Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 22, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Best cruise companies for family with teens?

I am having a real hard time trying to think of where to go next year.

We've got onto the subject of cruises but I am so far out of my depth! Kids will be 17 and 15, we're happy to do a cruise that goes from Athens/Barcelona/Venice etc, but it has to be a family friendly cruise and one where you are not expected to dress up for dinner!

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Disney Cruises are out of our price range I think!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
June8th
Apprentice Imagineer

Royal Caribbean could be a good fit.
Also NCL, laid back with no formal stuff!
June8th is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
Royal Caribbean for your children’s age range. We went on Harmony of the Seas. My son and daughter would never join in organised children’s activities but on Harmony there was just so much to do as a family. An ice rink, wave rider, outdoor cinema showing up to date films, climbing wall, Broadway style shows. Take a look at some you tube videos and see what your teens think.

Royal Caribbean was quite relaxed about dressing up. Some did, most didn’t. It was long trousers for men, but mainly just dress as you would normally to go out for an evening meal. No dress code at all for the buffet. We tended to go to a restaurant in the evening and son and daughter (similar to yours at the time) went to the buffet at night

Watch the prices because they don’t usually include drinks or tips and they can add up.

Edited at 04:54 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
My children are 16 and 13 and we are going on our first cruise this summer. 7 night Greek isles on Royal Carribean Oldyssey of the Seas.
It looks like there are a lot of activities, its as formal or informal as you want. We're excited to try it out.
The ships really can vary with what's on board so check the individual ship. Odyssey doesn't have an ice rink but it has bumper cars for example.
Also think about where you sail from, we sail from Rome so there are flights to add on, hotel the night before, transfers to the port, drink packages etc plus we are staying in Rome a couple of nights afterwards. Its does all add up 🙈
Oh and we have booked 2 connecting rooms, theres not always a lot in it price wise but think we'll appreciate the space and the 2 bathrooms.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

Edited at 07:01 PM.
CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by CreakingStool View Post
My children are 16 and 13 and we are going on our first cruise this summer. 7 night Greek isles on Royal Carribean Oldyssey of the Seas.
It looks like there are a lot of activities, its as formal or informal as you want. We're excited to try it out.
The ships really can vary with what's on board so check the individual ship. Odyssey doesn't have an ice rink but it has bumper cars for example.
Also think about where you sail from, we sail from Rome so there are flights to add on, hotel the night before, transfers to the port, drink packages etc plus we are staying in Rome a couple of nights afterwards. Its does all add up 🙈
Oh and we have booked 2 connecting rooms, theres not always a lot in it price wise but think we'll appreciate the space and the 2 bathrooms.
We are doing that one as well which date you going?

Old 20 Jun 22, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
You're all so helpful!

I have seen the Greek Island one, which I am interested in, think it's from Venice though. I have gone through all the booking etc (not ready to book but to see the final price) and added gratuities to the booking, but how do you know how much the drinks packages will be as it doesn't see to show you? Food etc is all included isn't it? So for a 7 night cruise, how much am I looking at on top for drinks?

NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

MSC - fantastic and really good prices.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
MSC - fantastic and really good prices.
I actually looked at them and found a cruise which included Jerusalem, which is on my bucket list, for a great price. but then read a few threads on here where people said they weren't great and more geared towards Europeans. So wasn't sure abut them!

Old 20 Jun 22, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
My kids are 18 and 16 and we are doing our 2nd P&O cruise next month
They absolutely loved the 1st one

They are part of a social media group of other teens who will also be on same cruise and they have great plans to meeet up
Old 20 Jun 22, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
We found the drinks package to be very expensive on RC. We just bought the refreshment package of soft drinks, mocktails, speciality coffees, bottled water and fresh juices and then bought a few glasses of wine.
The drinks package prices fluctuates a lot. They have regular sales, usually at bank holidays, 4th July, Black Friday etc. You can cancel on the cruise planner and rebook if you see it cheaper. I noticed a few weeks ago that U.K. guests had an offer of £40 per day for the package but I just looked and it doesn’t seem to be on now.
Bear in mind if it is worth the cost to you ? Chances are you will be off the ship in the daytime and not drinking on the ship. The alcohol wasn’t worth it for us.

You can take onboard 2 bottles of wine and 12 cans/ bottles of pop to drink in your cabin. You do get some free drinks, tea, coffee, lemonade and flavoured water is available in the restaurants and buffet.

Tips will also be $14.50 a day. I find Royal Caribbean show great prices but the extras soon add up. We did love Harmony of the Seas though !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List