Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Apr 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
meanwoodwhite
Excited about Disney

Hilton Head looks to be a proper holiday destination with all the trappings that come with it.

I lived in Vero for 12 months and visited the Disney resort a couple times for drinks before I was a DVC member. Although it is lovely the town is a little boring. Local kids call it zero beach. The resort is also isolated and its impossible without a car.
meanwoodwhite is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I think both places are in need of a car.
We stayed for the first time in January for three nights and loved it. I would tack it on a trip but not make it my only trip, but I am also a sunbather.
We are doing Hilton Head next April/May as we are in S Carolina for a wedding. Then we will have done all the non WDW resorts apart from GCV.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

I don’t mind driving - takes me a bit to get used to it, but I drive every trip. It’s more about having something to do during the day. Maybe I’ll just stay in WDW and go to other days out. I think the massive spring break that seemed to be never ending this time just really made the parks seem overly busy. The weather wasn’t as good as I’m used to either.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
I don’t mind driving - takes me a bit to get used to it, but I drive every trip. It’s more about having something to do during the day. Maybe I’ll just stay in WDW and go to other days out. I think the massive spring break that seemed to be never ending this time just really made the parks seem overly busy. The weather wasn’t as good as I’m used to either.
If you don't mind driving how about an onsite stay with no parks and then rent a car and spend a few nights at Vero. We tend to spend the day by the beach / pool and then drive into Vero itself for dinner, have a mooch around and then head back to the resort for cocktails in the Green Cabin Room.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
If you don't mind driving how about an onsite stay with no parks and then rent a car and spend a few nights at Vero. We tend to spend the day by the beach / pool and then drive into Vero itself for dinner, have a mooch around and then head back to the resort for cocktails in the Green Cabin Room.
Yeah that’s a possible combo - I’ve done a week at Disney followed by a week at the coast before and the only thing there was the beach was off limits due to the red tide so it ended up being a week shopping, which wasn’t the idea.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandieb
Imagineer

Never stayed at HH but we absolutely loved the chilled slow pace at Vero Beach.

We went a couple of years ago and had a sea view top floor room with balcony that we used early every morning and for all sunsets. Ample space in the room, including a large bathroom.

Its quite small, I only remember one restaurant plus with a poolside 'cafe' type place with quite restricted menu - sandwiches, salads, yog and berries etc.

We drove down from another resort which meant we have a much needed car. The local town could not have been further removed from a disney resort. Quite charming. Lots of great places to eat.

We also found a decent outlet centre a quick drive from the store where we got far better bargains that in Orlando.

Not much for kids to do there.

The beach is beautiful and we walked for hours along it admiring the beach houses, picking the one we would buy if we won the lottery.
Old 9 May 22, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We aren’t dvc owners but we have just spent the weekend at HHI as we are on holiday in NC at the moment and drove down for the weekend. We came for the first time in 2019. It’s a stunning place. We’ve visited both Charleston and Savannah and both are beautiful with tons of history.
The actual purpose of us going to HHI this weekend was to go to Skull Creek Boathouse which had to be the most perfect night out. Fantastic food, entertainment and a stunning location. Can you tell I love the place😊
Old 9 May 22, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Here are some photos

Old 9 May 22, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Stunning photos. Well done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post

So Vero Beach is a total no go without a rental car? Not worth it for Uber/Lyft?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List