Notices

Old 1 May 22, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
This sounds like a really exciting trip. We did NYC and Orlando in 2017. Have you bought tickets for any of the attractions? We climbed up all the steps to get to the top of the Statue of Liberty, which was great. Plus the Empire state and top of the rock. We also did the Ride which was brilliant fun. We hired on the row boats in Central Park and really enjoyed this too. You've probably got it all planned already, NYC is a great city.

I hope you enjoy Caribbean Beach it was the first Disney hotel we ever stayed in and I've got a real soft spot for the resort. The main pool is fab, the hot tubs are great, the quiet pools were always quiet. We've not stayed there since the sky liner opened, but I've read that it's really handy for getting to both Epcot and HS.

I hope you all have a fab trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
1122christy
Earning My Ears

I haven’t booked any New York stuff yet but do have our days planned. Very much looking forward to it
Old 8 May 22, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
1122christy
Earning My Ears

60 day to go!

Yesterday was my Disney restaurant booking day! I managed to get some I wanted.
So got Be our guest for our first magic kingdom day, booked for 6.40pm then after dinner we can stay for fireworks, booked Ohanas for dinner one night, Rainforest cafe at Disney springs for dinner, and Teppan Edo for lunch. The two I didn’t get was Space 220 and Sci fi dine in. I’m gng to keep trying for sci fi but I’m thinking we will just leave space 220.
I also managed to book two droid buildings for Alex (14) and Aimee (12). This was something we had on our original holiday as we had a $300 gift card added on to our booking we said the kids could get a treat each. Zoe (9) was booked on to Bibbidi Bobbidi boutique before our Cinderellas castle booking but she now doesn’t want to dress up and as we no longer have free dining I’m not booking cinderellas castle.
Not sure what to do for Zoe’s treat, any ideas? She’s not in to Star Wars and kinda starting to grow out of disney princess stuff. She loves drawing though and I saw there is a drawing class so will try and do that but not really the same as other two kids. Maybe just letting her choose stuff to buy in the shops. They will be so much to see and she won’t really be bothered or even notice that she didn’t get a similar experience to the other two.

Anyway once I booked the droid building I decided to book Ogas cantina. Originally I wasn’t gng to as it doesn’t really serve food and tbh I thought we could just pop in to see but noticed you have to actually book it. So booked it for after the droid building and we can have a drink with our droids 😂
Also got some T-shirts delivered yesterday from 5poundstshirt. Never ordered from them before but actually quite good, ok so not the best quality but good for a fiver lol

Got these two for Aimee (12)
And then these two for me

This Batman one for Alex (14)

Happy with them. Have quite a lot of clothes and things bought now. Need to go through it all and see what is still needed.

Will write a separate post with our daily plans!

Thanks for reading so far!