Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 22, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
theporter
I want to go now!

No car no can’t be bothered driving will use Uber buses etc
theporter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
theporter
I want to go now!

EStas back authorised within an hour excellent
Old 19 Jun 22, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Welcome, welcome!

Loads of great advice above. Here’s my spin.

With travel I suppose you will only have 8 full days. Planning and research to prioritise and focus your activities is really important.

For me it’d be an onsite stay at Universal doing the amazing Universal parks with days out to Seaworld and DC. Maybe aquatica and busch too (although getting to busch is obviously an issue without a car). This would give you time to breathe and enjoy the holiday rather than rushing around trying to make the most of a bunch of costly tickets.

Use the Disney ticket money to eat at some if the great Universal themed restaurants! Toothesome Chocolate Emporium being our favourite. Maybe shark grill over at Seaworld (just great eating in a big fishtank!). Or maybe treat yourself to a cabana whilst at Discovery Cove and Volcano bay?

I wouldn’t touch Disney apart from perhaps a visit to Disney springs which could become a resort tour day using free disney transport (bus monorail). But even then…i’d have to think about my priorities….it’d certainly be part of a 14 day holiday…not so sure if it would for 10 day. 😀👍

Put it this way. We had a 7 night stay in Universal in 2018 as part of a longer trip. We did nothing but universal, volcano bay, pool days and shopping. It was absolutely fantastic. 😎

Or maybe split your stay at Universal, maybe 3 or 4 nights at a deluxe to get the free unlimited express passes and the rest at one of the cheaper Universal hotels (no free express but still get early entry into parks) maybe one where you can walk into Volcano bay?

Sorry…that post grew a bit! 😂

Edited at 05:13 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
theporter
I want to go now!

Ok just looking again at prices
£1506 return TUI flights inc premium package 10% cashback

£2289 10 nights Disney Coronado springs resort 10% Quidco

Anybody Been to that hotel any good ?

£2106 sonesta suites inc flights tui

Edited at 01:05 PM.
Old 23 Jun 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Would you consider a split stay, which might help you to fit everything in better?

For example, 5/6 nights at a Disney All Star and get tickets to match for the amount of days rather than a 14 day ticket.

Then, move to a Universal hotel or somewhere close on I-Drive for the last few days to use your Universal/Dolphin Swim tickets?

It might save a bit of money rather than having several days of tickets that you don't have time to use.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
Welcome, welcome!

Loads of great advice above. Here’s my spin.

With travel I suppose you will only have 8 full days. Planning and research to prioritise and focus your activities is really important.

For me it’d be an onsite stay at Universal doing the amazing Universal parks with days out to Seaworld and DC. Maybe aquatica and busch too (although getting to busch is obviously an issue without a car). This would give you time to breathe and enjoy the holiday rather than rushing around trying to make the most of a bunch of costly tickets.

Use the Disney ticket money to eat at some if the great Universal themed restaurants! Toothesome Chocolate Emporium being our favourite. Maybe shark grill over at Seaworld (just great eating in a big fishtank!). Or maybe treat yourself to a cabana whilst at Discovery Cove and Volcano bay?

I wouldn’t touch Disney apart from perhaps a visit to Disney springs which could become a resort tour day using free disney transport (bus monorail). But even then…i’d have to think about my priorities….it’d certainly be part of a 14 day holiday…not so sure if it would for 10 day. 😀👍

Put it this way. We had a 7 night stay in Universal in 2018 as part of a longer trip. We did nothing but universal, volcano bay, pool days and shopping. It was absolutely fantastic. 😎

Or maybe split your stay at Universal, maybe 3 or 4 nights at a deluxe to get the free unlimited express passes and the rest at one of the cheaper Universal hotels (no free express but still get early entry into parks) maybe one where you can walk into Volcano bay?

Sorry…that post grew a bit! 😂
OP wants to see the Star Wars stuff. You may find Universal amazing, but many do not, including me. 10 days at Universal only would be a nightmare for me, after 1.5 days I was bored out of my mind and couldn't wait to go back to Disney 🤣 To each its own.

OP, have a fantastic time!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Funkymoover
VIP Dibber

10 Days doing all the parks will be full on but as two adults it’s doable (with little kids I’d say a big fat no u less you want to spend all your time dealing with meltdowns!)
I’d look at a split stay get flights for your dates and find accommodation around that. Few days at Disney or lake Buenavista, make sure the hotel has free
Shuttles to the parks to save some funs. Do mornings the first few days as with jet lag you’ll be up anyway. Then head out for a nice dinner or chill by the pool late afternoon. Then a few days on I drive or universal & make the most of the express passes

Disney is probably 5-6 days full on to see all the parks, but you’d have to go into it knowing you’ve not much downtime. Then chill at discovery cove for the day to relax then a few days a universal, day at each IOS and UO and a day at volcano bay to relax in between. May not have time for sea world. Depends
How long you spend at Disney. If you didn’t do all the parks there you might just do it

Have fun planning. I’m sure you will have a fantastic holiday
May 2012 villa in Windsor Hills
August 2015- Windsor Hills again July/August 2020 - we missed out but new countdown is on for July 23!
Funkymoover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
theporter
I want to go now!

TUI are showing for 11 days which I can do at the sonesta se suites £1910

Or Rosen inn point Orlando £1253

Or Rosen in lake buena vista £1212.

That seams extremely cheap and leaves me plenty for food etc etc but are the places ok ?

Edited at 10:49 PM.
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
UK-KIRK
Excited about Disney

UK-KIRK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just returned, stayed at the Royal Pacific at Universal, 14 nights.

We did Disney (all 4 Parks), Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay, Seaworld, Discovery Cove (Dolphin Swim), Kennedy Space Centre, shopping and Spirit of the Swamp Airboat Tour.

We took advantage of jet lag (up early) first 3 days to get to the Parks early, but we had to slow down as it was very hot, humid etc. It's shattering when you try to do too much, plus the 14 day tickets are so expensive and when you do both Disney & Universal it's not worth the money.

Personally, if I was going for 10 days, I would do Disney, Discovery Cove (Non-Swim), Seaworld and shopping. The reason I say DC Non-Swim is you only get to hold on for a few metres, we preferred snorkelling in the Grand Reef, it'll make the day a lot more relaxing that way and you could, shower and change and go to a Disney Park for Dinner.

We got Ubers everwhere, fabulous, so much cheaper, convenient and less stressful.

TUI have some good prices for July.

Once ESTA is done and you have linked your Disney tickets to the My Disney App make sure you book your Park Reservations. Plus most restaurants require a reservation.

I booked extra Disney Park Reservation Days, so that we could go for Dinner etc. in the evening if we wanted too, we did!

We took some cash, as well as a Clarity Credit Card - Halifax (No transaction fees).

I hope you have a wonderful time.
UK-KIRK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 22, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrPenguin
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by theporter View Post
TUI are showing for 11 days which I can do at the sonesta se suites £1910

Or Rosen inn point Orlando £1253

Or Rosen in lake buena vista £1212.

That seams extremely cheap and leaves me plenty for food etc etc but are the places ok ?
Rosen Inn at Pointe is usually our typical choice of accommodation. It’s basic but clean and that suits us.

Also, the location is ace. If you don’t want to get Uber/drive in the evening to get food, there are great options within very short walking distances including Millers Ale House directly opposite.
MrPenguin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List