Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 22, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

We are taking about $500 in cash and then we will have up to £1500 available on our cards should we need it.

We are planning for about $150 a day. Not including the two travel days.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
$500 per day? Wow you know how to holiday in style! 😂
Yes 🙈.. we just don't know how to do things in moderation!.. saying that we do like a drink at howl/hooters/miller/blue martini or a night so I think half the money goes on cocktails there 🤷😂
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

We are taking about $500 in cash and then we will have up to £1500 available on our cards should we need it.

We are planning for about $150 a day. Not including the two travel days.
I absolutely need someone like you to budget for me 😳
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
In March myself and daughter (22) stayed on site (Pop) for 12 nights had dining credit. Went to the outlets and Disney Springs had 4 table service meals and spent £1800 on credit card plus $800 cash. How much you spend depends mostly on what you buy. Table meals cost us on average £150 to £180 depending on how many drinks, we usually had 1 or 2. Happy holidays. 😎
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mikey19869 View Post
Yes 🙈.. we just don't know how to do things in moderation!.. saying that we do like a drink at howl/hooters/miller/blue martini or a night so I think half the money goes on cocktails there 🤷😂
Thing is, there’s enough and then there’s enough for you. I’m sure it can be done on a small budget if you share meals, don’t buy souvenirs etc but I like to know I have enough for what I might want to buy. Someone else may say it’s nowhere near enough, someone else might say it’s more than enough.

“Enough” is subjective in the same way “where should I stay”, “what parks should I do” are.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

So you take like $7000 for a two week trip? Do you actually spend $500 a day?😂

For us even $2000 we could bring home change 🙈. We aren’t strict with our money and we don’t go on a budget or anything. We eat, drink & buy what we want. We never share meals.

Edited at 01:34 PM.
Fluffypenguin is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

So you take like $7000 for a two week trip? Do you actually spend $500 a day?😂

For us even $2000 we could bring home change 🙈. We aren’t strict with our money and we don’t go on a budget or anything. We eat, drink & buy what we want. We never share meals.
Yes, we usually spend between $150/$200 on meals per day so that leaves around $300.. say $100/150 on drinks and whatever else.. it all adds up..
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
derbylass
VIP Dibber

We are three adults going September for 2 weeks, we have $854 dining credit and the $200 gift card as part of our booking. We are taking and additional £3000 with us which I'm hoping will be enough
derbylass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
homerj
Helping Minnie

That's what we usually budget for 2 adults for three weeks. Alcohol will be the biggest factor, very expensive with your meals.
homerj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I absolutely need someone like you to budget for me 😳

We don’t budget, not at all. We just take what we feel. We have the $500 cash, the $1500 on the card, plus a credit card and we have access to a few thousand more in our normal accounts should we need it, but we never do.

We’ve always spent less than the $2000 mark and we’ve never had to budget or say no to anything we wanted. We eat, drink and buy what we feel. We don’t share meals and we don’t count money and we enjoy ourselves.

We just do the parks though mainly and those are already paid for, we don’t pay out anything on top. Our money is just food, drink & souvenirs.