Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jun 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

My dd words were meh for English... she did say it was poo too 🤣🤣. My dd takes a long time in reading the questions so does not leave long for the writing. Here’s crossing fingers for everyone for the rest of them.

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Originally Posted by americangal View Post
My DS had business this afternoon and he said it was horrible, it was his strongest subject as well
seems I got it wrong it was English that was rubbish not business so still need to apply for college I feel as without English or maths there's no sixth form! hopefully we are all worrying unnecessarily !
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
seems I got it wrong it was English that was rubbish not business so still need to apply for college I feel as without English or maths there's no sixth form! hopefully we are all worrying unnecessarily !
That’s my worry but more he will have to do level 2 btec in computer science whilst redoing English.

Maths we are ok. We’ve had English tutor for last 7weeks and she said she doesn’t know if he will get through. It’s not because he has poor understanding of English language more he lacks the emotion to describe what’s going on. She said his vocabulary is excellent and in the business world he would write great reports.

I’m hoping if the worst he doesn’t get a 4 he can still do level 3 and resit English in November but for his sake I hope he passes even if it’s a scrape through pass so he can put it behind him, I’m dreading results day for English. Already making me feel sick
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

DD felt English was ‘OK’ and she was dreading it so I’ve got fingers crossed. Think there is another one next week which is longer.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jagmate
Getting Excited

I wish my DS would give me more info about how his exams have gone. When I ask, the usual response is just 'fine'. To be fair, he seems perfectly happy but he's seemed that before in end of year exams and its always turned out that he's not done as well as expected. I've started asking about how each exam has gone in relation to his mocks as he sat last years papers in each subject so I'm using that as a sort of gauge. His mock results weren't amazing in most subjects but were all passes at least so I'll take those if he gets them! Study day today but we've booked a session with his maths tutor and with his English tutor so that he's prepped for those exams later this week.

We also had DD come home with her end of Year 9 results yesterday, which to call 'interesting' would be being generous! We've told her to keep it in perspective as it is only end of year exams but we've also said that she needs to pull her finger out from September. Thank goodness she will be taking the maths and English tutoring slots over from DS as of next week and DS has said he'll work with her on her sciences over the summer. Obviously I've got to pay him to do that but happy to do so if he's prepared to give up his time for her. Honestly if there was a GCSE in Shaun Mendes or The Jonas Brothers or Love Island, she'd be getting top marks!
Jagmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

My daughter was happy with both History and English to the point were she got quite excited when telling us about them. She has Spanish writing this morning.

No rest days this week.
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JLH View Post
This is dad worry and she didn’t quite finish the paper yesterday.

Do guys remember the thread about a paper being pulled I can’t find it to see what the outcome was ?
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Geography this afternoon for my DS. He’s got Geography and Maths revision sessions this morning and then his exam at 1.30. Good luck to everyone with exams today.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
americangal
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
Do guys remember the thread about a paper being pulled I can’t find it to see what the outcome was ?
Yes I thought the same. It would be nice for an update as it could have affected quite a few kids
americangal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mollysue
Helping Donald

Hi sorry no update regarding the pulling of papers from the exam board or the school as yet
Mollysue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List