Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 22, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow! You might need another holiday after that lot!

Don't forget you need to do an esta for each traveller, although I am sure the travel agent told you that.

Personally I would do the esta now! It's not expensive and gives peace of mind just in case there is an issue with the application.
Old 18 Jun 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Our first trip in 2010 there was just the two of us and we did all 4 Disney parks, seaworld, Busch gardens, universal and IOA and 2 nights at Clearwater…..all in 14 nights but we were ready for a holiday when we came back! And we certainly didn’t get value out of our tickets……
I would do either Disney or universal depending on your preference and take your time…..

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I think you have got a decent quote, at this late stage I can’t see you would shave much off by continuing to look around.

However I think for a ten day holiday you are spending a lot on tickets and probably won’t get the value out of them. I’d be tempted to make a choice between Universal and Disney, I don’t personally think that decision is one of age, I think it is preference for the franchises.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Media Mikey
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

I'm flying out next Saturday with my daughter (aged 15) and staying for 10 nights on I Drive. We're doing Universal, SW, DC, A and possibly BG ... with no plans to go anywhere near Disney.

Wouldn't fancy trying to fit in much more than that, although happy to sacrifice the shopping day that I'm being pressured into
Media Mikey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

I’d have a look at tui online, yesterday i priced up a week flying out 16th July staying at dockside or surfside universal can’t remember which for £1500 for 2 people.
emmabanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparky
slightly serious Dibber

First trip was 12 days and did all Disney Parks at least twice (Epcot 2 half days) both Universal Parks, Airboat Ride, Shopping and Kennedy. Like others have said you may need to have a holiday to get over it but you can do it….
If it were my first time I would do the same again, if you have never been you want to see everything and it could be disappointing to miss out on something.

Disneyworld - Florida, 81,93,06,07,14,16,18,22,23,24
Disneyland - California, 89
Disneyland - Paris, 02,04,05,07,12
Sparky is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our first trip as a couple was in 2002 we had 2 weeks but only 1 week in Orlando. We did all 4 Disney Parks, both Universal and Sea world in the first week. I was 8 weeks pregnant Thank goodness for the 2nd week at St Petes Beach.

We actually did Seaworld on the same day as traveling to the coast to St Petes.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Wow! You might need another holiday after that lot!

Don't forget you need to do an esta for each traveller, although I am sure the travel agent told you that.

Personally I would do the esta now! It's not expensive and gives peace of mind just in case there is an issue with the application.
This ^^^^^^ Personally I would do the esta now! It's not expensive and gives peace of mind just in case there is an issue with the application.
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disney20042012 View Post
This ^^^^^^ Personally I would do the esta now! It's not expensive and gives peace of mind just in case there is an issue with the application.
Absolutely this, we booked 13 weeks out last time, and I did the ESTAs before I formally booked anything.

Agree with all the points, I think you’re trying to get too much into 10 days. I always plan a day on, day off, but “day off” for me is a water park or shopping. We’ve also done a park on the last day a couple of times. Last time out we only did Disney, but we had a 3 yo then, and did 2 days at AK, 3 days at MK, and 1 each at EPCOT and HS, but it was before Galaxy’s Edge was finished (prior to that HS was a 2 day park for us, and probably is again now.)

At AK and MK we do 1 early and 1 late, and then we did MK on departure day.

Next year we’re doing Universal, SW, Aquatica and not decided on Busch Gardens or DC, if we don’t do Discovery Cove we will still get the 3f2 ticket for the free parking as it’s the same price. We also haven’t been to Universal for 10 years and SW, DC and Aquatica for 8 years. However, if park reservations are gone by then we might consider a 2 day ticket to have a day at MK and HS, but Disney have currently priced us out of a 14 day ticket.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 22, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
theporter
I want to go now!

cheers guys its much appreciated this trip is probably our last before she flies the nest so want to get in as much as we can we are both theme park mad so dont mind the slog and would rather have everything booked so we know we have everything at our disposal
the estas i will sort tomorrow, was also looking at the disney port orleans £3649 inc flights but i presume as wont spend much time in room probably best booking cheapest so the disney all star music hotel, we only have the 10 days as its her uni graduation when we get back so we are limited
cant wait will book tomorrow me thinks hopefully
theporter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List