Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 22, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SAFC_FTM View Post
Not sure how that would work because I think you need to leave you passport with them and they then deliver it so he wouldn't be able to fly home?
Also can you use an embassy in Ireland if you have a British passport?

I suppose it's worth a call to Dublin embassy to find out.
You don’t leave your passport. You pay for a courier service as part of the application. The embassy will either issue it there and then, or tell him to leave while it’s being processed and request it back once the visa is ready to go into the passport.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andysaurus View Post
Government cracking down on term time holidays:

dailymail/news/art...ls-scheme.html
What has this got to do with this thread?
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've just called border control number and they've stated because one of the questions was answered as yes that is logged in the ESTA system so another application would be flagged because question was previously answered yes.
Only option it to go visa route and I've just checked and London showing 203 days wait and Belfast 170 days.
Edinburgh consulate is not showing on wait list times so he's going to call them tomorrow and see what the status is there.
Unfortunately I think he is screwed as it's 103 days till we travel.
My brother needs a renewal visa for work , he is out there at the moment, his work does all this and all the embassy’s out there, also Canada and uk and he said couple of weeks ago Dublin only had the shortest wait times

He has a uk passport and he can get his visa in Dublin, but yes they do post it back , you would just need to come home and wait for it arriving

Edited at 08:20 PM.
Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andysaurus View Post
Government cracking down on term time holidays:

dailymail/news/art...ls-scheme.html
That's interesting and worthy of its own thread.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

I'm absolutely gutted for him.
He's just retired and the trip was to go and play Sawgrass as it's on his bucket list, 12 of us going in total and we have a few lads as reserves so he shouldn't lose too much money but he'll be devastated.

Going to make a few calls to Edinburgh and London embassy tomorrow to see if it's too late.
as far as Im aware the Edinburgh consulate dont do Visa appts i'm afraid, people i know usually fly to Belfast for one as its usually a bit lesser wait time
Quality Inn Plaza , I drive (2009) / Los Angeles, CA (2010) /New york + Villa at Chatham park (2014/15) / Quality Inn on 192 (2015) / Laguna beach (2016) / Flamingo inn ,Daytona beach (2016/17) Houston , Atlanta + Coco key water resort, I drive (2017), Boston (2018), New York City (2018) Washington DC + Clarion Suites Maingate, (2018)Red Lion/ New orleans (Sept 2019) Cabbibean Resort/ Red lion (Jan 2020), Baymont Inn and Suites (Aug 2020)
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

What a very sad thread, ESTAS applications take computer says no to another level.

Did we ever hear the end of the story where the father put a wrong answer in for his child?

By the way in addition to not knowing we were not allowed to travel to US a lot of Americans have no clue about ESTAs either.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Please do try phoning Dublin. Having a British passport shouldn’t make a difference. If that was the case people living away from home all over the world would have to fly to their home country to get visas to travel to another country.
The only issue could be that he isn’t resident in ROI.
For the chance to play at Sawgrass I’d leave no stone unturned 😀

Edited at 07:53 PM.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I don’t know about Visa wait times but you don’t need a passport to fly to Dublin unless you go Ryanair who will accept ID cards etc from other nations but insist on a passport from the British. If you go Aer Lingus you can just use the driving license. Done it many times.
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
SAFC_FTM
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks there's been some really helpful replies on here.
I'm definitely going to look at the Dublin possibilities and we are also calling the London, Edinburgh and Belfast consulates/embassies tomorrow.

Dublin could actually be am easy option for him if it's allowed as we have family in Northern Ireland so he could ferry across to there and then drive or train down to Dublin.

It's something we are going to chase down as far as we can as this is a once in a lifetime thing.
After deaths of his best friend and his cousin in the same year my dad decided he wants to leave no stone unturned before his time is up and he wants to do as many bucket list courses as he can.
The look on his face today when I told him what he had done was awful so I prey we can get this sorted.
SAFC_FTM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 22, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
I am confused. I don’t think this is relevant to the OP’s dilemma is it?
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
That's interesting and worthy of its own thread.
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
What has this got to do with this thread?
lol Wrong thread Meant for the Sixth form one. Trouble of opening 20 different tabs whenever I come here

Edited at 08:47 PM.
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List