Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

:) 1st timers pre trippy - updated 29/5

Soooooooo, I am writing a pre trippy!

WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHY, WHEN!

I'll start with who, so there is Me, My DH Paul, DS1 Jack and DS2 Luke

I am Kimberley, I am 28, 29 when we go. I work full time as a receptionist

I am the only one of our party who has been to Orlando before. Last time I went I was 11, it was the 25th Anniversary celebrations and I looked like this

You may also have worked out that this means I have only ever seen the castle look like THIS

I have a few random memories, Fievels playground, a wild west show, my Dad being Mayor of Blizzard Beach for the day and opening the park by going on Summit Plummit. Back to the Future ride at US and crying all the way through Jaws as I am terrified of sharks. We also saw Flubber in the cinema over there and went to IHOP.

My hubby is Paul, 38, he works in Sales and is generally lovely, but not at all romantic.

DS1 is Jack,

he will be 10 when we visit. He has asked about going to Disney World a few times but usually DLP, and we say no as its too expensive. He will be over the moon to be visiting Orlando! Jack is Autistic, has ADHD and sensory problems. Jack is the one who will be LOUD, and also most likely to ask how everything works, if the princesses are real etc etc. Jack loves Minions and iCarly.

Luke is our little fella,

he is 6 and definitely babied. Luke will not queue for anything, he is a determined little sod at times and I hope we can persuade him that the queues will be worth it! Luke is obsessed with Superheroes and anything fluffy!

This will be our 3rd Family holiday, 1st time we went to Majorca, the kids were great on the flight and loved the water park we visited. This year we went to Great Yarmouth in a Caravan, we had a fantastic time and definitely will do this kind of holiday again, we all enjoyed it.

This holiday was meant to be a huge family affair with my Parents, sister, her DH & 2 boys and us 4 all staying in a villa with 2 cars, Dads treat after just retiring from the Merchant Navy. It soon became clear that my Nephew with cystic fibrosis and my Mum with a recent history of cancer were going to struggle to get insurance for any kind of reasonable cost.

My dad then said that the 4 of us should just go, and that he would pay for our flights and accommodation. We were overwhelmed! We had never thought we'd be able to go.

I desperately wanted to stay onsite at Disney, but our budget was more I-drive suited. After looking at what month would be best we decided on June 2016. I wanted the last 2 weeks of the month so started looking for flights around the 17th/18th June. Prices were good with Thomas Cook, and if I brought flights forward by a few days and flew on the 13th it saved us £300! so we are going to be in Orlando from 13th June - 27th June. And I can't WAIT!

more pre trippy coming soon x

Edited at 07:47 PM. Reason: update
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 15, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
What a lovely family you have!

Such a shame the rest of your family can't join you but how wonderful of your dad to help pay for the trip!

Looking forward to hearing more of your plans!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 15, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleTibbs
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to reading more of your plans. It's a great way of passing the time towards holiday. We'll be happy when our countdown reaches the 300 mark! x
LittleTibbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 15, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
daftmum
Very Serious Dibber

What a lovely gesture from your dad! My dd also has ADHD autism and sensory problems. I involved her in all of our planning last time which really helped her. We looked at all the rides and park maps online so she knew what to expect. She coped pretty well (other than our diversion to Iceland which really freaked her out) and on one occasion when we were in one of the parks and the fireworks went off when we weren't expecting them. This was our fault and should have been keeping better tabs on the time. Look forward to reading the rest of your pre-trippie happy planning
daftmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lolli31
Excited about Disney

Mobile

What a lovely thing for your dad to do x
lolli31 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 15, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nampam
Excited about Disney

Hi

Just wanted to say that with my own daughter having cystic fibrosis we also thought we would never find insurance, I found one insurance company called 'insurance with' that would and was a very good price. Unfortunately my husband had not long had surgery for a full shoulder replacement so they wouldn't cover him. In the end we used eurotunnel insurance although you have to phone them to get a quote. They also cover cancer too.
nampam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 15, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

So, when we go to Orlando we are staying onsite... and offsite!

