Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile Booked a cruise

Are we mental?

Booked an 11 night NCL Hawaii to Vancouver for end of April.

Not confident it will go ahead but only £100pp deposit and balance due in Feb so a better idea by then.

Will shift to deposit to another cruise if need be
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Will keep fingers crossed for you. I keep looking but until we have a sense of continued restrictions we are waiting. Gutted to not have one to look forward too 🙁

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a lot of credit with NCL and haven’t yet used it to book a future sailing. I hope your optimism wins over my pessimism as I can’t see getting to Hawaii (plane cancellations due to consolidations, potential testing on arrival (what do you do if one of you is positive?!) being straightforward - quite aside from any future quarantine lockdowns. And then boarding a cruise to Canada which is carefully managing its borders. The combination of it being a cruise, and Hawaii, and Canada would make the various uncertainties too much for me to part with any money at this point. I would also not be certain about NCL’s liquidity if cruising can’t recover in the near term. I’ve mentally written off my credit with them for that reason - if I eventually get to use it, great.
Old 2 Aug 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I have a lot of credit with NCL and haven’t yet used it to book a future sailing. I hope your optimism wins over my pessimism as I can’t see getting to Hawaii (plane cancellations due to consolidations, potential testing on arrival (what do you do if one of you is positive?!) being straightforward - quite aside from any future quarantine lockdowns. And then boarding a cruise to Canada which is carefully managing its borders. The combination of it being a cruise, and Hawaii, and Canada would make the various uncertainties too much for me to part with any money at this point. I would also not be certain about NCL’s liquidity if cruising can’t recover in the near term. I’ve mentally written off my credit with them for that reason - if I eventually get to use it, great.

Yeah all that is under consideration.

Not wanting to sound crass but it's only £300. 6 months is a long time for things to change. Worth it to have something to look forward to for now. Have pretty much written off this years Disney trip
Buzz n' Piglet is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buzz n' Piglet View Post
Yeah all that is under consideration.

Not wanting to sound crass but it's only £300. 6 months is a long time for things to change. Worth it to have something to look forward to for now. Have pretty much written off this years Disney trip
I hope you get to go! I’ve more or less written off USA travel until we know more about what is happening with COVID.

I understand the only £300 commitment but I suppose I was thinking you’d have to commit (probably) to flights to Honolulu and from Vancouver and those could be expensive and prone to cancellation and amendment, before your final payment date?

I really hope things are back to normal sooner than I fear

It’s the uncertainty I can’t stand. What if you don’t pass the COVID test? What if the Canada quarantine rules change when you are en route to Canada etc.

One of my friends husband lives / works in Texas and it took him three weeks to successfully get home due to cancelled flights, alleged high temperature before boarding the aircraft and so on - that brought it home to me for sure.

Edited at 09:02 PM.
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

So trust me you aren't as crazy as we are! We just used our CC to book a Christmas 2020 cruise in hope that things look better! I think it may be wishful thinking on our part but I'm holding out hope for now
Old 3 Aug 20, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Buzz n' Piglet
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
I hope you get to go! I’ve more or less written off USA travel until we know more about what is happening with COVID.

I understand the only £300 commitment but I suppose I was thinking you’d have to commit (probably) to flights to Honolulu and from Vancouver and those could be expensive and prone to cancellation and amendment, before your final payment date?

I really hope things are back to normal sooner than I fear

It’s the uncertainty I can’t stand. What if you don’t pass the COVID test? What if the Canada quarantine rules change when you are en route to Canada etc.

One of my friends husband lives / works in Texas and it took him three weeks to successfully get home due to cancelled flights, alleged high temperature before boarding the aircraft and so on - that brought it home to me for sure.
We won't book flights until late in the day. Not giving airlines my cash at the moment.