Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Nov 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Do Emma/simba hybrids feel like a tempur mattress?

Hi guys

If anyone has an Emma or Simba hybrid, do they feel similar to a tempur hybrid? Do you like the mattress? What would you compare it to?

We liked the tempur firm non-hybrid and a Therapur actigel but the Emma/Simba pricing are tempting.

I’ve been get lower back pain for a wee while and need something to stop this as a side sleeper.

Ps we are moving up to a super king so can’t just put the new mattress on current divan to test it & it’s cheaper to buy a divan with the mattress in Dreams if we don’t like the Emma/Simba.

Cheers
Fluff
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I can’t make a comparison for you, but all I can say is that we have a superking size simba mattress and we hate it! It was fine until just after the 100 day trial finished and now we are stuck with it! DH hates it more than me, but because of the size of it we are now stuck with a massive ridge in the middle and if either of us try to move into the middle we just roll off the lump!

I’d never recommend it to anyone, they are possibly not so bad on a smaller bed, but as a superking size we’ve found it awful.
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

The Emma is on the softer medium side at 5 on the firmness spectrum. The Simba and Tempur are in the medium range, both being around 6.5 on the spectrum. So the Simba would be the closest match.

Edited at 10:49 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you both. It’s good to get 1st hand experience from someone with the same size. I’ve read other mattresses can develop a ridge but not the Simba.

Emma might be a bit too soft then as we liked the firm tempur, thanks.
fluff48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you can compare the Emma and the Simba mattresses but the Tempur mattress is in a whole other league.
Obviously places are closed at the moment but I would definitely fully investigate and try out mattresses before you buy. We tried out an Emma Mattress at DFS is was lovely but not a patch on the Tempur, not a patch on price either lol
We actually ended up with a IGEL mattress from Bensons. I suffer from pain in my lower back and hips, also lots of menopausal hot sweats!
This mattress is a dream ! Honestly, its amazing. Cost a fortune but it felt so much better for us than the Tempur. We decided on a medium for firmness.
It’s definitely worth trying as many mattresses as you can.
I absolutely hated the IGEL pillow though! It was like sleeping on a rock. I have now got a tempur cloud pillow which is perfect.
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I think you can compare the Emma and the Simba mattresses but the Tempur mattress is in a whole other league.
Obviously places are closed at the moment but I would definitely fully investigate and try out mattresses before you buy. We tried out an Emma Mattress at DFS is was lovely but not a patch on the Tempur, not a patch on price either lol
We actually ended up with a IGEL mattress from Bensons. I suffer from pain in my lower back and hips, also lots of menopausal hot sweats!
This mattress is a dream ! Honestly, its amazing. Cost a fortune but it felt so much better for us than the Tempur. We decided on a medium for firmness.
It’s definitely worth trying as many mattresses as you can.
I absolutely hated the IGEL pillow though! It was like sleeping on a rock. I have now got a tempur cloud pillow which is perfect.
We liked the igel 3000 firm from Bensons but was pricey at £1850. If the Simba/Emma are a no go from reviews then we might go with the therpur gel from Dreams as it’s very similar to the igel but only £1500 & if we don’t like it then we can upgrade to the tempur firm. The gel beds are more like our current mattress and I don’t know what to expect long term with the tempur.

Thanks for your comments, they have been really helpful.
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We have had the Simba for 2 1/2 years, no complaints at all. It is a medium firm.
Sorted out my back and hip issues
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
We have had the Simba for 2 1/2 years, no complaints at all. It is a medium firm.
Sorted out my back and hip issues
Thanks. Could I ask what size you have and if you have experience a ridge in the middle or the mattress becoming indented where you lie?
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

We have Emma on all our guest beds and are fantastic for that we have Eve on our super king had it 3 years love it not hot like tempura but the tempura pillows are better
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 20, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
fluff48
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
We have Emma on all our guest beds and are fantastic for that we have Eve on our super king had it 3 years love it not hot like tempura but the tempura pillows are better

Thank you. Can i ask how does the eve differ to the Emma? Is it firmer or more traditional like a spring mattress, etc

We are both side sleepers and looking for somthing for lower back pain plus hip pain for OH.

Sorry for the 20 questions lol. I just wish I could try all the mattresses in a shop locally.