Notices

Old 17 Apr 22, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Lucy, Tom plus 2 April 22 - pre trip

Finally able to get a pre trippie done. After 2 cancelled trips ( can you guess why) we’ve finally booked some flights for a trip in April, leaving my pre trip till last min as we fly this week!

I’ll introduce the cast.

Me, Tom / Dad chief planner. Day to day is the world of F1 and making wind . I Enjoy a good BBQ, rugby, and the odd beer or 3

Lucy/wife/mom. Happy to go with the flow (mostly) until she ends up at something “very Tom” that she didn’t listen to in the planning phase (usually a car show or brewery) . Currently on maternity leave from a real castle. Fan of 2 sorts of music country and western.

Oscar, 4. We fly a few days after his 4th birthday. Lover of cars (wonder where he got that from) looking forward to going on a plane (He doesn’t remember going on one before) and visiting mickeys house.
He is pretty lucky as this will be his 5th time in Orlando but the first that he will understand more what’s going on which will be super cool. All his other trips where when he was under 2 (dam pandemic).

We would have likely gone back last November but we were kind of busy welcoming the final addition to the family.

Daisy, 5 months (at time of travel).
Her first trip! Lover of smiles and milk! We are all looking forward to introducing here to the place we all love!

The Plan:

Travel:
2 weeks back in the sunshine state.
Flights with Tui from Birmingham we are only 30min away so no need for hotels night before or anything. Got meet and great parking sorted for a easy car drop off.
Have dine tui before but first time on the new Melbourne route.
One from Oscar’s 2nd trip.

Car:
Andy from DCHF came through with a good deal on an intermediate SUV with budget.

Accommodation:
We are lucky that Lucy’s mom and dad own a condo so that’s taken care off.

Tickets:
We will just do Disney this trip, now Oscar is over 3 playing for tickets was a bit of a shock and rules out universal as he won’t benefit from going. As Oscar’s grandparents have the condo he is able to get a Florida resident AP which means we should get parking, discounts and it’s cheaper than the 2 week pass anyway. We have just brought him a Saturday ticket for Hollywood studios as we’d already got some hard to bag ADR’s.

Others:
We’ll plan a few other days out away from Disney. Oscar has been obsessed with watching blippi videos (if you don’t know who he is I’d keep it that way) he went to a children’s discovery centre in Tampa so that’s on our list as the boy will love it and even not knowing where it is he keeps asking to go there.
Might check out downtown Sanford on the sunrail as something a little different to do.

Have managed to get a couple of ADR’s although missed a couple of the ones we wanted.
Currently we’ve secured:
City works (as it’s new and have a big beer selection)
San Angel inn
Sci-fi dinner
Oga’s cantina (I’ll hold my hands up now never seen Star Wars)
Wine bar George

I’ve done a couple of trip reports before and started a couple that I never finished or even published (no idea where people get the time) but am determined to complete this one.

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15

Edited at 09:30 AM.
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 22, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like a fab trip you’ve got planned and magical to see Oscar at that age in Disney!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List