Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 May 22, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Rubbish WiFi at BLT

Checked in yesterday and literally couldn't get onto anything yesterday and had to use our 4g data on our phones

Woke in middle of the night and even then couldnt get on my ipad

Mentioned it at reception this morning and it is slightly better now but still rubbish

Really shouldnt be like this nowadays I don’t think
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

We tend to stay at BLT every year and recently have had no problems with Wi-Fi. However, 4-5 years ago there definitely was a problem when we stayed, as the rooms Wi-Fi was non-existent and there were people in the lift area on devices as that was the only place you could get on to the internet.
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
We stayed that long ago and I remember it being a bit slow but this is crazy

It connects for a few minutes then drops off again

Not sure it is even worth saying anything again as not sure they can do anything. The whole system needs rethinking

Everything else is great

Such a shame as at the minute it is putting us off staying here again

Just came from AKL where we had no problem at all for the 10 nights

Really glad we are only here for 4 nights
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

We have had this at BLT previously and it’s quite annoying I agree. I seem to remember they sent an engineer round who fiddled with something and it was better after (still not great!)
Old 8 May 22, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
We have had this at BLT previously and it’s quite annoying I agree. I seem to remember they sent an engineer round who fiddled with something and it was better after (still not great!)
We spoke to a woman in reception yesterday morning who said she would ring the IT people with our room number but nothing changed by the time we got back in the afternoon
Spoke to another lady last night and she has given us the number to ring ourselves
We are only on floor 5 and a few doors down from the lift but cannot do anything over WiFi and having to type this using my data
Old 8 May 22, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

So frustrating - I’m sorry!
Old 8 May 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Oh dear, not good for what I consider a premium resort! We're staying in August so hope it improves by then 🤞
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 22, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
15isto2
Imagineer

DVC internet was much better when it was a wired connection and you took your own mobile router
15isto2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
So…… the front desk rang IT and a lovely man came to our room

He moved the TV out and pulled the router onto the side and reset it

He was so apologetic but obviously said they have to work with what they are provided with and agreed its just not good enough

We said we had no problem the 10 nights we were at AKL and he said we wouldn't as its fibre WiFi there
He said its very likely as he got ours working it would knock someone else's in the hotel out

What a rubbish system and certainly not good enough for the class of hotel it is

Jeez we priced up the 4 nights if we had paid cash and it was astronomical.

Anyway it’s now working well.Not a 100% but at least I can get on here on my ipad which I couldn’t do yesterday at all

So my advice is to go to the lobby and insist they ring IT while you are standing there. Don’t be fobbed off by them saying they will do it

As I said previously we didnt have any problems the last time we stayed so maybe we were just unlucky

Love everything else ( maybe not the size of the TV compared to the huge ones at ALK ) about the room and the hotel