Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 18 Jun 13, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by baldybouncer View Post
If you can get past...

-the food is really really bad and over priced - cold and not very good...
(
Depends where you go. France doesn't have much of a fast food culture, and the CS options are mixed (Earl of Sandwich and the croque monsieur from Market House Deli are our faves, also Colonel Hathi's Pizza).

The TS restaurants, however, are superb. Walt's, Blue Lagoon, Manhattan, Yacht Club and California Grill all have wonderful food and gracious service.

And for a fun relaxed meal there's Annette's or Cafe Mickey.

And don't forget Inventions character buffet, a favourite of many.

This is another example of how you need to 'think European' to get the best out of DLP!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
aydeepee
VIP Dibber

aydeepee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
I could not bring myself to go to DLP again, I did what you are thinking and compare DLP with WDW... there is no comparison.
I hated DLP it just isn't the same, this is only my opinion and loads will come along and say its great, but its not for us.
Ditto!

It was ok but I wont be rushing back. Thought the service levels weren't great either.

1993 - I-Drive & Clearwater / 1996 - I-Drive / 2006 - DLP / 2007 - I-Drive / 2008 - I-Drive & RPR / 2009 - I-Drive & RPR (again!) / 2011 - RPR / 2013 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2014 - RPR & Beach Club Resort / 2016 - RPR & Beach Club...again (Greatest Hits Tour!) / Sept 2019 - Silver Wedding Anniversary - Capes and Parks Tour / Sept 2022 - Cape, Beach & Parks + IAN! / Sept 2024 - hoping to avoid Ian v2 *
aydeepee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post

I am waiting for my first trip to WDW so I can't compare. I have been to DLP three times over the last 7 years and have enjoyed every trip. I have always managed to get 50% off by looking out for the special offers.

I have become more aware myself if you go looking for problems or for something to not be as good then that is what you will find. If you look for the positives and aim to have fun then that is what you will get.

On the whole I have found the parks to be clean, CMs friendly and willing to joke around with you. Charactors can be a scrum but more often than not if they see you being pushed back they will move others to the side to get to you. Tigger was very good at this!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
Originally Posted by Cadet View Post
I am waiting for my first trip to WDW so I can't compare. I have been to DLP three times over the last 7 years and have enjoyed every trip. I have always managed to get 50% off by looking out for the special offers.

I have become more aware myself if you go looking for problems or for something to not be as good then that is what you will find. If you look for the positives and aim to have fun then that is what you will get.

On the whole I have found the parks to be clean, CMs friendly and willing to joke around with you. Charactors can be a scrum but more often than not if they see you being pushed back they will move others to the side to get to you. Tigger was very good at this!
Totally agree, we haven't been to WDW yet either, but have been to DLP 3 times, and are going back in November for trip number 4. We love DLP and have never had any issues as described in previous messages, I can't remember ever meeting a rude CM, and have not had any complaints about the food... yes people smoke, but they smoke at Chessington when they're not supposed to.

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We have been to both. Neither is perfect - is anywhere?! - but if you learn the culture and do your research (ie spend loads of time on the Dibb!) you can have a great time at both.

Re the service - European service is polite and reserved. They do not think you want people pushing themselves on you when you are in holiday, but will be there if asked. We met two Anaheim CMs at DLP and they were very impressed by how the service at DLP was appropriate to European culture.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Cariadbach
Trainee Dibber

Cor there are some negative Nancys today!
I Love dlp,of course its not going to be on the same scale as WDW,but it has its own uniqueness that makes it just as fab.I love that its not massive,makes it a lot easier when taking kids,we took dd and ds for their first visit last year and it was great as it wasnt too overwhelming for them.I definately prefer btm at dlp to wdw!Go with an open mind,and if not,go just to watch your kids enjoy it
Cariadbach is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

I couldn't get excited about going to Dlp have been 3 times and each time was a disaster for various reasons, the French are rude and ignorant if i was told the only holiday i could have was Dlp i would stay at home and i dont think it is that cheap to go either but that is just my opinion
Old 18 Jun 13, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
squishy
Imagineer

squishy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Definitely not cheap to go, but an experience and a magical one for children, nonetheless (IMHO!)
squishy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 13, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
With no school age children you would have been better going in term time during the week. At 8am when we get there for EMH the park is empty!
It was a midweek visit in September 2000 once British schools were back, but they must have been school groups or European kids still on holiday.

When DD went last November (granted, it was the final weekend of Oct half term), her group of Brownies managed no more than 5 rides in the 2 days due to the length of queues (for both rides and food).
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 13, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post

As you can see from my signature, I've done DLP many times and we absolutely love it. We have been on adult only trips, with school children, with toddlers, in large groups and all have been as good as the last.
I am sure that some people go expecting it to be bells and whistles American Disney which it certainly is not. I have never once come across a rude cast member - they have always been more than happy to assist when I have asked but don't go out of their way to be overly friendly and in your face - this is because it's in France, not America. As an ex smoker, I tend to notice smoking more than your average person, and although I noticed it more on one trip last year, apart from the occasional whiff in May, I hardly saw it at all. I have NEVER queued for more than 40 minutes for any ride in DLP so i'm really not sure how someone could only do 5 rides all day It's the same as any holiday I go on - I choose the times to suit us based on price/deals/school holiday/avoiding weekends and have never been disappointed. Use tips/trips from experienced DLP dibbers and you can't go wrong.
Take it as it is, a small piece of Disney magic in a European country and you will have a ball :-)
Closed Thread