Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi. Does anyone have any information on required test with Royal Caribbean from Southampton.

We sail on the 17th June. I've searched online and can only find information about sailings from USA.
Thanks
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just come back from Azura - ours needed to be within 72 hours of the cruise. We did a click & collect with Randox for £11 each. Did the test at home and the certificate was provided within 10 mins of us uploading the photo. I think it does say that it might take a few hours so do it closer to the 24 hours opening, just in case. It was really simple to do.
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

I've found some information on Royal Caribbean website, but it may be just for sailings from USA. It doesn't mention Southampton.

It says that everyone has to be tested, and it needs to be a supervised test. It mentions video tests, but I don't understand what that means.

I'm completely confused. I thought that the cruise lines would have relaxed their pre-cruise testing considering they require that everyone is fully vaccinated within I think 270 days.

We are travelling by train to Southampton the day before the cruise, so I don't think there is any way we can do supervised test within 24 of our cruise.

We may have to just cancel the cruise, and wait until the cruises return to some form of normality.

So for the rant.
James
Andrea1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie R View Post
It’s definitely not an observed one - I’m on Britannia n the 29th (first cruise they are needed for) and have ordered the Randox lft which is unsupervised. It needs to be done within 24 hours of sailing.
We’re on this sailing too 👋
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

OP - PO have now changed it to say it’s the day before rather than 24 hours so you can do it before you leave home.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 22, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Ah, that’s helpful. Is it on the website?

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

I’ve just come on to say it’s been changed to one day before which makes things a lot easier

We’re on Ventura at the end of May and Azura in July, I’ve bought some of the Randox LFT, I was able to pick them up at a local newsagents they were only £11 each.

I’ve downloaded the Randox CertiFly app and fingers crossed it will all work well.

I actually think I’ll prefer it this way as well know that we’re negative and can board before we travel, rather than waiting until we’re at the ship and then finding out, and as we have to travel over from NI it means we won’t have a wasted journey
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
I've found some information on Royal Caribbean website, but it may be just for sailings from USA. It doesn't mention Southampton.

It says that everyone has to be tested, and it needs to be a supervised test. It mentions video tests, but I don't understand what that means.

I'm completely confused. I thought that the cruise lines would have relaxed their pre-cruise testing considering they require that everyone is fully vaccinated within I think 270 days.

We are travelling by train to Southampton the day before the cruise, so I don't think there is any way we can do supervised test within 24 of our cruise.

We may have to just cancel the cruise, and wait until the cruises return to some form of normality.

So for the rant.
James
Royal Just updated their covid testing for Southampton and its very sensible. If you are fully vaccinated then you have a two day window before the cruise to get your LFT. For passengers not up to date its one day.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 22, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andrea1
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dinglebert View Post
Royal Just updated their covid testing for Southampton and its very sensible. If you are fully vaccinated then you have a two day window before the cruise to get your LFT. For passengers not up to date its one day.
Thanks for that. 2 days makes it a lot easier for us as we will be travelling to Southampton the day before our cruise.

Do you know if they have to be supervised, or are they the same as P&O where you use an app?
Thanks
Old 21 Apr 22, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Andrea1 View Post
Thanks for that. 2 days makes it a lot easier for us as we will be travelling to Southampton the day before our cruise.

Do you know if they have to be supervised, or are they the same as P&O where you use an app?
Thanks
Unfortunately supervised which is both a pain in getting it and financially.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List