Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 22, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Brummie92
Trainee Dibber

How much money?

We are going for 2 weeks in September - we have the Disney dining credit and voucher and also have a Disney gift card

There is 2 of us, we will eat at few table services,and will go to the outlets as well.

We are not having a car and relying on Uber/ Lyft

We are thinking between $4000-$5000? Is that enough to be on the safe side?

It’s our first trip together and without parents (who usually deal with the money side 😂 )
Brummie92 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We took an additional £1200 over the dining credit which was for two of us for any food spends and lightening lane purchases etc. We had a car so I couldn’t say how much Uber will be but how much you spend at the outlets is up to you so no one can really advise on that. We found everything was more expensive than past trips and a lot of things we could get at home either cheaper or the same price.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Brummie92 View Post
We are going for 2 weeks in September - we have the Disney dining credit and voucher and also have a Disney gift card

There is 2 of us, we will eat at few table services,and will go to the outlets as well.

We are not having a car and relying on Uber/ Lyft

We are thinking between $4000-$5000? Is that enough to be on the safe side?

It’s our first trip together and without parents (who usually deal with the money side 😂 )
That's plenty of money, have a great time. I would though just track your spending as it,s very easy to get carried away.
Old 24 Jun 22, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
TheBounce
Helping Minnie

The first time we did WDW, I took $5000 for 2 of us thinking we would need it (we didn't have Dining plan etc) and we brought over $3000 home (I paid for my next holiday in dollars! &#129315 and we did table service, character meals etc. Think it depends how much you eat in terms of snacks, do you have 3 meals a day, how many courses each meal etc? Might sound silly but it's true... we only generally have 1 "proper" meal but smaller meals/snacks the rest of the time so our needs may be less than yours
TheBounce is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

We usually budget $500 per day. Staying for 14 days however we only budget for 13 days due to the first and last day not spending very much.. there are 2 of us, don't really do disney as once it's been done so many times becomes a chore.. always do universal but never eat while there.. always go dennys/IHOP in the morning for breakfast and have a nice dinner of an evening (usually longhorn/outback/yard house etc) this coupled with doing extra stuff like trips to tampa/miami/1 night in HRH for fast passes and abit of outlet shopping aswel as fun spot/helicopter rides/boggy creek/jet skis etc still leaves us with money left over every day.. this year we plan on using revolut, that way we can transfer whatever left unspent back to GBP and bring home rather than spending on un-nessesary rubbish on the last day.. I know all that sounds extravagant to some but I could not think of anything worse than going on holiday and worrying about money.. that's not a holiday to us.. however.. saying that don't put pressure on yourselves and stress too much about money.. its what you make of it.. go have fun 😁
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

We are two adults and have budgeted £100 per day each. This will still be ok even with the awful dollar rate. We have the value dining credits ($18 each per day) - which will roughly be our breakfast and a snack.

We’ve got a table service booked for every day too including Be our Guest and Tusker House.

We have no car either but Uber/Lyft (when needed) will go on my Halifax clarity card.

As we are staying on site for both transport costs are low. But I’ve budgeted £2,500 each (Food, drinks, shopping). Useful to know I don’t drink alcohol though which saves me lots!

Edited at 11:37 AM.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I have booked for next year and we have the dining credit for moderate resort and $200 gift card. I was going to take around an extra $2000 dollars but doubt we would need that with the dining credit. It just depends on what you want to do/where to eat etc.

I am not really that into table service and spending loads for every meal. We might do a few table services during our total 14 night stay but mostly will be quick service for us. We might hire a car for a few days to drive to other places outside Orlando so this would increase our costs. I think your budget is more than enough for 2 holidays never mind one
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

I would say around $2’000 for 2 of you and not having to worry about spending while there.

For the amount you mention you could go 5 star all the way and still have some left over.
Old 24 Jun 22, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I would say whatever you think you need you will need more. I was astonished how expensive everything was earlier this month - it made California seem cheap ! (it used to be the other way around but now now ) - everything except Lyft/Uber was more expensive than London !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mikey19869 View Post
We usually budget $500 per day. Staying for 14 days however we only budget for 13 days due to the first and last day not spending very much.. there are 2 of us, don't really do disney as once it's been done so many times becomes a chore.. always do universal but never eat while there.. always go dennys/IHOP in the morning for breakfast and have a nice dinner of an evening (usually longhorn/outback/yard house etc) this coupled with doing extra stuff like trips to tampa/miami/1 night in HRH for fast passes and abit of outlet shopping aswel as fun spot/helicopter rides/boggy creek/jet skis etc still leaves us with money left over every day.. this year we plan on using revolut, that way we can transfer whatever left unspent back to GBP and bring home rather than spending on un-nessesary rubbish on the last day.. I know all that sounds extravagant to some but I could not think of anything worse than going on holiday and worrying about money.. that's not a holiday to us.. however.. saying that don't put pressure on yourselves and stress too much about money.. its what you make of it.. go have fun 😁
$500 per day? Wow you know how to holiday in style! 😂
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List