So we will be leaving MCO on the Magical Express and headed to a WDW resort for our 1st 7 nights. I originally looked at Old Key West but something was holding me back. I went back to the drawing board and decided Port Orleans Riverside was the perfect choice for us (well, the best within our price range!)

I also upgraded us to the DDP. It was only £235 to upgrade from QSDP for the 7 days and means we get a table service meal every day. Staying onsite would not even have been an option for us without the free dining plan so thank you Disney! I am really really really hoping we get a room like this

and not this

I'm sure the Alligator Bayou rooms are lovely but I don't really want to pay that much to have rickety (looking) chairs!

Our 2nd week will be spent at Homewood Suites on I Drive,

we get a kitchenette, a sofa bed and a separate bedroom so it will be nice to have some more space after being in one room at POR. I really really wanted to book Drury Inn for the free popcorn it just sounds like my kinda place. However the Homewood Suites are very similar (minus the popcorn) and was £200 cheaper so Paul said we would go there instead. £200 for popcorn sounds totally reasonable to me

During our 2nd week we will also have 1 night at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal. Really looking forward to this, read some fab trippies seeing people walk from the parks back to the hotels

We have 250 days to go so I have started compiling a list of what ADRs we'd like and other places to eat. We won't be booking any ADRs for when we are off site as I think it will be out of our budget. I am so excited to finally be eating some of the amazing food I've been reading about!

My TO DO LIST contains

UNIVERAL TICKETS

SEAWORLD TICKETS

COMPILE ITINERARY

BOOK ADR'S

BOOK FAST PASSES

RENEW KIDS PASSPORTS

APPLY FOR ESTA'S

BOOK CAR HIRE

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Will tick items off as they are sorted

oh, just thought of another one

PAY IT ALL OFF booooo thats the hardest bit haha

thanks for reading
80skid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 16, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

So we now have less than 50 days to go! That has flown by although the 200 to 100 days to go did seem to take forever to get through!

I have a basic itinerary for our 1st week and our ADRs are booked.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016
Magic Kingdom

Breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace at 8.40 (which sounds terribly early to be up and about but we’ll wake up early according to everything Ive read on here!) after a leisurely breakfast we have FP for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad & Space Mountain
Then we’ll find somewhere for lunch or maybe just use a snack credit if we are full
In the afternoon we have FP for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
I am thinking of booking an ADR Splitsville in Disney Springs for this night.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016
Hollywood Studios

Hoping to arrive for park opening as I would love for the boys to get a chance to do Jedi Training. We have FP for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™ & Toy Story Mania! We’ll have a QS meal at some point too so need to look at what QS places are in HS.
I have an ADR booked for the evening for Chef Mickey's Fun Time Buffet Dinner at Chef Mickey's Disney's Contemporary Resort but I need to look at the menu again as I may change this. Also need to see how easy it is to get to by bus!

Thursday, June 16, 2016
Animal Kingdom

As per Dibbers advice I have FP an early slot for Kilimanjaro Safaris (9:05 AM - 10:05 AM) we then have a FP for Everest and then we will have a QS lunch at Yak & Yeti mid-afternoon FP for Dinosaur and then Rainforest Cafe for our evening meal at 5.30.

Friday, June 17, 2016
Epcot

This is the day I think we will have a lazy morning exploring POR and possibly go in the pool. We will also probably have a QS lunch at Riverside Mill food court.

I rang Disney and arranged for us to be transported on the magical express from MCO to POR and was told to "Have a magical day!" at the end of the call

So my to do list now looks like this

UNIVERAL TICKETS - bought

SEAWORLD TICKETS - not going

COMPILE ITINERARY - half done

BOOK ADR'S - done

BOOK FAST PASSES - done

RENEW KIDS PASSPORTS - done

APPLY FOR ESTA'S - done

BOOK CAR HIRE - done

PAY IT ALL OFF - in progress

thanks for reading
Old 29 Apr 16, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Hey lovely! Just saw this aft your comment in mine! Sorry I missed it!

The ADRs you have look good, but I can only see 4? Crystal Palace, Splitsville, Chef Mickey's and Rainforest Cafè?

You should have 3 more I think? Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 16, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
80skid
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Oops not finished my 1st weeks plans, didn't even realise! Haha I had only just commented on yours ☺