Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Oct 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Flimsey
Very Serious Dibber

Flimsey's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow what a full first day! Looking forward to the rest, we want to do California with our children when the youngest is bit older, so I’ll be making notes. The Hilton looks like a fab hotel for Universal
Flimsey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Great day! Flight sounds brill & thankfully you got the car you wanted.

That view is incredible!

So amazed you managed all that on travel day. Especially the girls! Blaze and champagne - perfect end to the day xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
The Durrigan's
VIP Dibber

What an amazing travel day, you guys really hit the ground running.

...nice result with the Tahoe too

Southern Dunes 1997, Rodeway Inn on I-Drive 1999, Rosen Plaza on I-Drive 2003, Tivoli Manor 2007, Windsor Hills Resort 2008, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2009, Espirit 2010, Highlands Reserve 2013, Dibb Villa Lindfields 2015, Dibb Villa Sunridge Woods 2018, Dibb Condo Bahama Bay Resort + Disney Swan 2019
The Durrigan's is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Originally Posted by Inky View Post
Great start to the holiday, looking forward to reading the rest, loved your Disneyworld reports last time x
Aww thank you so much! TFR x

Originally Posted by GUMBALL View Post
Hi,

Love reading these trip reports and look like you had a great start. Look forward to reading the rest.

For me, one of the worst bits is picking up the car as it's the one bit you have little control over.

We're doing similar very soon... into LAX and staying at Hilton Universal with Universal view room. Can't wait!

We've also booked a Tahoe (hopefully!) and I was worried about it getting into the car park under the Hilton. We've stayed before (but had a Mustang so no height worries) and remember the car park being quite low. Was the Tahoe a tight squeeze height wise?

See my previous thread .. https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1063745

I was going to do valet parking and let them worry about it but if the Tahoe fits, I'll be self parking!

My daughter will be very excited when I tell her there is a Sephora at City Walk!

Sean
Hi Sean, that's so exciting! No it was fine! There were even bigger trucks than ours down there

TFR x

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Wow! You guys are hardcore! An 11 hr flight, Griffith observatory and city walk! Amazing!
Haha thank you! TFR x

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Lovely start to the holiday. Perfect dinner! Glad you got the car you wanted- good on Andy for getting it changed😊
Thank you, yeah I'm so glad he did. TFR x

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Great start, looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip
Thank you! TFR x

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Brilliant start, love seeing the photos of LA. Who knew traffic pics could be so cool?!

Pizza and champers sounds like the perfect first night meal. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to tomorrow xx
Lol so many traffic pics on my camera roll! It's our favourite first night meal! TFR x

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
I can’t believe you managed all that after your flight! Amazing! As travel days go, that was a good one!
Haha thank you, I know, looking back we actually did loads! TFR x

Originally Posted by Flimsey View Post
Wow what a full first day! Looking forward to the rest, we want to do California with our children when the youngest is bit older, so I’ll be making notes. The Hilton looks like a fab hotel for Universal
Thank you, yes it was the perfect location for Universal definitely. TFR x

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Great day! Flight sounds brill & thankfully you got the car you wanted.

That view is incredible!

So amazed you managed all that on travel day. Especially the girls! Blaze and champagne - perfect end to the day xx
Thank you, honestly it was such a lovely view.

Thank so much TFR x

Originally Posted by The Durrigan's View Post
What an amazing travel day, you guys really hit the ground running.

...nice result with the Tahoe too
Thank you! Haha yes I guess we did! TFR x

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Wow! I think that is the most hardcore start to a holiday ever. How your girls kept going after such a long flight I'll never know! Seems you got off pretty light with the notoriously dreadful LA traffic.
Looking forward to reading the rest.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

I'm impressed you managed sightseeing after the flight! the view from your hotel looks amazing. The Citywalk in Hollywood is great, we had been there before we went to Florida and felt the Florida one was disappointing in comparison
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What a fantastic start to your holiday, glad you got the car sorted out, and pizza and champagne sounds like a perfect first tea

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
GUMBALL
Excited about Disney

Many thanks for the feedback about the car park.

Sean
GUMBALL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Wow, I can’t believe you stopped for sightseeing on the way from the airport! That’s hard core :-)
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 02:35 AM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

xxSmileyKyliexx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Mate you must have been shattered after that day! Sounds so fun though! I've booked the Hilton for one night when we go, so excited after reading this 🤗
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List