Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day one done... Those guys worked their socks off today the bathroom is just a shell now down to bare brick and ceilings gone too, just a lonely toilet in the corner that we have to flush for next few days with a bucket.

Room looks so much bigger with nowt in and I just keep thinking with each day its going to look better, tomorrow its the electrics for spotlights and we have a pull cord light at minute in bathroom and that's going to move to an outside switch instead so that will be done too and ceiling will be reboarded... The mess and the colour of them when they took old ceiling down 😳😳, they both looked like they were the black and white minstrels 😳😳, but they have cleaned everything away ready for next guys tomorrow, so far so good, still on plan whixh for this house is a bloody miracle 🏡😂🙄
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I had to laugh at the black and white minstrel comment Sam! Sounds like you have got a project on your hands with your home, but good that you are sticking with it, hopefully it will be worth it when you finish all your renovations, and no more nasty surprises along the way - fingers crossed for you! Just drink through it... 😂

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The walls have stripped back very well. Kango hammer?

I know it's messy but it will be so worth it. Good choice ditching the cord pull for the lights, so old fashioned now and within 6 months the cord looks grubby.

Are you having a ceiling fan to operate off the same circuit?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The walls have stripped back very well. Kango hammer?

I know it's messy but it will be so worth it. Good choice ditching the cord pull for the lights, so old fashioned now and within 6 months the cord looks grubby.

Are you having a ceiling fan to operate off the same circuit?
Three layers of tiles were on those walls I bet we've gained space lol. God knows what they used Mr T but my ears were ringing lol. Yep glad we went for outside light switch I don't like pull cords and I used to wipe mine regular with bleach to keep it white lol. Don't know about ceiling fan, will have to check with him indoors he knows more than me I just chose the fixtures and colours lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I had to laugh at the black and white minstrel comment Sam! Sounds like you have got a project on your hands with your home, but good that you are sticking with it, hopefully it will be worth it when you finish all your renovations, and no more nasty surprises along the way - fingers crossed for you! Just drink through it... 😂
Will do Louise 🍺🍷🍺🍷🍺🍷🍺
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

It'll be soooo worth it when it's done -- but you have my sympathy about the bucket in the meantime!

Looking forward to seeing the end result.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Three layers of tiles were on those walls I bet we've gained space lol. God knows what they used Mr T but my ears were ringing lol. Yep glad we went for outside light switch I don't like pull cords and I used to wipe mine regular with bleach to keep it white lol. Don't know about ceiling fan, will have to check with him indoors he knows more than me I just chose the fixtures and colours lol
A fan is money in the bank if you shower as they generate more steam than a bath
A nice big one in the ceiling vented to the wall or soffit board.

Not that much, maybe £60 to £80 for a nice powerful one.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
It'll be soooo worth it when it's done -- but you have my sympathy about the bucket in the meantime!

Looking forward to seeing the end result.
I'm not using the bucket bianca lol that's flush as cisterns gone... Paul can be chief flusher haha x
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Got our new bathroom finished around the end of lockdown 1.0.

My favourite bits are the shower nook (such a simple idea, looks great and so handy) and the mirrored cupboard that is recessed into the stud wall - it looks like a mirror but press it and there's 'magic' space inside! Oh, and the underfloor heating - it makes the room so cosy even though the floor is tiled.
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
A fan is money in the bank if you shower as they generate more steam than a bath
A nice big one in the ceiling vented to the wall or soffit board.

Not that much, maybe £60 to £80 for a nice powerful one.
Yep we are having bath and shower so thinking about it probably will have a fan or extractor in place, I'll ask later, I prefer showers, everyone else prefers baths, I'd have hapilly just had a big walk in shower