Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My Feet Are Sore! A week in Disney Sept 2018. Day 2 - AK & DS

The dining report is here.

We started the day early waking about 5am. We planned morning EMH at Animal Kingdom so just started getting ready. We had breakfast on the balcony before heading out about 7.20am.
Some hallway pics of Boardwalk Inn.

We arrived at the park in 10 minutes and parked close enough to walk.

Kangaroo on the way.

We got as far as the entrance to Africa at about 7.55am (bag check was busy) and were held there until 8am.

We had planned to ride the safari first and hadn’t bothered with a FP for it. We had managed to get a Flight of Passage FP for 5ish but I managed to change it the day before to lunchtime. If I hadn’t we’d have just gone back to AK for dinner later but this was much better.
We found a lot of people were heading to the safari and by the time we walked with the crowd down the queue area it took about 5-10 mins to get on. There were a lot of animal about so be prepared for animal photo overload!

After the safari we had a wander round Gorilla Falls but were informed many of the gorillas were still in bed!

From there we popped to Kusafiri Bakery and had second breakfast still during EMH. By the time we were done the non-EMH guests were arriving and our first FP was 9.50am for Expedition Everest. I was able to bring this forward to 9.20am so we just wandered round. We rode EE and although I enjoyed it I found it a bit rattily. For anyone who read the pre trip report I had hoped this would dislodge my earwax but it didn’t.

I was also able to move our Dinosaur FP forward while in the queue for EE so we headed straight there. For some reason neither of us were as scared as we normally are. Yes I know the dinosaurs aren’t real but the darkness and roaring normally really freaks me out! Marie was disappointed she hadn’t been scared. Maybe we’ve ridden it too many times!

We went from Dinosaur to It’s Tough to be a Bug which we really enjoy. I’m always really entertained by the reaction of people who haven’t done it before, especially when the bugs leave at the end. Thankfully there didn’t seem to be any crying children that had to be removed. I always feel bad when that happens.

I tried to bring the FoP FP forward so we could go straight there but no joy so we went round Maharaja Jungle Trek then went for lunch at Yak & Yeti. It was really busy but we got seated straight away with the Landry card.

After lunch it was time for our FoP FP. This ride is as awesome as I remembered it. I really can’t overstate how amazing this ride is!

I tried a few times in the queue to get another FP for it but gave up and we left after riding this via the shops. We decided to buy a fuel rod here as we were really using phone battery. This cost $30 in the parks but you can exchange a depleted fuel rod at any station or charge it via a USB port at home.

We decided to go to the Vineland Outlets for a browse. We only looked in a couple of shops including the Character Warehouse. I bought a t-shirt for $7.99 and we got a soap dish and toothbrush holder for our bathroom. We also bought some bowls as we needed them for the pie we had bought in Walmart.

From there we headed to Disney Springs.

Random DS pics.

Being very thirsty we went to the Coke place. You can read the details in the dining report if you feel so inclined but we basically spent $17 on too much juice.

We had a browse round the Disney shops generally avoiding the expensive stores. We looked in the Star Wars and Marvel shops and I bought a Star Wars vest top that I planned on wearing to the Star Wars Dessert Party if we decided to go.

We then looked in the Lego shop and admired some things we can’t afford then headed to World of Disney. We had our gift cards to collect but with the refurbishment there was no information desk. I had to ask someone and it turns out at the moment it’s a podium in a corner. The CM had to go away and get the gift cards so we popped out to look in some of the nearby shops including getting our free sample of Ghirardelli while we were at it.

We didn’t do much buying and before we left went to The Daily Poutine for tea. From there we went back to the room and chilled on the balcony for a wee while. We discussed our options for breakfast the following day. I had booked The Wave but we considered the advantages to a pre park opening Be Our Guest ADR. I was able to get 8am so we decided to go for it.

After a full on second day my feet were sore and had swollen to big giant clown feet. I now had cankles!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great photos of the safari. I love your new top, can’t beat a bit of Star Wars.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Great photos of the safari. I love your new top, can’t beat a bit of Star Wars.
Thanks! I ended up wearing it on our next DHS day as I couldn’t resist.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day

Joan
Old 5 Oct 18, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Another super busy day.

You were really lucky with the FastPasses at Animal Kingdom, they just seemed to run together really nicely.

I wish I was as brave as you - I was SO scared when we rode Disnosaur for the first time on our trip last year. I think it was the loud and the dark and being worried about falling out the jeep. I'm a wuss!

I like your retro Minnie t-shirt you found at the Outlets, it's really cute.

Disney Springs looks really quiet, perfect for mooching around the shops and not being stressed out by crowds.

Poor you with the cankles. I get the same problem but refuse to wear compression socks so only have myself to blame. Hope the swelling goes down for you. I found sleeping with my feet on a pillow or cushion so they were a bit higher up helped.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Cazzius View Post
Another super busy day.

You were really lucky with the FastPasses at Animal Kingdom, they just seemed to run together really nicely.

I wish I was as brave as you - I was SO scared when we rode Disnosaur for the first time on our trip last year. I think it was the loud and the dark and being worried about falling out the jeep. I'm a wuss!

I like your retro Minnie t-shirt you found at the Outlets, it's really cute.

Disney Springs looks really quiet, perfect for mooching around the shops and not being stressed out by crowds.

Poor you with the cankles. I get the same problem but refuse to wear compression socks so only have myself to blame. Hope the swelling goes down for you. I found sleeping with my feet on a pillow or cushion so they were a bit higher up helped.
We used to be scared on Dinosaur. I always made Marie sit on the outside seat! I think it’s just familiarity now.

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Oct 18, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The fast pass moving around went well today, great that you could swap your FOP to earlier in the day and then bring forward your dinosaur FP. We always get a bit freaked out on dinosaur it's definitely scary! I agree with you I love hearing people squeal during it's tough to be a bug, it's a really cute little show!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
The fast pass moving around went well today, great that you could swap your FOP to earlier in the day and then bring forward your dinosaur FP. We always get a bit freaked out on dinosaur it's definitely scary! I agree with you I love hearing people squeal during it's tough to be a bug, it's a really cute little show!
Yes we were able to make FP work for us quite well this trip.

Trip Report Index
Old 7 Oct 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Does the Fuel Rod come with a USB cable when you first buy one? I contemplated getting one this year but didn’t need to in the end and I’d been wondering about this.

I thought you were mad even thinking you’d be able to move your FoP FP forward but I am glad your persistence paid off.

Did you have to collect your Refer a Friend card at World of Disney too? If so, that's a bit of a pain! I was annoyed when we picked up our gift card this year and had to go away and come back, it just seemed unnecessary fuss.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Does the Fuel Rod come with a USB cable when you first buy one? I contemplated getting one this year but didn’t need to in the end and I’d been wondering about this.

I thought you were mad even thinking you’d be able to move your FoP FP forward but I am glad your persistence paid off.

Did you have to collect your Refer a Friend card at World of Disney too? If so, that's a bit of a pain! I was annoyed when we picked up our gift card this year and had to go away and come back, it just seemed unnecessary fuss.
The fuel rod came with a couple of connecters, one for the iPhone/ipad and another (not sure what for). It also had a connecter that you use to charge the fuel rod at home. You keep the connecters and just swap the actual fuel rod.

We collected both giftcards at the same time and she just gave me one for $200 instead of 2 x $100. It was irritating having to go and come back. If I'd known that we would have went there first then had a look round WoD but as it was we went at the end of our browse.

Trip Report Index