The cookery course sounds fab!
Am liking the look of afternoon tea😀
Ooo the Glass House , on my ever growing list !
Old 12 Mar 22, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaAnn & Co
Imagineer

pocruises/balance

Anne, if you booked direct you can log in on the pay balance page. Last year this showed my stateroom before the personaliser was updated.
We didn’t book direct this time, could only get the deal with Iglu at the time …P&O site showing no seaview and balconies quite a lot more expensive .
Is there another idea you might have for me to be able to try?
Old 12 Mar 22, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

pocruises/login

On this page, register if you haven’t already done so.

Last year on the Seacations, when logged in there was an Entertainment tab, as at that time you had to prebook shows, but just like Princess there was plenty of availability so it didn’t matter if you haven’t.

I don’t know if they are still doing half price dining on the first couple of nights. Again if you log in, before Covid you could prepay for a speciality restaurant before sailing. Doing that offered a small saving.

My neighbours cruised on Iona in January, they are a bit older, and she wasn’t really their thing. They said acoustics in the Sky Dome area were awful, and all the glass made the atrium feel chilly. They bought me the Horizons (equivalent of Princess Patter) as they also said Entertainment was lacking. When I read them I was certainly thinking, load my kindle and take my Nintendo switch. That and the cinema would have filled my days.

I long for P&O to return to full strength, I’ve had some wonderful experiences on their ships. They were understandably missing due to Covid protocols, hopefully those things will start coming back.
Old 12 Mar 22, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

pocruises/balance

What’s the personaliser?

I just used the balance link you posted, mines paid in full but it did show my cabin number.

I can’t see that anywhere under manage my booking.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List