Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Jun 22, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Would you buy now?

Does anyone know how popular VGF is at the moment? Looking to buy more points potentially.

There’s a $5 per point incentive for 125 points making it $202 per point. There are no loaded points at the moment though.

I’m surprised at how low the rate is, VGF was selling at $255 per point before the new inventory was released. It’s very tempting.

Does anyone know how well these are selling? Is there a chance the incentives will improve or do you think this is a good deal right now? Not sure how popular DVC is at the moment or if they’re having trouble selling!
Old 2 Jun 22, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

We pressed the button yesterday (01/06) as first time buyers and purchased 200 points with a $4 pp incentive…today (02/06) new incentives are nearly double! Waiting for the udated contract from our DVC Rep Manny! Saves another $1000 😀😀 Happy days!
Apparently looking on a major U.S. DVC site the new VGF sales have been extremely popular indeed.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
We bought about 15 years ago, We paid £8000 for our points and have absolutely no regrets.

Would I buy now, at $200 a point and a poor exchange rate. Probably not.

We have had 8 vacations in lovely accommodation, but on top of our initial outlay we also pay dues. The dues alone would get us some reasonable accommodation. Not Disney deluxe. But perfectly acceptable.

For our £8k I think we’ve had a bargain and I have absolutely no regrets but if we’d paid £25,000 + dues I’m not at all sure I’d feel the same way.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Would I buy direct at the current prices? Not in a Million years.

Some great resale contracts out there with long expiry dates. SSR at $120 a point for example. Mind you not as good as when we bought at $73 a point.

However my view still stands, but where you want to stay and for a new Resort wait 12 Months and they trickle on to the Resale market as people realise they have made a mistake buying and can’t afford it.

I suspect DVC are struggling with sales, nearly all the sales stands in the Parks are unstaffed which speaks volumes.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:09 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

We just bought into VGF (expensive I know) 200 points at $198 pp with incentives, resale contracts are averaging at $170-$180pp.
We offered on 2 SSR resale contracts which got us 300 points for the same amount but both were taken under ROFR, each took just under 3 months before we got the (bad) news (just over 6 months lost in total), DW said she didnt want to lose anymore time to be disappointed again so we just bought direct!
We looked at VGF resale vs Direct and though that the savings werent enought to warrant the time lost plus the blue card access to new resorts went some way toward our decision.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry Ian Not in a trillion trillion years! More than Happy at our $67.50/point but if I was to set a "Value", having known DVC since 2008, I'd say that it's worth about $100/point, it's just not ,IMO, what they want you to believe it is. I also know that currently I could sell & make a profit but I'm not convinced that's the case with new Direct Contracts, at those prices.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Sorry Ian Not in a trillion trillion years! More than Happy at our $67.50/point but if I was to set a "Value", having known DVC since 2008, I'd say that it's worth about $100/point, it's just not ,IMO, what they want you to believe it is. I also know that currently I could sell & make a profit but I'm not convinced that's the case with new Direct Contracts, at those prices.
SD
Blimey, I wish I’d known about DVC back in the day! Thats amazing!
Sadly this is the first time we’ve been in a position to buy so we’ll just enjoy the many years of magic😀
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
Old 4 Jun 22, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

I bought resale AKV a couple of years ago - have used it once so far and am using it to stay at GF2 in October. I'm very happy to have bought resale...we did two direct tours before deciding to take the plunge with resale. I'm genuinely looking forward to many more trips and visiting all the WDW DVC resorts. Would I like the simplicity of direct member discounts? Yes. Sometimes we get them anyway - on our staycation cruise last year the cast member simply wouldn't take no for an answer when he learned we were DVC despite us talking to him about resale. We ended up with $100s in discounts.

My only frustration with DVC and buying into the WDW ecosystem is the pathetic discounting of park tickets. For 3 adults (one being a child of 10)+1 child tickets we are looking at £2000 and rising in park tickets for every visit. Obviously you can do none park stays, but when you have children the parks are clearly a part of the attraction and this makes repeat DVC holidays less frequent than our points alone might allow.

So even though I'm very happy to be getting awesome themed accomodation which I would never usually be able to afford (based on nightly hotel rates) the lack of real concession for the parks is a genuine hurdle to getting maximum use out for us.

I would still consider direct at the right resort, but not until they offer way more in genuine concessions that matter to us.
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Sometimes we get them anyway - on our staycation cruise last year the cast member simply wouldn't take no for an answer when he learned we were DVC despite us talking to him about resale. We ended up with $100s in discounts.
Discounts ? We didn’t get any that I’m aware off. Now wondering if I’ve missed out on something
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 22, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Whilst I think VGF is not too bad value for a direct compared to resale prices, I would not buy any more points. We are now struggling to use our 385 and will be banking 85 this year. We will have 470 ish next year. We have always travelled around the USA, been to 27 States. Only reason we are not banking more this year is we are managing a California trip. Next summer we think we are going to Texas, San Diego and Yosemite. So either we will have to go back to WDW next Xmas or rent some next year.
I am now holding onto the points for 2 reasons, as WDW has been badly damaged for us by Chapek and Co. The reasons are:

1. Potentially good rental returns for what we paid (between 67 and 120 a point depending on contract).
2. Retirement, month in the sun in Winter now at reasonable price.

We don’t need more points so certainly wouldn’t be buying more. In some ways I regret not putting my DVC money into stocks.