Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 22, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Mikey19869 View Post
Yes, we usually spend between $150/$200 on meals per day so that leaves around $300.. say $100/150 on drinks and whatever else.. it all adds up..
I guess half of the issue is we can't sit still.. always need to be doing something.. we never have a full day at the parks so end up doing something else on the same day (boggy creek $60/jet ski $150 etc etc..) it doesn't help that we have been so many times so know which rides we want to do and then instead of wandering we just leave.. we pay for valet parking everywhere (another few $$) 🤦🤦🤦.. just writing all this down I know where we go wrong but we just know what we want to do 😬😂
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
We don’t budget, not at all. We just take what we feel. We have the $500 cash, the $1500 on the card, plus a credit card and we have access to a few thousand more in our normal accounts should we need it, but we never do.

We’ve always spent less than the $2000 mark and we’ve never had to budget or say no to anything we wanted. We eat, drink and buy what we feel. We don’t share meals and we don’t count money and we enjoy ourselves.

We just do the parks though mainly and those are already paid for, we don’t pay out anything on top. Our money is just food, drink & souvenirs.
Yes, our biggest extra cost is absoluty the extra activities we do.. if we didn't do the extras we wouldn't spend half what we do..
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Kidd McFluff
slightly serious Dibber

It'll be fine. You can eat and drink like royalty at Deluxe TS or enjoy QS every day and you'll still love it. On our last trip (Easter 22) my family of 4 spent an average of $300 a day on food and drink. We ate in TS and QS at both Disney and Universal (Universal was much better value for food)

Drinking in the parks is V expensive. A couple of cocktails each and you've spent $60. We include 2 cocktails a day each in the budget.

Our holiday included a week in a villa so a few home cooked meals and breakfasts and lots of beer and wine were bought from the grocery store.

$5000 will give you a great budget. You'll be able to eat what you like, where you like (some great restaurants off site and on), sip cocktails at the parks and indulge in snacks and drinks at some of the best spots available.

Lovely to do it like this, especially if it's a 'once and done' Have a great time!
Kidd McFluff is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

We had the dining credit and gift card and were also just a party of two and spent like max $500 on top of the gift card and dining credit. So just over $1k total.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Two of us staying at CSR with dining credit in January. We took about £1,500 on top of the dining credit/gift card. We did 5 on site restaurants, 5 offsite restaurants and the rest quick service. We also did the outlets and bought some Disney & Universal merch. We also used Uber/Lyft.

We still didn’t spend all the cash we took. We came home with about £300 left.
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mikey19869 View Post
Yes 🙈.. we just don't know how to do things in moderation!.. saying that we do like a drink at howl/hooters/miller/blue martini or a night so I think half the money goes on cocktails there 🤷😂
I honestly don't understand the posts in forums like these where people can go for 2 weeks and spend $1500 with cahnge.
Nice to know we're not the only ones that spend a bit much maybe?
We did $11,500 in 3 weeks Apr/May it soon adds up!
Our most expensive day was probs HS, lightsaber, snacks, milk stand, loads of Star Wars purchases, Genie, LL's, $220 in the cantina, $250 Morimoto.
I don't wanna sound like a brag but I honestly think you miss so much if you don't spend sometimes.
Not gonna lie, COVID helped that budget MASSIVELY after being moved 3 times and continued saving. Had we gone when originally booked we wouldn't have spend as much but it wouldn't have been far off I don't think.
I get a bit carried away!

Trader Sams was another $250 bar tab but 100% worth it, more so than the Cantina imo

TS meals aren't the expensive bit, drinks are, but as adults with no car, why the hell not!

Edited at 04:24 PM.
m8rty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Four of us and we usually get by easily on £100 per day (average) having breakfast at the villa. We don’t eat anywhere fancy apart from Cheesecake Factory & Olive Garden and also only drink alcohol at the villa.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by m8rty View Post
I honestly don't understand the posts in forums like these where people can go for 2 weeks and spend $1500 with cahnge.
Our most expensive day was probs HS, lightsaber, snacks, milk stand, loads of Star Wars purchases, Genie, LL's, $220 in the cantina, $250 Morimoto.
I don't wanna sound like a brag but I honestly think you miss so much if you don't spend sometimes.
Not gonna lie, COVID helped that budget MASSIVELY after being moved 3 times and continued saving. Had we gone when originally booked we wouldn't have spend as much but it wouldn't have been far off I don't think.

Trader Sams was another $250 bar tab but 100% worth it, more so than the Cantina imo

TS meals aren't the expensive bit, drinks are, but as adults with no car, why the hell not!
Not everyone can throw money around like that unfortunately!

$11,500 in 3 weeks is simply out of most peoples budget, Even a half of that…..
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by m8rty View Post

In our case we didn’t drink much because it’s not a drinking holiday for us and didn’t buy many souvenirs because even at home we don’t really buy much stuff as it just ends up sitting in a drawer somewhere. We only did two table service meals last time because we eat at a lot of nice places at home so Disney is more of a “live off of Mickey waffles, hot dogs and popcorn” holiday 😂 and we don’t like being tied to reservations. We’ve made 4 ADRs for our next trip but they’re all on a rest day or in the evening around park close so that our day doesn’t have to be planned around dining reservations. All of our meals were on site at Disney but we only had 2 actual meals a day and shared lots or had kids meals because the portions are so big.

I don’t think it’s fair to say people miss stuff if they don’t spend loads of money. We had the ability to spent way more if we wanted to but we did everything we wanted to do and ate everywhere we wanted to, and had an amazing time. Some people just do things differently.

Edited at 04:34 PM.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Brummie92 View Post
We are going for 2 weeks in September - we have the Disney dining credit and voucher and also have a Disney gift card

There is 2 of us, we will eat at few table services,and will go to the outlets as well.

We are not having a car and relying on Uber/ Lyft

We are thinking between $4000-$5000? Is that enough to be on the safe side?

It’s our first trip together and without parents (who usually deal with the money side 😂 )
$5,000? Wow! That's a lot.

Seriously, it all depends on how much many Uber/Lyft travels you plan to do, so it's impossible to say.
I always hire a car and budget for maximum $100 a day per person for food and incidental costs.
I think that even $4,000 will be much more than you'll need.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List