Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
What a simply gorgeous day. So many amazing views, you really did make the most of your time there. I’ve read a lot about how busy it can be in the communal areas but doesn’t sound too bad. X
I wanted us to make the most of our time in Yosemite but still be quite relaxed about it. There's so many different things to see.

Yes it was quite busy we found the buses to be really bad. I would avoid going at the weekend in the holiday period but we really didn't have a choice. It was still manageable xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by The A team View Post
Such a lovely day, some fantastic photos too.
We had such a great day, thank you for reading along
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
Great day. Great photos.
Aww thank you
Old 2 Feb 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
Oh that brings back such special memories, I’ve such a longing to go back now. Thank you 😊
Aww that's lovely that you've got such special memories of a beautiful place.

Thanks for reading
Old 2 Feb 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
Another lovely day. The cabin looks good. Did you know before hand what walks and trails you wanted to do? I think I have so much research to do before August.
Thank you, the cabin was quite good really.

Yes we did know which trails and walks we wanted to do apart from our last day that is. My husband bought me a book about Yosemite which helped but i watched vlogs and looked online too for easy family walks
Old 2 Feb 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh Julia what a wonderful day, it takes me right back there!

I think my photos are literally exactly the same as yours from the Mist Trail especially the one with that tree right in the middle of the waterfall. It’s blinking hard work isn’t it? We somehow made it to the top then had to endure going back on the John Muir trail which goes up a fair way before you start to descend so I think you were right in turning back when you did.
How amazing you got to see a bear though!

Mirror Lake and Lower Yosemite Falls are nice flat walks in comparison

Isn’t the queue at the Pizza Patio insane? I don’t think we ever saw it with only a few people in it.

A truly fabulous day!
I think you did so well Alicia to get to the top and then carry on with the trail. Your views from the top were fab so it looked like it was so worth it.

The afternoon seemed like a breeze in comparison but when we walked back down the Mist Trail that was so easy we practically skipped back down!

The first night when we saw the queue we just assumed we'd arrived at a busy time? Didn't realise until the next night that there was always a line!

thanks for reading
Old 2 Feb 20, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
We found the trek to Vernal Falls tough going too Julia, I particularly had to keep stopping to get my breath back. The views were amazing though, we too didn't make it to the top... Probably to a similar spot as you. It was very wet and slippy and Scarlett was shaking like a leaf with nerves in case she fell. One false slip and you'd fall and be in the water. I was surprised at how many young children were going up quite unprepared really. I don't think some people see the danger! Anyway I'd love to go back and get to the top some day. How lovely you saw a bear, we didn't see ant during our trip bit would have loved to have seen one. Another lovely day x
It was quite tough at points wasn't it Nicky which took me by surprise as I'd read that it was a easy walk. I felt better seeing that a lot of other people kept stopping and resting for a while too!
I was surprised at how bus it was and that in itself made me feel a bit uneasy about going to the top as iy was difficult to move past people and i didn't like that Poppy and the boys were walking on the side nearest to the edge. We didn't have the right shoes either but like you Nicky I'd like to go to the top.
It was just by chance we really didn't think we'd see a bear but it was great that we did. maybe you might see one on your next trip,

Thanks for reading xx
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Another great day and lovely you saw a bear (from a distance!). It sounds a bit busy with the buses but you got a lot done.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 20, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Another great day and lovely you saw a bear (from a distance!). It sounds a bit busy with the buses but you got a lot done.
Thanks Diane it was such a thrill to see an actual bear! It was very busy but it was still a better option to catch the bus rather than using the car. We got there in the end so it was all good
Old 8 Feb 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another busy day for you with lots of walking. The views of Vernal Falls are great, but it sounds like a fairly dangerous path when it gets wet. How fab to see a bear! The buses sound a bit crazy, but at least you got where you wanted to go in the end. Lovely lunch spot you had again today.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List