Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 May 22, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've had a value studio at Jambo in August 2016 for a few nights and a value 1 bed in March 2014 for a week, I don't own at AKV so got both of these at 7 months with no issues, both times were off season so that definitely helped.

I'd not hesitate with a value room whilst there were only 2 of us each time, they were absolutely fine for us.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Thank you all. I think as Noodlez has said I might need to budget for a standard room and if I manage to get a value then it will be a bonus.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

I agree you should budget for a standard room. As rooms go I don’t think there is much of a difference in a studio but you can always do a you tube walkthrough to check. The main difference to me is outside the room

Jambo has 3 restaurants including a quick serve, wine bar and a bigger lobby.
Kidani is more compact but I prefer the pool and the underground car park. It’s been a while since I’ve stayed at Kidani but I think the restaurant there does take away now as well as table service. I think it also had a better bus service as well but that could have changed.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Definitely budget enough points for a standard room.

I would try and get a value room at Jambo House first, then a standard room if not.

Just a reminder that the DVC rooms are scheduled to get refurbed in 2023 which would effect Kidani more but something to bear in mind. It’s lobby is getting updates later this year but no exact timings for the rooms. It may get pushed back in 2024
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 22, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydads View Post
Definitely budget enough points for a standard room.

I would try and get a value room at Jambo House first, then a standard room if not.

Just a reminder that the DVC rooms are scheduled to get refurbed in 2023 which would effect Kidani more but something to bear in mind. It’s lobby is getting updates later this year but no exact timings for the rooms. It may get pushed back in 2024
I hadn't even thought about building work, where could I find a list of whats happening and when its scheduled please?

I am wondering whether to do POFQ for a week (non DVC) as a back up to the AKL value if I can't get that. It works out slightly cheaper then an AKL standard room with the new offer that is coming.

Then a week at GF with DVC hopefully, it is my DD dream resort and she will be turning 16 when we are there.
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post

It’s nothing too major at Kidani this year.

wdwnt/2022/05/areas-of-d...-october-2022/

The room refurbs are speculation on when they are due every 14 years I think.

Edited at 07:17 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I prefer Jambo. It’s just got such an atmosphere when you walk in. You feel like you really are somewhere special.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 22, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
My coming Disney stay is split between VGF and jambo house. We did have Kidani booked originally but changed after doing a search on here and people recommending Jambo for the X factor. Its our first stay at AKL so hopefully I’ll get to try Kidani one day.
Old 21 May 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
When we stayed before we was in Jumbo House and booked a standard room in a package deal (not DVC), is there much difference between Jumbo House and Kidani Village and any views on them both? We are likely to be in a value studio if we can get it.

Thank you
I will just add that if you have a vehicle then I would book Kidani as you can basically park right under your villa. To me that is very convenient.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 21 May 22, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

We have stayed at both and own at Jambo. We've booked Jambo this year as we prefer everything about it. It has the best lobby and there is so much more going on there. The QS (mara ) is next to the pool and the pool is in the centre of the resort. Kidani pool you have to walk out of the hotel to and the QS is just the pool bar. Saana is in KIdani but Jambo has Boma, Jiko and Victoria falls bar. If we were looking for a quiet break then id stay at Kidani.

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List