Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 22, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Not everyone can throw money around like that unfortunately!

$11,500 in 3 weeks is simply out of most peoples budget, Even a half of that…..
Very true!
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TheBounce View Post
The first time we did WDW, I took $5000 for 2 of us thinking we would need it (we didn't have Dining plan etc) and we brought over $3000 home (I paid for my next holiday in dollars! &#129315 and we did table service, character meals etc. Think it depends how much you eat in terms of snacks, do you have 3 meals a day, how many courses each meal etc? Might sound silly but it's true... we only generally have 1 "proper" meal but smaller meals/snacks the rest of the time so our needs may be less than yours
Many people 'graze' but I prefer three square meals a day and I don't snack. That said, if I eat a big breakfast I will tend to have a small lunch to balance things.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
m8rty
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
Very true!
I completely 100% agree, we're going back in Sept 23, Universal only and wont spend anywhere close to that amount.
Like I said, that was kinda a one off and we went BIG after 3yrs of cancellations and continued saving.
m8rty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Mum
Getting Excited

We're going for the first time next August (2023) staying at the Caribbean beach resort with dining credit and gift card. 2 adults and 2 kids (12 & 5) we're looking at taking about £5k but will have access to more should we need it. It's our first big holiday so want it to be one to remember. We're going to DLP in a few weeks Monday to Friday with half board meal plans and we're taking about £1k - probably won't spend it all but don't want to be having to say no to the 2 boys when this will be their first time leaving the UK.
Old 24 Jun 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

I think the moral of the story is you can have as much or as little money as you have and still have a ball.. the holiday is what you make of it.. you can completely over indulgence or just go with the flow and spend what you spend, never worry about what your taking tho because it will spoil the experience for you..
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

We are 2 adults and 2 children (or Disney adults). I just sat down and worked out how much we’re likely to spend by looking at restaurant menus and picking what we’d typically eat, both at Disney and offsite for our 14 days stay. I’ve budgeted roughly 1 quick service and 1 sit down meal plus 2 snacks per person per day (can you tell we’re used to the dining plan?!). It’s coming in at around $3120 for food and drink (we don’t drink alcohol), so approx $220 per day. We take spending money for shopping separately so that’s not included.

I’m hoping we don’t spend that much but won’t be surprised if we do. We will be taking an additional $1000 to have in reserve.

We went to Dubai over the May half term and somehow managed to spend around £500 per day on food, entertainment and shopping! 😳

Edited at 05:51 PM.
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mikey19869
Excited about Disney

We don't realise the amount we actually spend until we sit down and work things out.. if the only spends we needed were food/drink we would need half of what we take.. its the extras..
Mikey19869 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Last month we spent £2200 in 16 nights plus our $980 credit. This is for 2 adults. At Christmas my son came with us so we were 3 adults staying offsite for 14 nights and we spent £3500.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by m8rty View Post
I honestly don't understand the posts in forums like these where people can go for 2 weeks and spend $1500 with cahnge.
Nice to know we're not the only ones that spend a bit much maybe?
We did $11,500 in 3 weeks Apr/May it soon adds up!
Our most expensive day was probs HS, lightsaber, snacks, milk stand, loads of Star Wars purchases, Genie, LL's, $220 in the cantina, $250 Morimoto.
I don't wanna sound like a brag but I honestly think you miss so much if you don't spend sometimes.
Not gonna lie, COVID helped that budget MASSIVELY after being moved 3 times and continued saving. Had we gone when originally booked we wouldn't have spend as much but it wouldn't have been far off I don't think.
I get a bit carried away!

Trader Sams was another $250 bar tab but 100% worth it, more so than the Cantina imo

TS meals aren't the expensive bit, drinks are, but as adults with no car, why the hell not!
Apart from the Lightsaber and going to Morimoto, we did all the same things you have mentioned that others “miss out on” with our $2500.

There’s nothing wrong with spending a lot of money if you have it and/or want to. But many of us can do exactly the same things and spend less.

I don’t think I’d even know where to start in spending over £400 in a day, but I am from Yorkshire
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 22, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

I think I read somewhere on here ages ago about taking what money you have and adjusting to suit. I’ve always gone with this in mind, sometimes that’s meant $100 a day and others much more.

I tend to save what I can, work it out into a daily amount and put aside what’s left from each day then that goes on treats, things to bring home or souvenirs.

I don’t count Uber/Lyft costs as that goes out directly from my bank.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List