Old 25 Jul 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Cant believe how close your holiday is now! Almost there. Enjoy your last day and then freedom!
It really is close now, finally got round to counting up how many dollars we had leftover from last year...$78 not a massive amount but it all feels like free money!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Yay hope your last day goes quickly x
Last day was fine even though the heat was unbearable...goodness only knows how we're going to cope this time next week I struggled to sleep last night as it was so hot. I suppose at least we will have the aircon for the room so that won't be a problem.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Quick Update

I'm off work now and so what better to do than start the Food Report. If you want to read along then The Bare Necessities - Cocktails, coffee and cookies is a click away.

I haven't even begun to do packing yet, but it's too hot and everyone is wearing clothes they want to take to Florida . The weekend is supposed to be a bit cooler so I'll put a wash on tomorrow night and then ban them all from wearing Florida clothes so that the packing can commence.

Other than that I've been to the opticians today, had my hair done, got the manicure booked in for Saturday and then 3 of us (me, Max and Kate) are off to the dentist first thing Monday morning for the regular check up . Perhaps that's not a normal pre-travel day activity but the only time they could fit us in was 8.45am and I figured we may as well get it out the way before we go rather than have it to look forward to when we return.

So, as you can see there's going to be loads of spare time for packing, last minute purchases and the most important job of all - updating the pre trip to tell you all what I've been up to!

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

The heat is madness right now, but it'll get you ready for Florida! I'd ban them too I'm off to follow the food report Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
The heat is madness right now, but it'll get you ready for Florida! I'd ban them too I'm off to follow the food report Xx
We've just come in from the garden as we had a bit of thunder and rain. It wasn't in the same league as a Floriday storm as the rain wasn't quite torrential, but hopefully the temperature will drop as I really struggled to sleep last night.

Old 25 Jul 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Swimmer68
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=Goldia;13975314]Quick Update

Great pre trip report enjoyed reading it . I feel your pain over the packing I had packed and everyone has took clothes out from the suitcase with it being so warm . Now I don’t know what’s in and what’s out :

Edited at 10:02 PM. Reason: Meant to reply not quote
Swimmer68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
[QUOTE=Swimmer68;13976145]
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Quick Update

Great pre trip report enjoyed reading it . I feel your pain over the packing I had packed and everyone has took clothes out from the suitcase with it being so warm . Now I don’t know what’s in and what’s out :
Ooh you're countdown is looking great. I prefer to pack once! Kate was very keen to start yesterday but there's a whole bunch of washing and ironing to be done before we can pack. I have started a few packing lists though I'm sure given the organisation skills I've demonstrated through the pre trip you're not at all surprised to discover there are packing lists

Old 26 Jul 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I shouldn’t have looked at the quick update I’m supposed to be finishing packing! We are struggling with the heat and the fact that we really need to wear some of the clothes that needs to be packed. I’ll catch up with the food report later, loving the title😊 Off to set the washing away...
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I shouldn’t have looked at the quick update I’m supposed to be finishing packing! We are struggling with the heat and the fact that we really need to wear some of the clothes that needs to be packed. I’ll catch up with the food report later, loving the title😊 Off to set the washing away...
you're busy, you haven't got time for the Dibb! I hope all that washing is done now.

Old 26 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
you're busy, you haven't got time for the Dibb! I hope all that washing is done now.
I’m having a very quick coffee break, last load of washing in! I was going to have a sneak look at the food report now but I’ve finished my drink too quickly...good things come to those who wait!
OB1LukeLucas is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I’m having a very quick coffee break, last load of washing in! I was going to have a sneak look at the food report now but I’ve finished my drink too quickly...good things come to those who wait!
i forgot to say in the last reply but the title took ages for me to think up. I'd started writing the intro a week or so ago and then couldn't post it as I didn't have a suitable title so yesterday I figured I'd just have to keep it as the Bare Necessities...but as I was putting in the photos it dawned on me that the main part was the cocktails and the rest followed because, well, I liked the alliteration, plus it turned out when I looked through last years photos we do drink a fair few coffee's as well